Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Well the ‘Heavy’ sounds like a petulant child.

I don’t actually think people would jump ship. I know I wouldn’t, nor would my guild, nor the RP community on Horde AD (Don’t go “that’s a tiny number” check out Realm Pops).

To be honest, the people who would jump ship? They already -did- when Void Elves were released. The people who stayed, actually -like- playing Blood Elves -in- the Horde.

Look what race a lot of the people asking for High Elves are posting on here (That’s not being Judgy McJudgeface, just pointing something out)

Void Elves. Void Elves and Humans.

Giving playable High Elves isn’t going to change the faction dynamic in any non-negligible manner, at all.

5 Likes

I haven’t thought about it that way, I completely agree with you.

So then meditation is something related to Alliance-aligned High Elves and Farstriders, not the just the former. Thank you for the info!

Once again, completely agree.

Yeah, they also mentioned that Farstriders are actually a pretty big -thing- as opposed to just ‘Elven bowmen’ and I would imagine this applies to High Elf and Blood Elf alike, we know it applies to Blood Elf ones, but it makes sense to apply to High Elven ones as well.

For a start, they’re actually a political body, not just a military one, they actually have a lot of social power. They are also fairly supernatural, They are an ‘order’ not just rangers, and are pretty much the vestiges of the Quel/Sin’dorei Druidic tradition, they do actually employ and have ‘Nature’ magic.
Further to that, they are the Blood Elves (Presumably this would apply to High ELves as well) who were -Least- effected by the Fel presence. They didn’t suffer the withdrawals as much, and they suffered the Fel presence less, in terms of the changes. They are constantly described as the physically fittest, and most resistant to disease and such.

(That’s actually the reason Brigante is so pale, not that all Blood Elves are tanned at all, but it just seemed to add up)

3 Likes

Sooooo, I am not someone in support of playable high elves. I mean, in general I don’t even like them.
But from the point of view of someone not in support of high elves, just wanted to say that I wouldn’t mind a shared model. Hell, I would mind a hell lot more a flashy model with tattoos and stuff. (Because lorewise, blood elves should have it too, and if the opposite faction allied race do like the Lightforged and Highmountains, I would be unhappy.)

Same model, blue/gold eyes, eventually different hairstyles; all fine by me.
If by the occasions we can get more skin colors (darker tones) and tattoos/warpaints/runes for everyone coming from Quel’thalas, I’m even in support.

3 Likes

Most lodge-dwelling high elves would have been Farstriders, right?

Apart from not wanting to play one, would you have enjoyed fighting high elves? Do you role play? Would you have your background story shared with some high elves (like estranged family members, former sisters in arms, lost neighbours, childhood friends, etc.)? Because that’s something I’d LOVE to play out on my high elves.

I wonder if there are many humans and forsaken role players who have decided to have common backgrounds like that. I suppose it’ll be easier when the characters get to speak the same languages, though.

My other void elf has done this. When researching his background, I looked into the Argent Archives. I decided on the surname Suncrown (as in Suncrown Village), and found a Suncrown blood elf role player, whom I contacted, and we found a seamless and interesting way of merging our family trees and backgrounds.

This sort of thing is something I hope to see a lot more of on high elves.

1 Like

I think it is a safe bet to say that -many- of them would have been. We do see people like Priestess Aurora at Quel’lithien, who is -not- a Farstrider, but I think it is pretty likely that it was the Farstrider element of High Elven exiles who went to Quel’lithien and Quel’danil, whereas others went to Dalaran, Theramore and Stormwind. The Lodges, Retreats and Enclaves are the traditional power centres of the Farstrider order, after all.

That’s not to say that all people at the Lodges are Farstriders, or that some Farstrider’s did not go to the cities (I mean Vereesa famously did), but they probably make up the bulk of them…

Heh heh, check out her Guild Tag and Realm. Simple answer is ‘Yes she does’ She’s my 3iC in the Guild :smiley:

3 Likes

Like Brig said, I do indeed roleplay! And yeah, there would be place in Narmë’ s background for that; cousins or childhood friends mostly in her case, as she’s a relative youngster. (Her elder sister would have more potential for that; estranged best friend after her choice to be a Sunfury? Heck yeah!)
I currently have a very old nightborne who should meet her kaldorei great grand daughter, who have been heavily scarred in Teldrassil. Yes, i do love cross-faction angst haha, and blessed be that potion.

I admit that a good part of my reluctance toward playables high Elves comes from how unpleasant a crowd they attract, but it seems it calmed those last months (Not only on this topic I precise, in general in WoW com’ stuff.) so there’s that.

2 Likes

Some of us haven’t always been the best representatives for our cause, that’s certainly true. I think parts of that, though, has to do with frustration. Not necessarily from not having the one race they desire to play the most, as much as from the sheer mockery and taunting, that was especially espoused by the “the Horde is there for you” comment by Hazzikostas. I’m not excusing their behaviour, of course. Besides, there have been, let’s say tendencies, towards entitlement. Like “We want them, so we’re owed them” and similar attitudes, which also don’t make people more sympathetic to our movement.

All in all, though, most people (in the high elf movement) just really, really wish for playable high elves.

2 Likes

I am until the day we get them then i’ll main my High elven Paladin with An Argent Crusade tabard or with The Lightbringer tabard And with the Hilt quest item sword.

2 Likes

Bit of trivia here, assuming you are talking about Quel’dalar, Lady Liadrin is the actual canonical wielder of it.

Still, I’m sure there are plenty of swords that look -like- it, I mean Brigante doesn’t actually own Thas’dorah :smiley:

1 Like

Well as long as she serves the lich queen she’ll only wield the corrupted one.

1 Like

There isn’t a Lich Queen, and I think you might be confusing it with the Ashbringer? There isn’t a corrupt Quel’dalar.

1 Like

Well it’s just my opinion she’s serving darkness yet she claims darkness cannot abide within The Light.

1 Like

Exactly this. Frustration, mockery and, may I add, repetition of arguments.

night elves, blood elves, void elves, nightbourne… do we need another elf off-shoot?

besides, aren’t all of them (not sure about night elves) off shoots of high elves anyway?

1 Like

No they are not, sry but I can see why you do not get, why we want them, when you don’t know nearly anything about the topic.

I wonder why this applies only to elves? There are already three playable human races and NPCs os those uses the same model for most of the time, while Night elven and Thalassian model are at least different enough.

On top of this it is always strange to see someone, who presumably has elven main on forum, complaining about elves.

1 Like

blood elves are. and void elves are blood elves who’ve gone emo.

i was wrong about nightbourne though, with them being off shoots of night elves.

But that is kind of the most basic stuff to know.

btw Nightborne have more in common with Blood elves (+ High/Void elves and Shen’dralar = “modern” Highborne), since they come from the same upper caste of Night elves - Highborne.

1 Like

There are four playable human types - Stormwind humans, Gilneas humans (worgen), Kul Tirans, and forsaken (undead humans). There are four elven types playable, two dwarves, two trolls, two orcs, two tauren, two draenei, two factions of pandaren, and the rest, I believe have only one type. People do suspect another variant of gnomes coming up. I can see that some might feel there’s a bit much of elves (and humans). For years, elves and humans were the only ones who had more than one type represented as playable. But it also depends on how you categorise the races and playable groups in WoW.

Humans and forsaken are rarely considered the same race, yet they are (especially as long as other forsaken races aren’t playable). Night elves and blood elves have vastly different appearances and cultures. The only things they truly have in common are ears (which they sort of share with trolls, and that aren’t THAT different from the goblins’ either) and the name “elf”.

You can also see it like this: We have two fully human groups (SW and KT), and one undead group, and one kind of worgen. We have two night elfy groups (NE and NB), and two Thalassian groups (blood elves and void elves). Still, that would make high elves a third Thalassian group. That’s still quite a lot, compared to other races.

Some of us clearly really want one. High elves have been the most requested playable race throughout the history of this game. Do we need them? Maybe not. Would they be highly (badum-tss) popular, bring players back, and please a large player base? Evidence seems to point that way.

2 Likes

Hey guys!

Have you read this post opened yesterday in the US forums?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-true-high-elf-solution/78991/15

To sum up, they discuss the possibility of reuniting the High Elves and Blood Elves and making it a neutral race (à la Pandaren). So (some) people are now debating which Alliance race could go neutral in exchange.

I honestly think this is not a bad idea at all, as long as the story is good, and that the race (name it High Elves, name it Blood Elves) includes the High Elves we’ve been talking about throughout the entire thread.

It would also offer interesting plot twists.