Questing with Friends from Different Covenants

I usually play with my girlfriend, and we try to do as many game activities as we can together, including questing. However, we liked and ended up choosing different covenants, Kyrian for her and Venthyr for me, and obviously, we both feel that we should complete our own separate covenant campaigns, all 9 chapters of them.

Is anybody else in a similar situation? How do you guys handle it when questing with friends from different covenants? In older expansions, we could pick and choose whichever quests we wanted, so we could play rather flexibly, individually or together, at our own leisure, and frankly, we loved that.

Legion class halls were the same.

It’s just a few quests. You can do the dungeon ones together to help eachother with those. I’m sure some time apart won’t kill you :rofl:

1 Like

It depends what you value more…

Playing one questchain together or choosing the Covenant you want.

You can play together in the entire rest of the game, I think you can survive separating for a quest chain.

@Tifa, @Bregastor: Yeah, it’s not a big deal. I’m a bit tired of doing covenant campaigns for every alt and now also once more with her alts, is all. Maybe I should try to convince her to play BC instead of retail :rofl:.

Solution:

Find a girlfriend that is Venthyr.

3 Likes

“Must have a preference for nighttime activities and a taste for peculiar red liquids”.

3 Likes

Im sure playing video game separately for 2-3 hours each patch wont kill you

The only way round is if you levelled characters in sets of two where you always had them in the same covenant. Otherwise you just have to cope with separating for storyline quests.

I’m not a fan that I can’t do everything on my main and now have to run four paladins through the four covenants.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you who gave (useful) answers, or at least funny. Special thanks to Serena for her/his interesting proposition. Send a picture of sexy leg, preferably shaved, and I might reconsider.

Just wanted to make sure there was no way around it. Felt weird they would design it this way, being the game an MMO and supposed to be played with friends.

I’ll just help her do her campaign, which is fine.

Although, naturally, if I must be perfectly honest, I might not be exactly looking forward to doing all 9 chapters of Kyrian questing for the 3rd time in a row without any reward or progress for my character, and Venthyr afterwards, for the 2nd time.

But I guess having ebola and chronic pancreatic cancer at the same time, along with a third deformed foot, would be slightly worse and last a bit longer, so no it’s really no big deal.

I can always electroshock my nipples in the meantime, for extra fun.

Thanks, guys. Have a good one!

1 Like

Hey, you know it’s okay to spend a little bit of time apart. In fact, it’s quite healthy to not live inside each others pockets. It makes the times you are together more… special :slight_smile:

:grin:
Appreciate the advice!

I mean. Just do those activities separately.

But yeh, there really isn’t anywhere near enough Story driven content (which isn’t tied to Covenants), in this expansion.

People complained in BFA that there were too many back stories. But at least there was something to be going out and doing if you didn’t want to Raid or M+.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.