Question concerning non-rp players

Yeah, that’s the thing. You have the kind of person who:

1. Used to RP, but on a break (might even be unsure of when to return)
  2. RPs very rarely
  3. Does not currently RP, but is respectful of it, and might one day go for it when they are so inclined

And I think all these categories of people can absolutely justify being on this realm. There’s no RP quota being enforced. When people rail against OOCers, it’s generally more the people who have zero interest in and respect for it - the people who grief events, troll or just come here for the ‘community’ even though they intend to only leech from rather than contribute to said community.

12 Likes

To be honest, I doubt even PvP and PvE players want these type of people. If someone is toxic, they should be booted from the game.

My observation in the general forums (oof) is that many PvE players don’t really appreciate toxicity. And that there are only a few realms filled with incredible toxic people such as Silvermoon, Tarren Mill (That nelfbearpig has an alt on, curious :eyes:) and probably Kazzak.

Sometimes I do think that people trolling roleplayers were practically booted off their old realm for their behavior by the community itself. And then they come here to… do the same again?

Why are people like this kept in the game again? Oh right, money.

1 Like

I’ve seen mixed attitudes on the forums. Some are in favor of letting non-roleplayers stay, some are neutral on the subject and others would like to throw them out of the server.

I think making a difference between griefers and players who don’t RP but don’t disrupt it either should be an important one to make.

3 Likes

There is also a very important distinction between those who are aware this is an RP realm and while they are not currently RPing themselves they one day might, and the ones who - while not actively toxic - just see this as another PvE server and behave accordingly, not really caring for the RP people beyond commenting how good the ‘community’ is on reddit.

The categories might seem similar but I think only the former can justifiably belong here. You should only go on AD if it provides you in particular something the other realms would not.

4 Likes

As long as they don’t disrupt role-play they are fine, imo.

I figured you’d differentiate them - and I can even see why (ie. one is less likely to pay attention to where his/her mount is parked).

I can see why some roleplayers are more wary when it comes to these people, yet I believe they also belong to AD (if they choose to join the server) and they are justified in staying here. They can even contribute to the server’s positive atmosphere while not being roleplayers themselves and having no intention to RP.

I don’t share this mentality and can’t be sympathetic with it. I don’t think people like AD’s atmosphere just because of roleplayers and I don’t think the decision has to be RP-centric. Role-play is an activity that you can choose (or not) to engage once you’re part of the realm. There should be no obligation to do so, and absolutely no judgement if you don’t want to. Imo, the idea that you have to be a potential asset for role play or else “get out” stinks of policing, and might damages the server’s spontaneity and spirit in the future.

1 Like

Currrently mister Elfbearpig is malding so he decided to park his mount on top of others. He’s currently at it on an alt. Even left his guild on said character to not draw suspicion.

https://i.imgur.com/OvvtrFz.png

Feel free to report him for cheating, in case you are online right now. :slight_smile:

This is the type of people we certainly do not need.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t say so. I often hear from people who don’t roleplay that they come to AD specifically for the roleplay atmosphere. They like to watch RP and to them it makes the world seem alive. It’d always be better if they’d begin to contribute to it, though. More roleplayers = healthier roleplay community, after all.

The amount of trolling in hubs is fairly low, luckily.

3 Likes

Tbh a good bunch of the players who say these things were cornered in the forums by RPers telling them to leave the server if they didn’t have a specific reason to stay. They will come up with a conciliatory solution: it praises RPers and gives them a reason to stay.

Are you serious or trolling?

I can’t tell.

1. People have said this for more than 10 years.
  2. Many of these people don’t read the AD forums.
1 Like

Sometimes players take the “RP community” too seriously on the forums and they end up painting a glorified image of it in these discussions.

I also think forums have often rallied against certain players en masse, and when these people don’t tolerate conflicts they’ll first find conciliatory solutions.

Why are these two things so hard to believe?

Because it’s nonsense that you made up on the spot.

1 Like

Not really. You’re not good at making sense of disagreements, are you.

So, you’re honestly trying to push the idea that OOC players are afraid of the roleplayers who post on the AD forums, and therefore begin to praise RP on the forums and ingame because they fear… uh… made up repercussions?

Go to bed.

I think most OOC players, like most RPers, don’t really look at the forum much tbh - or even moreso.

3 Likes

I never said they are afraid? My point is to tear down the vibes of people going: “oh, without us the PvE community of AD wouldn’t be the same, we are the true community of the server”. I don’t think this is the case - I believe the RP community is indeed splendid under many aspects, yet its not a driving factor in the server’s PVE/PVP mentality (though it surely did help to shape it years ago).

Edit.

Or because they want to score a point - the questions are often formulated to nudge players towards a specific direction - what are you doing on an RP server if you don’t like RP? = are you an enemy?
And they will unsurprisingly end up answering something around the likes of: oh, but I like RPers, see, I’m not an enemy!

It’s interesting how you attack me judging my ~supposed~ intentions because my reading of other people’s intentions doesn’t align with yours.

2 Likes

Not sure why you’re engaging the MovieBob of Argent Dawn tbh, it’s always the same until his 7 am bbq appointment in these forum topics

1 Like

I could point out the irony of writing that comment (indirectly engaging with me) at this hour of the night? Sounds like someone is very lonely there.

Atleast I invited to BBQs :relaxed:

Want to see my concern for AD?

https://gyazo.com/4ccbc37187993087ab8aa21df8833ec1

Is he still at it?

1 Like

Krar took the player out a few times and seems to have stopped. The player has either a friend or another account with a druid ressing him. But both of them have buggered off for now.