Question to all Demo locks

I love the spec and Demo L.S.D. was one of the most fun comps I played on Ele. Do you think that change making all your demons hit your main demon (Felguard for example) target is huge actually? Until 9.0.5 demons hit the target they were casted on so if you casted Hand of Gul’dan on 1 person Imps will only hit that person. If you casted Dreadstalkers they hit the same target. What do you think? Would it actually make Demonology pressure a thing?

Also in 9.0.5 they are about to fix versatility PvP trinket bonus so 40% more damage from vers will affect all pets (demons in this case).

What do you think? Is there any hope for Ele/Demo/R Druid to be back?

i think L.S.D is already a thing, but with a demo lock? i dont think you can kill anything, since the pet can be easily killed,tyrant kited,etc

maybe im wrong tho and it is actually worth a try

It’s definitely worth a shot, lots of nice changes coming to Demo. Don’t think it will be close to top though.

I’ll be honest the argument that demo pets die is not really valid, right now in my current gear 208 ilvl most in 215 ilvl meta classes struggle to kill my felguard without focusing it, this is mainly due to fel commando conduit which makes demos main pet substantially tougher than normal pets.

I’m not saying it cant be killed but no one kills it via passive damage like they do hunter pets right now which is pretty huge deal. If they focus your pet that hard chances are you will get to summon another by backing off and letting them waste time (I’m talking mostly from 2s pov)

The issue demo has being viable is

1. Tyrant being dumb and easy to avoid, right now he will happily shoot into paladin bubble and feels kinda worthless to rely on. Any class that has insane mobility on pillars pose issues too

2. Your damage in demon bolt build kinda chunks but it just isn’t enough to kill unless you have managed to grind someone pretty heavily

Demo with enough damage to score kills would be nice, my games I find I’m WAAAY more durable and harder to kill, in fact my healer in 2s flops way before me 99% of the time and getting my wall takes a lot more effort but the game will always go into heavy dampening before win can happen most of the time (unless they stand in tyrant with all cds)

If demo became viable I’d assume it would be a 2s spec , mostly due to it being more able to stun while CCed and basically having a kit that covers some issues affliction/destro struggle with better without another dps, they just lack damage right now (reliable damage) not tools

My noob opinion is that only reworking their burst aka tyrant can save them.

This will help switching targets ofc and its probably more like pve thing.

From my experience in other games. Such changes that are “small” on paper are usually the most significant.

Sure maybe its significant idk

if you think about it…

Dreadstalkers having little duration so its not very useful them changing target, imps tickle…

It can be useful with tyrant so maybe you are right to some extent. You pop tyrant and dude bubble los whatever so you change target with your fel guard and tyrant too…ofc idk if it works with tyrant.

The biggest buff to demo pvp imho is actually the leggo banespider molten core going from 8% to 15% per stack added damage to demonbolt. Granted this will only truly be a build for necrolord demo mains but with the decimating bolt ability, power siphon and from the shadows debuff on dread stalkers that’s a lot of ramp up into a powerful demonbolt.

Maybe I’m wrong but +100% plus 30% base damage and +20% shadowflame with a potential 60% ramp from leggo (and more if you are willing to ditch tyrant boosting with demonic consumption for sacrifice souls) . Their could be potential for a bolt build for demo that ramps and stacks its burst into a decimating bolt + demonbolt combo to execute

Interesting. What is MS effect of Fel Guard though?

Demo l s d in legion was insane cause of

Fellord + Vortex + earth shock stun

10% the last time i checked

Demo will never be good except if our pets actually do dmg like ww monk but actually you summon an army doing 0dmg with crap ai while xuen and image tunnel their target 24/7 and k ows how to jump from bridge or stairs.

10% in PvP to be correct.

Demo has great amount of issues on every level of its design.
Yes, in 9.0.5 we finaly will be able to control almost all non main/prime demons, but there is still lingering issues that we have problems in our talents, damage profile, design and contraditcions within our toolkit.

• Tyrant himself are deadweight for most parts, his damage without demonic consumption is extremely low, in my gear it is 7-9k damage over 15 seconds of his lifespan, it is extremely low - it is litteraly 2 aimed shots from hunter or hits from pala.
  • Tyrant is castable, it is an issues of itself, no other “burst” pet in the game has cast time, apart from tyrant. Infernal, darkglare, abomination, xuen all these pets are insta cast - but tyrant isn’t.
  • Tyrant requires from warlock some ramp up, it easily to predict and counter.
  • Fel lord is broken, he litteraly has only 11k HP and since legion his damage was capped at 5% of enemy player HP, with increase of versa and armor in 9.1 his damage will be barely noticeable
    • Fel lord with his low HP pool doesn’t have avoidance passive, and recent changes to pets tha they recieve 20% less damage in PvP doesn’t apply to Fel lord.
  • We still need to pick interrupt via one slot of PvP talents.
  • We have major contradiction within our toolkit - We have felguard speciefic conduit, while PvP talents suggest that you can play with Succubus with Pleasure trough pain talent, or imp with “singe magic” pvp talent. And if Felguard speciefic regular talents could be easy to avoid, conduit is not easy to replace because it is require us to be in covenant HQ. This conduit should be changed to work with any main/prime demon, it won’t disturb any PvE balance at all, and finaly made demo more flexible in its gameplay.

I agree on the fel commando conduit , it basically forces you to roll two different soul binds for demo alone being heavily suboptimal (losing a conduit is pretty heavy tax yo just run with) or to suck up and use felguard regardless of the pvp talents

It’s a pretty awkward spec right now which has some builds only optimal in one covenant while being lack luster to the other two. You would only play necrolord if you was committed demonology due to the on use effect having a larger value to demo than the others and even then its only to make a bolt build feel significant.

I dunno I feel like demo has potential with upcoming buffs but I think its potential will be capped at being good at 2V2 at most where having a physical aspect to there damage and CC profile gives some counter play to comps that affliction destro just have to try work around

demo need a pvp talent - Demon form that replaces stupid tyrant.
Demon form - U become a demon for 20 sec, while in demon form, hand of guldan is instant cast and doesn’t summons imps, instead increasing ur damage per soulshard spent during the form.
or make tyrant be like xuen, immune to crowd controls and jumps/teleports to the target

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.