Question to raiders and M+ players

Is Affliction actually good in PvE content because in PvP it’s garbage for the second expansion in a row and I’m trying to find a reason why it’s a thing.

It’s solid in M+. You can play it for Fortified weeks. I would suggest Destruction for Tyranical weeks though. ST for Affliction is a bit meh.

As for raid, checking the data from logs, it seems its below both Destruction and Demonology. Not many council fights and significant nerf to ST damage are the cause of this unfortunately. For raids too I suggest Destruction.

I had a couple of keys with affli locks this week, and they were pumping. They also seemed to have an amazing time, and enjoyed it too, so woohoo!

Does affliction have any survivability problems?

if u play with darkpact you survive much easier , any other content then m + i cannot suggest with aff Soe the seeds with NF lego realy pumps trashpacks

Why would it? Seems like a very weird question. Locks are generally pretty tanky o_O

Yeah, affliction is pretty strong in m+. Watching guys like Sjele makes me think they might nerf affliction for how good it is lol.

Because it’s the most fragile spec in PvP. I’m making research about other content why it is like that for 2nd expansion in a row.

the good survival from pve doesnt translate in pvp , pvp meta is currently almost only melee as long as you dont sign up as tank in m+ the survival of lock is good in pve

That only meele things is not true. Casters like Ele, Shadow, Destruction and Fire Mage are very strong right now but enough offtopic.

Can you post M+ and Raid telent builds so can try to figure out what is mainly different?

In fact, amongst casters, Warlocks are the most squashy class. Only Demo is comparable to other casters in terms of tankiness due to Soul Link but survivality tied to pet is a big issue in PvP. Felguard is nowhere near tanky as VW.

1 Like

Felguard is a dps pet that can tank but the real tank pet for lock is still the VW.

Top dps on SoD raid is Affl. Check warlogs and you will see. On second week of mythic actually tops most of the fights. Other two specs - demo and destro are also viable. Destro is fallling a bit apart since other classes get more and more gear. Honestly, I would go Affl/Demo.

Dude how hard is it to interpret logs?

If you think just opening statistics and looking at the all bosses all percentile tabs will give you an actual power ranking, you’re going to be as wrong as rolling dice.

warcraftlogs. com/zone/statistics/28# metric=dps&dataset=95&class=DPS

What I am talking about is what spec played correctly will perform the best. Every week things change as more and more gear is presented. BIS stuff goes up. This is for the second week, for 95% performers.

For AOE fights Affl will be just very good. For rest ST demo will shine. I am going to try it with warlock and will know from personal experience. If you talk about boss statistics, then only demo is shinning since other two are kind of mediocre. Both find place and both are viable. However, they are not top of the top every boss as it was in CN.

But now they are kind of viable in m+. Again not that well presented in top 100, but at least I can see 5/6 warlocks in top 50 m+. Wow, actually happened. It is kind of good balance. Anyway, haven’t played this dying game since was travelling now just started.

[(77) Mythic Remnant of Ner’zhul | Affliction Warlock pov - YouTube]youtube. com/watch?v=AKcyU8E3oMc

Again, I wont go mythic probably to comment further - done with that waste of time. i can earn thousands of francs for that time. But for heroic will let you know.

You really need to learn how to read data.

Aff has a very small pool sample, this is the first red flag you are skipping. Second, the current available sample size is from all top guilds.

This is like saying “Oh look, there is a guy in 2v2 ladder in top 100, that must mean Aff Lock is just slaying it!” where in fact its not.

Don’t show top 1-5% and say THIS is it. I kind of cringed while reading your comment.

I am saying that is getting an increase in the second week. If you cringe when you read my comments then do not. I never ask some random guy to read them. Just showed that kills start popping up. I just watched some new videos and the spec is kind of fun and performs. That’s all.

I saw that parses are 1080. In the original kills, the other two specs were dominant. Now they start playing affliction overall in raids, m+ and so on. And it does very well. Even Kalamazi started uploading videos with Affl kills.

And let’s face it, destro is kind of boring. Cmon - two-button spec. I can barely see what kind of fun people can have with it.

By the way, they killed Sylv for one week? Something is wrong with that game - my friends got keystone master for 3 - 5 days - max week…

Guys, I just want overall thoughts not detailed information over performance. Thank you for all your input but can you stop arguing?

TL;DR is unless you are a chad in a top guild that knows the ins and outs of Aff Lock; don’t play it. Play Destruction.

1 Like

Do you even read logs? Aff tops Soulrender because of AOE padding on the adds. Demo and destru are the top specs for every single fight. There is an aff lock on Remnant, I’d have to look at that one in more detail. At a glance, I’d guess good orb uptime. KT is a good one for aff because of WOC legendary, it’s the only legit encounter for aff to shine without padding or weird shenanigans.

Oh God, you’re one of those people… enough said…

1 Like