Quests explanation

Hello, I’m a new player to wow and currently playing through BFA I wanted to know if there’s a way to know which quests to do to progress through the story, I’m doing random quests and I don’t know which one is which and which one is supposed to progress me throught the main story or not.

Welcome to Azeroth!

You can’t easily tell, in BfA. Sorry. You can look quests up at Wowhead.com and see whether they form part of a sequence, or which story block they belong to, but not in-game.

In Shadowlands, the main sequence mandatory quests are shown with a shield around the exclamation mark, so it is easy to see which is which.

However, in BfA, it probably really doesn’t matter to you which quests are which. That would be important if you were staying in BfA to pursue some of the post-cap quest chains, or to earn flying there, but as a new player today you will be heading off to Shadowlands as soon as you hit 60, so completing the story chains is not required.

I can say that the next thing the devs expect you to do will always be shown at the top of your Quest Log, so if you are following that, you must be on the right track. However, it really doesn’t matter that much, since all you require is to get the experience (XP) mecessary to raise you to level 60, from any set of quests or kills at all.

I;m sorry this isn’t a satisfactory answer for your expectations. If you want to ask any follow-up questions, please do!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.