Queue time explaination

Hi,

While being stuck in a is boring it is part of a launch. I was just wondering if we could have a more in-depth, technical explanation as to why the log-in server cant process more than 1-2 people (at the most) per second? to most of us it seems as though stone-age technology is being implemented.

Best Regards

1 Like

Unless I’m wrong, the queue you see is not a queue at login server, it’s just a queue to enter a realm.

All WoW Realms have a player limit, that is set for different reasons.

This means that if, for example, the realm have a limit of 15.000 players, when there’s 15.000 players online in that realm, the next player that will try to enter the realm will be placed in the queue, until one of those 15.000 go offline.

Also they don’t raise the realm cap for the following reason:

Source: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/overcrowded-realm-update/70777

1 Like

Translation: “Explain to me why your servers cannot break the laws of physics!”

Simple, There are so many people wanting to log in, that the servers are FULL, so you have to wait for someone to log out and free up a player slot, before someone else can log in.

And theres no way in high heaven that Blizzard will give a technical indepth explanation of their server workings, because thats commercially sensitive information.

People keep quoting that. but they keep leaving out the next part.

“Please also note that our realm population estimates of Low, Medium, High, and Full are based on this increased capacity – a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.”

They DID increase realm cap, but they are not gonna increase it any further, because…