Quick rotation question

Hello guys,

as I use 3xAce Up Your Sleeve, 1xKeep Your Wits About You and 1xDeadshot (and 1xBlightborne Infusion), it got me thinking:

Pistol Shot can be buffed by Opportunity procs (baseline), Quick Draw (talent) and Deadshot (azerite)… so do you only use it if all 3 are active? More precisely: Do you always use Pistol Shot after Between The Eyes? Or do you wait for the Opportunity proc as well?

In AoE its no question because - due to Keep Your Wits About You - in 1-3 GCDs after Between The Eyes, you get an Opportunity proc. But on single target I may have Between The Eyes up again without getting an Opportunity proc. So in this case should I still delay Pistol Shot? Or - in the worst case scenario - delay it only as much so it is the last combo builder before Between The Eyes? (So I at least consume my Deadshot buff and get a new one with the next Between The Eyes.)

Currently I only use Pistol Shot if I have both Deadshot buff and Opportunity proc - even on single target…

Is this some sort of outlaw thread i am too asassain to understand?

1 Like

Ok, lets simplify stuff a little:

TL;DR: I know the priorities by which I should spend my Opportunity procs, but I dont know the priorities by which I should spend my Deadshot procs.

When on ST and when AoEing you use Opportunity procs as they come while below 14 stacks of Keep Your Wits About You. When at or above 14 stacks, you only use Opportunity procs if you also have Deadshot buff.

My question is:

Should I consume Deadshot buffs even without Opportunity procs or should I wait until both are up? Does that change depending on single target, AoE and Keep Your Wits About You stacks?

In the following build you don’t use pistol shot, period.
https://raider.io/characters/eu/howling-fjord/%D0%9B%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BA%D1%8A%D1%8E#season=season-bfa-3
If we will not take into accout such extreme cases, you should use pistol shot ONLY with opportunity proc.
Two notable exceptions are:

1. You have another Between the eyes ready + 3-4 combopoints + deadshot’s proc.
  2. Your energy is capped and u can’t use sinister strike (not in the range to hit).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.