R.I.O is STILL a Wall infront of players

No its not hard. Afterall this content is meant for premade groups anyway.

1.) push own key
2.) socialize /add skilled/relaxed people to bnet
3.) ask your guild

it is and will always be the same it doesnt even matter if arena,rbg,m+,raids.

3 simple steps

my friend started playing again 2days ago and has a +10 in his bag on his WW with 400ilvl after 3-4 m+ in total.

purely pugged because he just did his own key.

so u want to tell that u want spot in front to ppl which are doing m+ 24/7 and looking just to do weekly and probably u dont care about timer , well that will not happen
edit:also to add lot of guilds looking for members , but if u just look to do only 1 per week when u want and nothing to help other ppl that will not happen

personaly I do not care if I get declined to a group or not, but what is annoying is seeing people saying checking rio when they make groups, if they would leave that part out, anyone could apply to that group and the leader could choose, offcourse buy doing that way more would que up and it could be hard to find who is good or not, but that is what people are mostly annoyed about, that people state they check rio.
I do not realy care my self, I seldom join groups anyways, and have no real need for it, and I avoid rio groups becuse my rio is not high enough anyways.

how can someone get annoyed because someone writes ā€œchecking rioā€ in description?

I mean my group my rules how does it affect anyone in this world?

It implies very toxic elitist people, who i personally avoid. I donā€™t care how good you are if you behave in a bad way. I had very fun m+ dungeons with 0 skilled bad players, and very nasty ones with imba elitist big mouths.

Rio is a score that can easily be manipulated. Often only the Weeks Best Time will count, which benefits people with lots of time. Then thereā€™s how you can get a good rio score on easy weeks and still be utterly clueless on how to deal with things on challenging weeks.

I once had a player complain to me that I split the first two bosses in ToS since he was unable to do cleave damage. In addition this was on a Tyrannical week. He had a rio of around 1200. Iā€™ve had players with high rio scores open up on the pull with AoE on mixed packs of elites and non-elites when it was Bolstering or people doing way uneven damage to a mob so the others get Bolstered.

On weeks with bad keywords that are essentially for the DPS to deal with I go damage since then I know thereā€™s a least one person who knows how the Affixes work.

Iā€™ve zero faith in rio being an accurate assesment. Itā€™s only a guideline and youā€™re still taking massive chance only from a smaller pool of people since it has already been reduced.

1 Like

how is a description: ā€œchecking rioā€ behaving in a bad way or elitist?

And whats the point of your second part? Of course this exists but its more likely to have a good and fun m+ run with people who have experience than people without. makes total sense no? that on average people who already know the dungeon an its difficulties do better than someone who has never done it?
havent met a single elitist with big mouth yet in bfa m+ it was always nice people but when for you already ā€œchecking rioā€ is considered elitist/Toxic then probably everything is :wink:

my post probably too then

I donā€™t even know waht RIO is. Is that raid score? I donā€™t do endgame content yet so Iā€™m a little unsure what the hell it is

Except often theyā€™ve no idea how the tactics are for bosses since theyā€™ve done them when they were easy, which is where you should check for what things bosses do since failing can be saved.

An example, youā€™ve no idea of the quantity of players with high rio scores that have no idea that you can jump the edge of Static Shock in the first boss in ToS and avoid all the damage.

Rio, or raider.oi, is a performance monitoring website that assigns you a score for M+ based on how your good your performance is, e. i. if you time the key and get the Weekā€™s Best time.

You know what ? Most Pro-RaiderIO are people who worked really hard to update their score. I know that, because i was like them in Legion.

I started with 0 score, and get declined everywhere. So i make a hard tryhard to get good RIO score with my guildmates and pugs. First at Druid Feral, and then i hit the ā€œclass-spec wallā€ when even if you are good enough, your class or spec isnā€™t worth. So i made a second Druid, to play Restau in parallel.

Proof :

FDruid (7.3.0) : https://raider.io/characters/eu/ysondre/Grabugee#season=season-7.3.0

FDruid (7.3.2) : https://raider.io/characters/eu/ysondre/Grabugee#season=season-7.3.2

RDruid (7.3.2) : https://raider.io/characters/eu/tarren-mill/Kemsize#season=season-7.3.2

After that, i was the same jerk like most people are in Retail. I spended time to tryhard and do high-keys, so YOU have to spend the same time or i will donā€™t play with you.

You donā€™t have my score ? Sure, i cancel you. You have low score ? You are plebe. Even for a simple 10 i checked RIO, when i was doing 19/20/21/22 keys without trouble.

But at the end, i regret. This is the most toxic behavior you can have and this is the reason why the game is full of toxic player. Because now, RIO is mainstream and i participated to that.

Itā€™s exactly like the PvP Arena System when you cancel newbies because you donā€™t want to waste time with them, even if you are a sh** player. For high-keys, ok. For low-keys / mid-keys, nope please. If you want timed keys, donā€™t pug, thatā€™s my best advice. But donā€™t be that man ā€¦ who cancel people for a 10.

The irony is in BFA now :slight_smile: . I was doing tryhard the first month of release, get Rank #1 of my server as DH DPS, and then quit because the dungeon was frankly badly designed and not worth to run over and over (i miss Karazhan and CoS ā€¦).

And after 8.2 i rejoined the game to try again and see if the state of BFA changed, so i had 0 score because score is reset between every season you know (only the past season score is show so for this time itā€™s 8.1 and i was not playing).

I spend more time afkā€™ing Zulā€™dazar, searching a group over and over for hours, than really playing. And when some people get me in their groups, i was better than +20 ilvl player with mid-score due to my experience.

3 Likes

I do the same as well, I donā€™t expect to get an inv to a +10, when I only did a few 3ā€™s, 6 or something. On my main, in BfA and Legion, I worked my way up, doing +2ā€™s 3ā€™s and worked my way up, literally doing every dungeon out there.

I do the same on my main and main alt in BfA, this is an alt, atm I have 2 active alts, on those I just do what pops up, and whatever I get invited to, Iā€™ll do.

I would even feel stupid if e.g. Iā€™d do a +10, and have no idea what to do. The downside about IO score is that people even get ultra high scores for low keys, but in general, I dont see a lot of problems these. But yeah, I also work hard on those characters. I would say though, S2 shouldnā€™t be completely taken out of the picture, if you worked hard in that season, shouldnā€™t mean, you need to start with +2ā€™s again and work up.

You always get more points for a higher key done (in time) :thinking:

I know, what I meant wasā€¦that you see keys where people want over overrrrr geared/IOā€™d people for a +2-5, baically making it impossible for people who just start, to participate in those.

Sure, I know the reply to that is do your own key.

Ah right, yes :frowning:

RIo is also there for getting people in who have already the experience. It is not for progressing to higher keys (since you do not have the experience yet). If you want to get higher you need a guild/community. From +10ā€™s you also need a meta class while pugging. With friends it is so much better.

1 Like

Agree there, I do play with friends mostly.

1 Like

its chine wall

im tired of reading this.

Start your own Group, run your own Keys, make your own rules or get a part of a M+ Community or something.

Iā€™ve never got any Problems cause my raider_.io is low. And iā€™m playing 5 characters, so no one got high raider_.io score.

I agree here.

Iā€™m mostly a weekly raider with mythic+ on the offside. Therefore, I have a staggeringly low raider io score across the board. However, that only speaks of my experience to pugs numerically.

Fortunately, even with my incoming busy schedule, the communities and friends iā€™ve joined it ensures I wonā€™t miss much beyond the slightest of hitches.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.