Raid Adjustments Discussion

TL;DR:

1. Don’t nerf previous raid content until next phase is imminent.
  2. Don’t nerf 5mans, they get nerfed by gear “naturally”, unlike kill or rep based attunements, they do not block progression, let small groups have something fun to do, trivial = boring, boring = accelerated turnover.

I know a bunch of guilds that are celebrating their first A’lar, Solarian, Morogrim kills.
You do not have to be 10/10 to be having fun with the game, all you need is good company and a sense of adventure.

If your time limits you, find people in similar situation and enjoy the content you can do in that timeframe. You can have fun in your own bracket of progression.

If you think your sub should guarantee that you clear everything and that the challenge should be adjusted to your level of competence or engagement I [a] feel sorry for you when you face trials iRL that don’t bow out of your way [b] there’s other game modes catering to that audience.

Blizzard had the right idea on how to do progressive nerfs in original BC, they lost the script in Wrath when the whole “content patch = new expansion” in terms of player power resets cycle started.
(like skipping Ulduar + hardmodes because 5man + vendor gear in the new patch is better)

2 Likes

This man is doing god’s work literal words of wisdom

Let it (the content) be, Blizzurt!

Fortunately, “Don’t nerf” seems to be the more popular opinion.

Unfortunately, our opinions mean absolutely nothing and the only thing that matters is what the people in the US think.

How in the hell does it take you this long to kill trash in ssc? Or is this both raids combined? Lol.

70-80 each, fixed

1 Like

Get a fresher one - yK86N4FnthCBGrvT - no wipes, 1h17m

Removing the obstacles from a 100m dash with obstacles is literally changing the category. I hope you get my point. If you start the season of 100m dashes with obstacles you can’t just remove the obstacles mid season so the people that can’t jump 1m high aren’t being excluded from the participation trophy.

Parses and speedcleartimes are the only competitive aspect of the raids atm. Like it or not. I personally dont give a f about parses either. But who are you to decide whats irrelevant and what isn’t? Is it only loot? Then why not just skip the raiding all together then and introduce loot boxes?

why need to compete at all?

You seem to do actually from reading your earlier posts.

And who are you to decided whats relevant and not?

Can it not just be for the fun of raiding? and the person you are responding to there literaly just said that parses are irrelevant nothing els and who even cares about trash parses ever? He said that he wanted the trash to be nerfed nothing els so the bosses still wouldnt fall over and die.

1hr17min for 10/10?
Where’s the TK raid?
Also, it’s weird how the logs are 1hr30min but you claim 10/10 in 70 minutes.
I guess I’m just really bad at math but I feel like 1hr30min is more than 1hr10min but you somehow claim to have done 4 more bosses in less time.
:upside_down_face: :thinking:

Please don’t give Activision any ideas…

Introducing the LOOT BOX for WoW! A chance at your Mythic Raid BiS for only 9.99€.
:weary:

1 Like

Trash nerfs would make speedclears up to the nerf irrelevant. Why cant you enjoy the difficutly of the raid as it is right now and as it was intended when tbc was developed?

If we go by how TBC was developed, then these nerfs are going to happen at some point anyway, and speedclears would be made irrelevant anyway. I understand the feel of wanting to have the same “version” of WoW last as long as possible but, depending on when phase 3 is supposed to roll, I don’t think it’d hurt anybody to have the phase 3 nerfs roll 1-2 weeks earlier to give even the lower-tier guilds a chance to attune themselves at least for Hyjal.

Ofc next phase the content should get nerfed - Im just saying dont nerf the content mid phase - and that seems to be consensus anyways

What difference would it make to you if the nerfs were to happen 1-2 weeks before next phase hits? Is your life going to end because you can’t effectively compete for speedrunning for a couple weeks? I don’t have the numbers (neither you have, tbh), but I would venture to guess that a few disgruntled speedrunners are less likely to rescind their subs and quit the game over 1-2 weeks of “lull” than guilds falling behind further and further on progression by being unable to keep up with attunements and whatnot.

1 Like

make them 1-2 weeks before the phase hits to ensure everyone gets to enjoy the next raid on launch (since attunments for Mount Hyjal require to kill KT and Vashj) - fine by me - but dont do it mid phase.

1 Like

That much I can agree with - I’ve just specified that because I’ve seen many people saying “only nerf when next phase starts”, and I doubt Blizz would table this discussion/change if phase 3 wasn’t due somewhat soon - I mean, phase 2 started in mid September so we’re already 2 months in, I’d be surprised if phase 3 didn’t start before the end of the year.

And once again who are you to decide whats relevant and not? We are playing with talent tress that werent in the game from the beggining of tbc ether

people have put a tremendous amount of time and effort into theorycrafting and practicing to speedclear the raid as it is. It would be incredible disrespectful to pull the rug under their feet and nerf it now effectively starting a new phase. Same with parses btw but that only applies to bosses. Why do you want to destroy the hardwork and effort of these guilds just because you want your participation trophy?

Have I ever said I want the nerfs? not as far as I know I just find it intressting that you are telling people to not say what relevant or not and then you are doing the same thing. And no it wont make any difference to them seeing as it will make their rankings permanent instead noone can come in at the end of the phase and destroy their record with more practice and gear