Raid Boss life

Hello Everyone.

I wanted to ask you what’s your opinion, about what’s like being a Raid boss.

I think it’s a pretty depressive one.
Getting raided and looted every single time.
I don’t know why but I imagine them waking up all beaten up, naked, on their underwear, after getting everything stolen by the players.

Another day comes after he get his stuff back and … he gets raided again.

My time foil hat theory thinks that’s why Garrosh was made a raid boss but Jaina managed to flee from the Horde raid in the end and Sylvanas wasn’t turned in to a Raid boss.

We had this experience in Legion, when we were playing Illidan story quest.
Being the raid boss of the Black Temple.
However they didn’t add the part, he got looted, which was also part of the raid, events.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Is this some sort of sympathy for Nzoth?
Have you checked your forehead for a signs of an orange eye recently, man?

P.S. don’t want to imagine Nzoth in the underwear :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Actually this idea came from a discussion I had with another player, in the story forum.

He stated, he would be the next Warchief of the Horde. He hated the council idea.
I replied saying that could be a bad idea.
Being raided and looted, I imagine is not a very pleasant feeling.

Cheers.

Luckily NPCs do it for us. But you can experience the feeling by dying in rated BG, deleting your gear and restoring it next day :+1:t5:

Ok.
Let me put it this way:
What would be your reaction after beating the game, if your character would become a raid boss ?

I meant as a joke.
It seems I gave the wrong idea on the topic.

Cheers.

ah humour.

I think the most difficult part is that you always have to hold yourself back, unless a mythic raid is scheduled.

Imagine being N’zoth or Argus and having to dance around in LFR, knowing that you could smack these small flies away with one blow, but your contract doesn’t allow you to do that.

1 Like

You aren’t supposed to beat MMO hehe
I would not like to be a loot pinata for filthy tryhards

1 Like

In Illadan fight what did you killed 1st?

I killed healers. I didnt touched Jonny afk.

1 Like

i think raid bosses must be thinking that they are surrounded by incompetent people and they are the only creature with functional brain in azeroth. I mean they have this huge army of people to defend them (easyly more than a thounsand), they build a massive master plan, they got top tier enemies in their raids and only 20 to 30 peasants that they never heard of come along to stop everything and anyone with barely to no efford.

1 Like

A few years ago I was concepting this kind of idea for a game where the player is a raid boss. The intro to the game was that you are a raid boss who gets defeated again and again and again… Losing all your stuff to those goodly heroes, never get any respect until one day, after getting beaten up for the billionth time you stand up and say, “Enough! No more!” :angry:

Then you start building your dungeon, first some minor traps and tweaks and surprises to those heroes who are all so familiar of your lair’s layout to finally, some day become unbeatable.

Then I realized that we have games like this already, Dungeon Keeper 2 and Dungeons 3. Awesome games both of them :smiley:

1 Like

this is basicly how i imagined it always

1 Like

a mythic raid is just as insignificant as a lfr one, both raids have someone yelling obscenities, a fool saying prayers in the back or throwing leafs/water and a couple of meanies stabbing, slicing and throwing spells

one just hurts a tad bit more but could be wiped just as easily if the boss really tried

#hardlife

1 Like

He died first for me, then the healers

1 Like

#subsidized pension fund for raid bosses

1 Like

The Illidan questline in Legion actually made you play as a raid boss at one point. It was quite amusing.

2 Likes

I would :flushed:
Dont judge me!

3 Likes

Raid was cheating, though.

I did that quest on an 120 char and like many things in BfA, it bugged out, so I’d play an invisible version of myself on the ground during the air phase.

So, the entire raid got wiped with a stray AoE of mine. But they kept standing up over and over again until the next phase was eventually triggered and I’d be put back into the Illidan vehicle.

1 Like

Guild checks out top kek

1 Like

“Father… is it over?”

“No, my son. There’s a reset coming this Wednesday.”

1 Like