Raid Tanking

Hi guys!

I’m a very casual player as I’m sure you’ll be able to tell and I would like some advice in regards to raid (LFR mainly) tanking. I’m managing mythic dungeon runs just fine most of the time, even though I’m still not overly experienced in them.

I quite fancy dipping into raids but find them a bit intimidating from a tank’s perspective. I’ve done a couple of bosses as a DPS / healer and it was fun / fine, but tanking seems quite a bit more complex and complicated to me.

I know people say that LFR is very easy, which is also one of the reasons why I’d want to start there, but when I look at the tactics on YT it just looks quite complicated and I don’t want to wipe 24 other people if I trip up with the tactics.

My question to you good people is, am I overthinking it and I should just queue and go for it? Any constructive input is appreciated.

If you have an experienced tank friend, queue together with them. They can instruct you in real time and hopefully cover for your mistakes.

Don’t worry, it won’t be long before half the bosses are reduced to waiting for your turn to taunt.

Hi Slasherx!

Good to hear you’re venturing into raid tanking, it can be intimidating but we’re sure you’ll get into it! Lightglass’ suggestion about a friendly tank guiding you would be a good idea, maybe being an offtank with them or similar, and there’s plenty of basic guides out there for additional tips!

Yours,

Arythwinn

Look up Darkmech on Youtube. He has 2 minute tank guides for every boss.

Atleast see the fights first as damager.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.