Raider.io Should be broken if it continues charging players for fast updating

But that’s fine, the website doesn’t update the addon data base every 5 minutes.

which I think some people seem to think it will…

Your score improves fastly when you do the first key of each dungeon to set the base line.
Then changes really only if you can beat yourself by a +1 and by 10 points roughly.
Are you really telling us that every key you do is a +1 from the previous you did in every single dungeon, and that all of those keys are done the same day to require 10 times a day updates on you raider io page to keep you progressing?

true and it is realy good they have it, problem is that if you buy premium on their site now, it doesnt clearly say what it updates and the chances is that someone buys premium and feels cheated due to it not working as they think it should do, and that can cause problems, just one smal text could remove the problem entirely.

for me example I though all the time, it did update M+ score faster also, had I not as I stated in an other answer, read about this and started to dig a little, I could have bought the premium, and gotten disapointed due to thinking M+ score updates faster also, not that it would matter for me becuse it is low anyways, but still, this was the problem and why talked about false advertising becuse for me it felt like it was just that. And I am quite sure I am not the only one who did not get it.

That would be one hell of a service :laughing:

I think half hour to an hour is perfectly reasonable. I’ve even sat watching the leaderboard waiting for it to update. It’s not fast. Even Blizz can’t manage it but they expect a third party addon/site can :joy:

It’s strange to think that because the addon people use in game won’t have any record of those runs until the following day/update.

It’s a perk though…You support them and they elevate your requests for an update to the site.

Perks for other patreons include exclusive access to discord channels and stuff including t-shirts depending on the Patreon you wish to support.

the in game addon updates once a day afaik.

That is how it works, isn’t it :thinking: So, yes?

That’s why I really don’t get the huge fuss. Unless you are checking the website the addon updates overnight.

1 Like

site was the problem for me, not the addon, though now when I understand it better it doesnt matter that much.

That’s how the site works…

The addon in game doesn’t work like that…

So no matter what you do today I won’t see it on the addon until the following update regardless of what the site says.

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, that is maybe your wrong usage of the data.

How is it my wrong usage of the data?

The data on the addon isn’t update multiple times per day…

I’m not checking a website every 2 minutes for some random names score even if they begged me too.

1 Like

And still nobody sees what is wrong with rio :joy:

1 Like

There is lots wrong with it on general principle but this particular threads issue isn’t one of them.

No it’s not.
For your most recent dungeon score to be added to your current and displayed to others, 2 things must happen:

1. The data must reach the site’s database
  2. Everyone else you want to see your new score should update their addon.

This is why I also do not understand the problem in the OP post. No matter how fast you update YOUR addon, until everyone else does it will have no effect on them.

I know, but that is not the context of the post I was responding on.

think he was talking about the site, as I did, where it says faster ques to update, what is not realy the case as I thought it would be eighter.

It doesn’t state that it will update your score faster though.

If you can do a +1 upgrade on every dungeon every day, you don’t really need raider io after you did a +10 of each dungeon, and providing that is really your progress level, will happen in 2-3 days. With that your’e above 1k and that’s enough to join all the 10 you want.

And i don’t think this is the OP case. He’s more than likely struggling on the mid keys and he thinks that the more he run the more his score will raise. Otherwise since by his own admission he has to run the same dungeon multiple times a day to get a bis, he should know that updating thousand times a day won’t make a difference since at best is a 10 point score update, not a huge leap.