Raider.io Should be broken if it continues charging players for fast updating

I ran about about 40 M+ dungeons in two days (sat and sun) so yes I was consistently improving.

Seems you are too casual bro.

Maybe but i can pull my decent results, and iā€™m not afraid to show them unlike you.

And good for you, 40 runs in a weekend is more than 20hrs of game, whish i had that time. Still, the addon updates once a day, so no need for faster updates, and even if you really beat yourself +1 each time in each dungeon you must now have a score that is more than enough to find a group for everything you want, so again, no need for faster updates.
But i bet this is not the case.

There are people out there now rocking massive scores, you have to work constantly, improve constantly, learn constantly.

What is the point in playing WOW if you arenā€™t aiming for that. You could miss out on the next available key if your RIO hasnā€™t updated from your last good run. And as I pointed out at one stage the site didnā€™t update for my toon for 11 hours and I was having to point groups I was apply to wow progress.

I guess we have very different mindsets as to how we approach WOW. For me it is a dog eat dog competitive game, for you it is obviously something else.

And finally, my main is none of your business, and you are only using this stupid ad hominem argument to deflect attention from the point of the entire thread, that a thrid party addon should not be allowed to charge for premium services.

In case people genuinely donā€™t understand how the scoring works.

Basically if you do a +10 on time you will get around a 100 score for running that key. Repeatedly doing the same key will not improve your score unless itā€™s higher than the one you ran before and on time.

So ideally you want to do one of each dungeon key as high as you can manage on time.

Yes it will improve your score depending on how fast you complete.

The is no star for completed but not on time, and then 1, 2, and 3 stars depending on how fast you go. So realistically if your first completion isnā€™t on time you could actually upgrade your score on the same key level in one dungeon four times.

Like I said

If you repeatedly do a +2 faster and faster itā€™s wasted effort if you are doing it for your score.

Higher to me would mean a higher key, and I think to most English speakers, try replacing that with faster.

Faster is not an effective way to bring your score up. If you do the key on time thatā€™s fine, now do it again on a higher key. That is the efficient and effective way to increase your score.

There is no point running a +5 key 17 times when you can just do a +10 on time.

Of course you are right, but if I improve even by five RIO points I want it updated immediately just in case the next guy is four points ahead of me. And I donā€™t want to have to pay money to a third party website for that.

The in game addon will only update overnight, thatā€™s what most people look at.

A quick whisper directing them to the website will work, but not if you arenā€™t paying premium to skip the ques.

There is much more in wow than gearing and score.

And yet, you still feel the need to post under an alias to avoid showing how competitive (the main driver of the game) you are.

Iā€™m not deflecting anything. Iā€™m just trying to prove that you think is wrong for raider io to ask for a volountary contribution for a service they provide, that you think is fine for the game simply because you donā€™t really understand how it works.

It isnā€™t a ā€œvoluntary contributionā€ if you donā€™t get the service or same level of service without making the contribution. It is a charge for not deliberately impairing your update service.

1 Like

The score updates without premium being required and appears on your profile within 30 mins to an hour of the run.

And how pray tell can one be even sure that what you post on is your main? Nor do I care. And even if you say it is your main how much trust will I put in random internet stranger?

The level of the toon Iā€™m posting on should not make a jot of difference to my argument which is that essential addons should not be allowed to charge for premium services so that people can play a game they already pay for.

The nail should be hit on the head now before the rot spreads to all essential addons.

Going by current token gold returns, if I have to give ā‚¬120 a year to RIO that is about 1 millon gold less I can buy from blizzard towards flasks, feasts, mythic BOEs etc.

I already said my profile didnā€™t update for 11 hours one night.

Server and web hosting is not free, so the creators of raider io have to make something to recoup those costs. With many players that use their service, I am sure that they want to be able to pay for those costs and still be able to offer the free version of it.

While should Blizzard get involved? If that is the case then they should also tell Wowhead that they cannot charge for some of their services, as well as other sites that use their api. These sites would probably shut down without some form of reimbursement for their services.

1 Like

based on your reasoning, in my condo i should not pay for water since i live at 5th floor and due to that, water gets to me later than at the guy who lives two floor below.

itā€™s an optional addon. you can get the same results by checking each player wow armory page which is free.

So now itā€™s essential, but you want it for free. Because development, server cost and such should be always free.

Itā€™s an addon, not part of the game. Itā€™s not essential at all. The community choose to use it because helps like many other addons, but itā€™s not mandatory and if youā€™re really cutting edge as you say, you can do without.
I bet method donā€™t use it, so why should you?

Iā€™d rather be causal that a wannabe pro who cannot correctly reward the effort of a developer and feels authorized to complain.

And that is probably the same time none of the EU update for 11 hours.

Just FYI they have a discord where all that kind of news is announced. Like when there are issues with API etc.

yeah but I doubt creators of rio care about what you want done immediately :joy:

try using a magic word, more chance anyoneā€™ll listen.

There are links in a chain here you are ignoring.

Blizzard update their side, if they donā€™t then raider IO canā€™t either, it could be that for those 11 hours Blizzard were doing site maintenance which is perfectly normal and wouldnā€™t bring the site down either.

but as mentionedā€¦whispering some people with ā€˜ā€˜check raider io websiteā€™ā€™ will get you the sum total of nothing at all. some like me may respond with something rather flavourful.

but lets be clear if 2 dps are in a que and both have similar raider IO scores within a margin of say 100 points at 900+ Iā€™ll take the dps I can work with for that instance.

But Iā€™m not going to the website to check

1 Like