Raider.IO community Thoughts

I am 475 and i even do random heroics (for satchels). I am very patient and i always adjust to the group’s speed and damage. I give away my loot, and aswer questions when they have. :man_shrugging:

if i want to chill in a +10 and look for maybe a different build/talents/trinkets/corruption then i am toxic? Yes i finished a +21 yesterday, so what?

Addition:
And i dont care about some wipes. I did LFR wing Nzoth last saturday. THAT requires patience :smile: And still that was fun.

2 Likes

As someone who pugs only, i totaly support it, it aint perfect but i cant realy imagine picking people based on ilvl only.

2 Likes

Being toxic in this game is not a rule for high ilvl players or even low geared, nor i said that every high ilvl player is toxic. Maybe i used the wrong word, toxic is a heavy word. “Bossy” would fit better i guess :slight_smile: .
Generaly experienced players are used to do a dungeon in certain ways. And not doing it like they are used to, makes them … uncomfortable. Which results that if something goes wrong in a pull or a boss, they will start blaming (again, not a rule).

Especially on a +10 i don’t give a crap about the route. After a wipe i just say "we’re fine, lets do this :slight_smile: ".

But after 2 wipes on the same boss, where i see big mistakes, i might will give tips. If that is bossy then :man_shrugging:

"We need to kill the totems at the same time :slight_smile: ".

1 Like

No, ofc not. I didnt say all geared players are toxic. But the chances are that a geared player wants the dungeon to be done quickly (in order to get echoes, or whatever) and all the other players tries to learn the dungeon tactics, learn how to dps/tank/heal, and that conflicts with the reason of high ilvl players enters a low mythic+

Ofc there is also a chance that a high mythic player just wants to chill, try new spec/talents like you said. But personaly i’m going with the chances.

That is perfect. I wish more people were like you. Maybe you should put that in a note when you queue low mythics for fun, so if i see you anywhere i would just pick you in a heartbeat :smiley:

1 Like

Rio is totally fine.its a good gauge of how well people know dungeons. I for example am doing 10s for the first time and think its reasonable if people didnt want to bring me. Ive also personally seen high geared players dojng +9 that have no idea how a dungeon works. And tank temper tantrums because of not perfect runs

I do have a problem with some of the people who use it. Same as some of the people who dont use it, i mean the people that is “475 gear for this +5” “must have mythic keystone all 15s done” “curve for this normal when they dont have it”. But these people will always care so meh

Since i dont pug, rio doesnt matter to me. We use it as a motivation to see how high we can push the score and set us some goals within our group.

1 Like

You see, him being extremely polite and tolerant does not mean people should go inside M+ totally clueless waiting for a better player to tell them why they are screwing up.

And I am not talking about next level route, snapping or things that do not really matter in lowkeys anymore.

But if I see a group doing a +10, wiping and failing on mechanics that are there since M0 sorry but I am not gonna stick with it.

I really don’t care about advanced mechanics in low key, but if we wipe on the basic then you should not do a +10 and go back to square one.

3 Likes

Tbh. At truth.

RIO only affects the PuG world, guilds don’t take the system seriously realistically.

RIO only has a negative impact on players trying to jump into high keys with no experience, or FoTM rerollers as they don’t stick to the same classes long enough to build up a score.

Returning players can potientally struggle with it also as they’ve been absent over a length of time which means they don’t have a RiO

So the system has a opt out realistically.

• create your own keys. This normally works and even with low Rio scores I’ve created several succcessful 10-15 keys. But the risk is high here, as the super high RIO requiring players won’t join you.

• get into a guild or community of players which play with each other, premades generally take RIO scores less seriously.

Player complaints are generally players who’ve done some +5s odd gotten a decent ilevel score, but are rejected due to a lack of experience in higher keys.

Several streamers have covered this, the PuG world is extremely inefficient at gearing up or at progression. The worlds a lot more selfish at core and you won’t get a “happy community” feel at all.

Look for a guild which actively does what your interested in is the easily solution. Just make friends and do your keys with them. It will reduce stress a lot.

2 Likes

I despise rio and the way it’s used to filter group applicants. Looking at the specific keys you’ve done would be fine. But, why would it matter whether I’ve done Underrot and Tol Dagor when I’m applying to a MOTHERLODE group? When you create a Ny’alotha group, you don’t demand Eternal Palace experience.

Another bad thing about rio is that you’d have to farm the score over and over again to keep getting invited to pugs. Every season, you are forced to do the same dungeons you hate just to inflate an artificial score on 3rd party websites that pug leaders look at a bit too much. I’ve even seen people ask for rio on raids and mythic0 mechagon (!).

Rio also encourages people to leave keys more often than they usually would. If someone leaves a dungeon just so that a non-timed run doesn’t show on their profile, there’s something wrong with the system.

To conclude, I’d say that rio is not at all a metric of someone’s skill. It’s a metric of patience and dedication. This is all there is to it unless you’re going for really really high keys.

1 Like

Tbh I’ve always seen it the opposite way,

I would rarely invite someone who had 0failed keys because we all know why they have 0 failed keys.

In PuGs you have to prepare for the worst realistically, so having a bunch of people that are capable of doing the dungeon, but at minimum will stick around to complete the dungeon even if it hits the fan is tbh more reliable.

But maybe I’m alone in that way of thought xD or people are stupid enough to believe a 0 failed keys status is actually honest.

Imho, they should just change it to leaving keys = automatic point to failed keys.

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s impossible to implement. The rio devs have no means of tracking left keys.

I think it is pretty safe to say you should never invite a 0 failed runs-player into higher keys. Where did he gets his experienc from?

1 Like

Not a fan of it, consider it to be overall toxic.

Raider IO is simply a measure of how many different Mythic+ a player has done in time at their highest difficulty. That is all.

It won’t tell you how experienced a player is at a specific Mythic+, it will not tell you how many/percentage of Mythic+ that player has left or failed, it will not tell you how many seconds lost due to their deaths on average. If a player was to start their Mythic+ progression at +8, they would have less points than someone who has done +1 to +7 of the same dungeon.

Generally speaking, there is a large portion of players that believe/hype up Raider IO to be something it isn’t. It will not magically solve all their problems. It is the only metric players have, which they then impose on others, knowing or ignorant of how unreliable and how little an Raider IO score tells you.

Then, personally, I believe that accessibility to content should be something that falls to Blizzard. Rather than having an expectation on the community to establish some form of order (which almost never turns out well). Blizzard has access to all the needed statistics on a player to make an infinitely better Raider IO and they could integrate with Group Finder within a week. Yet for some reason, unknown to anyone, has chosen not to weigh in on the topic.

1 Like

i like this idea but kinda hard i think to implement

for example, if someone left a key, the rest of the players have to leave too, because its sometime hard or near impossible to complete a run with 4 players, therefore everyone will get points to failed keys even tho it’s not their fault

unless they make a detectable system that gives failed key points to the first leaver, and don’t count the rest of the leavers

And when this would be in place the initial leaver is just going to AFK instead of leaving. Making others leave first.

1 Like

exactly, it’s kinda hard to make such system

1 Like

This is EXACTLY what i’m talking about.

Mechanics of a dungeons really doesnt matter before mythic +10 and upwards… Bosses doesnt hit hard, trash mobs dies 3 seconds after the pull, etc. You dont get to learn!!! People goes into m+10 and expect things to die as fast as they breath. A cleave that in M+5 would do 10k damage to you, in M+ will most likely bring you down to 10% HP. In low keys you CBA to interrupt, on the other hand in higher keys if you dont interrupt you wipe.

So the first time you do a M+10 you will find out that you actually didnt know tacts for that boss/trash mobs.

TL;DR You only learn the boss/trash mobs in M+ in higher keys. So if you always get high ilvl people to join your low lvl keys, you will eventually get geared faster but you will have absolutely no idea about tacts.

I would say that is a good chunk of information considering the majority of people that look for player just want to see that people are experience and don’t go investigator mode to see how every little detail.

It kinda does tho, since it show you the highest that person did for a key.

Because it is a super complicated thing to add that overall does not guarantee you the success of your run.

Lmao this sound a lot like “high rio player are bad but stats hide it”

If a player do a +8 and deplete it I would say it is fair it gives less compared to someone that did a +7 but on timer (considering that the difference is minimal)

Is not imposed, you are free to create you groups without using Rio addons, you cant impose others to not use it in their group tho.

It is unreliable? Is not 100% accurate but it just helpful to give you an idea of who you are inviting.
No need to be triggered about Rio.

Yes you do, if you don’t kill 3 totems on volkaal together they regen and I have seen quite a lot of it happening on alt. If you don’t take a puddle for the priest she heals up.

Those things can be seen even in M0, and players not knowing those mechanics means that they are putting 0 effort in their improvement.

3 Likes

Well clearly i’m not talking about such mechanics. I’m talking about mechanics like Surging Rush of first boss in Shrine. In M+5 surging rush wont kill you, it will just do alot of damage. That damage will be healed in half a second, or even wont do much damage if the player had a shield on him. In High M+ keys Surging rush will just get you from 100% to 0%. And you will most like fail to avoid it because the last time it hit you, you didnt even notice it.

Thats why i said that unless you fail, you wont learn.