Raidfinder too easy!

Yeah, how else would they announce a new feature without using “epic”, “rich”, “chellenge”, etc. words?

All I’ve said on the topic is that the main reason LFR was introduced was to let people, who for whatever reasons don’t raid, experience what it’s like (and it actually achieved the opposite, congrats blizz). It was a deliberate shot at encouraging people to both make them interested in raiding and let a broad audience see how the raids they desing look while the game is current and not a couple of expansions later. These 2 things were the most prominent arguments in favour of LFR introduction whenever Ion raised the topic. They wouldn’t encourage anyone without a carrot on a stick, hence the LFR level loot (sometimes overpowered as history has shown).

If they were true to their words, they’d have implemented LFR without loot, but they know it would fail spectacularly. Have you seen how their recent shot at “encouraging people to do world pvp” work out? There was no reward - the faction imbalance prohibited alliance to join. So they threw cosmic level rewards there for alliance which lead to horde having no reason to join. Works like a charm…

LFR is a paraolympic tier in gaming. It should not reward loot, same as warfronts in their current state should not. Especially as far as tier sets, trinkets and whateverforging are concerned. “Rich rewards” for pushing a lottery button pretty much buries the RPG element of developing a character by doing increasingly hard stuff and strips the game of any feeling of achievement and reasons for exploring the game. LFR achieves just that.

But im not getting the best gear like you are so i dont see the problem .

I see this claimed by anti LFR people all the time yet it was never the intention to encourage people into other difficulties. It was a mode created to stop excluding a huge proportion of the playerbase from taking part in the end game content, at an easy level and get lesser versions of the rewards.

There is no justification to remove loot from LFR, I really dont’ understand why anyone wants it removed. It’s just such a nasty demand. I don’t like these people doing raids, I don’t want them to get anything from it.

The item level is no higher than what you get from running a Mythic dungeon. It’s inconsequential to any serious raider and why would a raider care that someone does a simplified version in bitesize wings. I really don’t understand why a few have such a big problem with a huge portion of the playerbase enjoying the game.

1 Like

Can you miss the point any more than you just did?

Only on the side note - you acutally do. The fact that you’ve done LFR once or twice and got only base ilvl items doesn’t mean this content doesn’t reward great items. Also it really comes down to the point that it rewards items way more powerfull compared to hc/M tiers on the power-to-chellenge ratio.

Also what LFR/TF type of systems do is they flatten the overall power curve. Want an example? I pretty much can’t find any upgrades now - only 1 weapon and 1 azerite 415 piece + better traits on other pieces. I’m 407 equipped and sim 24.3k dps on patchwerk fight, which is one of the top sims on my server class-wise. A guildie playing same spec, who has not stepped into HC BoD and only does some mid-tier M+, lfr, warfronts, etc. sims at 22.4k. So yeah, I’d wager this type of content rewards way too powerfull items compared to what not afk type of content does.

Does it matter? Yes, it discourages many people from improving their gameplay and skills, which leads to stupid stuff like wasting hours of time in higher m+ with someone who has not even taken half their skills from the book, depleting keys due to people doing literally half the dmg/healing they’re supposed to based on their gear, insults, bad blood, not doing m+ with random people, whole lot of frustration in all kinds of pug groups and overall bad experience for everyone.

I have to admit that your metric for failure is vastly different from mine. I see that more players have seen the end boss of an expansion thanks to the introduction of LFR which was IIRC the reason for introducing LFR. Looks like it worked wonders to me.

1 Like

Please tell me more about how inconsequential Draught of Souls or Whispers in the Dark trinkets were for some classes in Nighthold. Or how incosequential were LFR tier pieces in Cata. How inconsequential was the 910 ilvl (M base lvl) DoS trinket from LFR Gul’dan. How inconsequentional is the 410 ilvl item from afk-warfront someone posted 15 mintues ago to my guilds discord (again).

Would it be so bad if LFR gear dropped only base ilvl items? Or if it dropped heroic dungeon level items, which is pretty much the same difficulty level content? Nah, the gearing curve apparently has to be designed in a way that difference between LFR-whatever-geared character is maybe about 25-30% less potent than a well rounded nearly full Mythic level raid geared character. It leads to all sorts of consequences.

I used to raid mythic but my body can no longer allow me to same with heroic and normal i would not put my friends and guildies through me not being able to to do my job anymore .
So i use LFR which ive always like and always used since it came out in DS and i was doing heroic progress back then .
In LFR current i get 370 compared to your cutting edge 415 sure i might get lucky and have a tf/wf (which i think should be capped btw) but iam not getting anything that harms you or my friends .It just helps me do a few low keys and mount farm easier .
No idea why people have to be so rude and angry that i can get epics and item lvl its just pixels thats all it should not make bad blood .

2 Likes

So instead of blaming Blizzard for broken trinkets across the board, you want to exclude LFR players from getting loot?

Nah, by this I meant that what they achieved is they presented literally the worst of the worst sides of raiding. The whole design of LFR is pretty much the wholesome list of reasons why one should never put their feet in a raid again.

What’s the difference? People do LFR mostly for easy good loot. Downgrade the loot,exclude overpowered items from the loot table of cap them at an appropriate level and LFR audience crumbles.

I think you are blaming the wrong thing i think you should blame TF and WF thats just my view and can you please try and be less angry and hostile in your posts what is it with people today everyone is so grumpy :frowning:

Easy good loot while emissaries are dropping higher ilvl? (370 vs 385)

There’s dozens of loot sources. LFR is the one rewarding people in a completely inadequate way (and warfronts). That’s all. And that’s what the topic is pretty much about.

I bid you good day sir iam not going round in circles with you as you seem to disregard everything i say .

1 Like

It changes. I’m not saying LFR is the only screwed up thing currently in the game, if fact I’ve said there’s plethora of things wrong with gearing system earlier (all the welfare gear sources, which includes emissary items). After all emissaries have a small loot table anyway.

Raidfinder is for people playing from Work so they can autoattack the Boss and work at the same time…:joy_cat:

1 Like

Sure there is a lot wrong with the gearing system. But LFR is not 1 of them. With the timegate it is opening and the weekly lockout you get nothing there.

Or maybe you have no compelling arguments at all and disregard anything other people say? Idk, just maybe.

Because you are attributing an issue with two trinkets that were a problem in the game on any difficulty to LFR. It’s not related.

No i just think you are barking at the wrong system i think you should aim your anger at tf/wf and at blizzard and not at other players like me .You dont have to be su rude and angry you know .

1 Like