Raidfinder too easy!

I really don’t get this attitude. Judging by the metrics which Blizzard has released in the past there has been no drop off in numbers attempting the hardest raiding difficulties and in fact there has been a slight increase in players participating in Normal and Heroic difficulties.

I often get the feeling that people don’t realise that there are quite a few people who like to play games on the easiest difficulty or the second easiest and have never felt the need to push harder than that. I am here to play a game and I like to play within my own abilities I have enough frustrations in real life to not want any when I am relaxing and playing games.

2 Likes

Mythic is a tier in gaming only for the elite. They don’t need rewards, they have enough skill to do without. It should not reward loot.

I can do your kind of logic too! :crazy_face:

No no no. Leave poor TF alone. It gets bullied on these forums enough already.

It really isn’t. Warfronts sure, but not LFR; the loot is not too high for the content.

1 Like

the issue is, its too late to remove LFR, spoiled people are too addicted to free loot.
they could instead remove runes and gold from it as a reward, and not force people to do it.

Nooo! I sell runes and I like gold. :laughing:

3 Likes

Fine with me. /shrug

You’re not. Gold can be earned in many different places in the game and that gold buys you runes. You really don’t have to do it.

A bit late to the party I see
Either way…

LFR is, like many have stated here earlier, easy(for some) simply to allow anyone who want to see the raid, to do so without any particular requirements.

If you say LFR is too easy, then it’s fair to say that you should aim for higher difficulty levels. Starting with Normal difficulty. If you feel that is still too easy then go even higher. This is THE very reason as to why higher difficulties exist.

I’ve seen arguments to not get into difficulties such as Normal, Heroic etc. like:

• I don’t have the time to join organized groups, they often take to long to form and often fail halfway through.

• I can’t get into organized groups even for normal because they always want you to have Curve, or X amount of ilvl on you or you wont be invited.

My answer to both of these is, start looking for a guild that reliably clears through Normal difficulty(or w/e difficulty you desire) each tier.

Normal difficulty does not have much in terms of damage requirements. It’s usually enough for the raid/majority of the raid to get the mechanics right and the bosses will go down.
Usually guilds that focus on PvE/raiding have set weekdays where they have events you can sign up for to go into raids. Find a guild that is serious enough, have the organisation to form stable groups and there will be no extra time needed beyond the actual time you’re inside the raid, killing stuff.

Organized PuG-groups usually have fairly high requirements for you to be allowed into them(such as Curve and/or particular ilvl requirements) simply because they want the raid to be over asap with as little problems as possible. Often their requirements are fairly unrealistic compared to the level of difficulty of said raid/dungeon. But that’s usually because no organisation is being done beforehand and they think exceedingly high requirements can make up for the lack of organisation(I’m NOT saying this is always the case, but it often is).

If PuG-runs fail halfway through it’s usually because no organisation is being done beforehand. OR, because a fair amount of those who joined said PuG aren’t willing to take their eyes off the damage meters in favor of working as a team and do mechanics the way they should be done.

As an example(of what could be a damage requirement):
If a particular encounter has a mechanic involving spawning adds that needs to be focused down/killed before they finish a cast or the raid will wipe. Then it’s quite obvious that you should figure out at what points these adds will spawn during the fight and be ready to instantly come off the boss and instead pump as much damage as you can into that particular add as you can.
In a case like this, you shouldn’t spend the next 15 seconds putting up DoTs on everything that moves. You should switch to that add and do as much damage as you can to it until it dies. Why? Well, you can ofc not do this. But then, how are you going to defeat that particular boss if you’re not doing what you’re supposed to?
Simple as that.

Back to topic.
Joining a stable guild that reliably clears through the content you desire, is in general vastly more time efficient compared to time and again trying to get into PuG-groups.

On another note, if you, due to real life or what not, can’t commit to several days of raiding per week. Find a guild that raid on times when you can. There are also some guilds who in general focus on higher difficulties during their main raids but often have times when they go into lower difficulties as well, to gear alts or to allow anyone that have more of a social role within the guild to join in. You can look for a guild that does this as well. The only real requirements you would have for something like this is: be friendly towards the guild and be a team player, don’t make things all about yourself and you will be fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.