Raiding in Narthia as melee - low dps due to boss tacs

9 out of 10 bosses are melee unfriendly - please want a blue post
Hello
After raiding, plus mythic+, plus AH gear managed to get to high ilvl and have good gear
While on dummy and 1 boss in narthia can reach high dps (huntsman Altimor – cause u are almost all time on it) on other bosses ranged and classes with heavy dots that crit come with higher dps even 10 ilvl below, cause they are all time on bosses while melee have to run to avoid things or participate to heavy “run away” bosses mecanics

also retri aura is a joke (on farming status no one dies) and pala has not a heavy long time dot. So that makes things even worse.

And i ask: why 1 boss for melees and 9 bosses for ranged/dot classes?
why not 5 bossses favouring ranged / 5 bosses favouring melee.
Why narthia is almost completely melee unfriendly? what design is that?

Okay, okay, let’s take it 1 at a time.

You shall not ask for thy blue post, due to it being illegal on the forums!

Good job!

Yes… sad when this happens. Can’t dps when not in range. :frowning:

Yes, yes it is a joke, it only makes us high on the meters when learning the bosses.
Though i admit it can be useful when just barely beating the boss.
I was last one standing (after being ressed) and soloed Sludgefist, wham bam, thank you mam! thanks to multiple wings during the fight.

Awful design all around, they can’t seem to make mechanics that affect ranged more instead of melee, guess interns these days don’t have much imagination anymore…

ty for comments. they are welcomed

1 Like

The only actual melee unfriendly boss is Sludgefist, I have very high uptime on every other, perhaps Artificer if unlucky and targeted by every single mechanic.

Melee always had downtime on boss to move or do mechanics, but their spells are all instant. Casters don’t have downtime because they always have spells available and can always cast, but as such they also have a cast time, and inefficient movement for ranged can be just as detrimental for ranged dps as it is for melee.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.