Raiding social aspect

Hi folks,

I would like this to become not only a rant, although i guess it’s inevitable, also not even sure how can this be fixed/helped/avoided.

It’s about most (so far, close to all) raiding guilds approach to raid leading.

My issue is that i don’t know who stablished that raids have to be led with military and or forbes-500-company level of attitude towards its players.

“Management” absolutely never fails, only others do. I know why these people are not in high end guilds, since in those guilds they wipe for hours and hours on bosses. I noticed i don’t even play at my best. As for example in a tank mechanic of performing a path (psychus on n’zoth) somehow it seems i kept messing up, something i had done flawlessly several times before. On top of that, i’m really not enjoying the “atmosphere”, i’m playing as a chore, on the back of my mind is just “let me get this done”, without much enjoyment.

I’m sure it may be playing to a certain player - raid leader - fantasy to bark orders and have everyone in line, following instructions, but it’s just not my cup of tea.

Now the reason for the post is that i feel i have mostly depleted my chances. I think i reached the point where i’ve cycled around guilds with this consistent attitude towards raiding. Also, guilds who have a different approach, who treat other players like they fellow man, like some other dude, sitting in his chair playing the game they like and that we share a similar interest. Problem is it seems these guilds must have their core set and not really looking into increasing their roster.

So any tips and points on how do i find such a guild? Any red flags i can be on the lookout to know before hand that i’m stepping into yet another ego-trip-circus?

/rant off i guess, thanks for reading.

It’s difficult to know what a guild is like before you join it unless you have a friend in the guild who can give you that perspective. Do a couple raids with them, see what they’re like. Some guilds are more relaxed and casual while still getting stuff done, while some others will struggle even though their approach is more “serious”.

Also depends on what you’re looking for. A mythic guild and a casual heroic raiding guild are two completely different atmospheres. In the other one you might be expected to perform on a certain level, while in the other you’ll be given slack since you’re there just to have fun and the journey matters more than the end-goal.

lot of them i mean whole lot them

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.