Raids are not worth the time and pain

Hi i wanted discus here the main problems of Raids that did folow since BFA its about they diffictuly and the reward system.

What i want to say is raids are too hard compare for how low drop chance items have someone did say me not long ago about what legion had that was removed it was incrase drop chance for each boss done without loot and i think that was great system coz you was sure that you get something while you can do sometimes raid 5 times and get nothing while others get like 3 in row.

I dont realy have problem if raid is hard but whats a point of raiding if reward is not worth it coz of so low drop chance

Also we got mythic dungeons that reward us much better with item lvl actualy maybe if vault for raid rewards would be changed and give ppl item rewards from mythic raid while mythic raids vault rewards would give something like titanforged version of items from that raids would be more motivating to do

coz i think all can see its more easy to do + 15 dungeon than heroic raid many times

So i realy hope blizard will understund that and bring back loot drop chance incrase per boss without loot from legion times other way raid contents will become dead and not worth of time wasting

1 Like

the point is like always killing bosses .

if someone raids for gear not experience of raiding he will always get burned out and bored extremly fast.

You’re posting this on a character that got Ahead of the Curve on raid week 7. The reward system is literally built to serve you and players even more casual than you as best as possible.

Raids are about killing the bosses, the rewards for doing it is secondary. Also, a bit tied into all this - if you’re posting this on your main then you should at least try the difficult setting before commenting on the difficulty curve.

The bad luck protection is still there just as it was before. You can always get particularly lucky/unlucky but you can with relative certainty ALWAYS estimate around what boss you will get loot.

There is no way you killed 50 bosses without getting a loot drop. Just because the item you get isn’t an UPGRADE does not mean you didn’t get loot.

No. The vault is divided into 3 sections because there are more than one way to play the game. Mythic+ has a much slower reward system than raiding. If you choose to not do mythic raids it is a good thing that you get 252 gear very slowly since that’s not a reward you’re earning regularly.

This is only correct for Heroic Sylvanas & Painsmith. The rest of the Heroic bosses are easier than a +15.

If you’re playing raids only for rewards and not for the satisfaction of overcoming something with your friends then you’re fundamentally playing the game wrong. Raids are forced to be in big group sizes because they feel more meaningful. If you walk up to a boss and don’t care about anything other than getting a drop from it when it’s dead you will ALWAYS be bored of raiding - us that actually play the game to enjoy it and get item upgrades as a means to an end have always enjoyed raiding. It’s the part of World of Warcraft that is consistently a lot of fun while other stuff varies in enjoyment.

Stop framing everything in terms of rewards.

If all you care about is loot and it doesn’t give you enough then don’t do them.

1 Like

I dont raid for the loot, i raid for the challenge it gives me and cause i find it fun. Same with keys. If u dont think raiding is worth it, then stop raiding? Quite easy solution.

Yeah +15’s this season are somehow easier than HC raid and even easier than Normal raid. Only things that would interest me in raiding are the insane tank trinkets but wiping with 20-30 people raid where one person does something wrong turns me off completely. M+ is far more enjoyable and you can control things alone lot more.

thats bs though .

they are only “easier” if people severly overgear them

when done by your real average wow player at proper itlv for that dungeon even +11 could be hard .

I don’t get the “since BfA”. Did you kill Algalon the Observer early; my guild found it a pain in the butt to kill Yogg’Saron with 4 keepers up and we had a stable roster without terrible players.

Some players have the delusion calling it “mythic” makes it harder; it was already hard to do it early; being world 1st was even harder because multiple more people were subbed.

I raid moustly for transmog but honest defending drop change system is stupid coz it is garbage i dont need get item every boss but after fighting hard bosses that are so much pain and geting nothing whole raid i feel whats the point of raiding

in my oppinion harder content is better rewards should be not oposite

sorry but thats sad true thats one of reasons games like wow lose players and ones like ESO or Fallout gets players even if you dont get item you want you know game will reward you someway for doing it

That’s not bs, that’s a reality. This season is easy.
I’m not a pro and I’ve easily timed +15 this week (which is not the best as tyra+bolstering makes everythig so slow) and I’m way below the ilvl dropped by the end of dungeon itself.

Classes are already running fluidly, there is a ton of borrowed power available to boost numbers and the seasonal affix is a joke.

1 Like

Wows raid drop chance is 20% per player, with 4 items dropping for 20 people.

Could that stand to be higher? Probably yes, but I think there’s a better solution than just add more items, and it’s something we’ve had before.

In previous expansions (Can’t remember if this was like it in Legion) WoW has had two different loot tables for raiding. There’s been a number of items based on group size, but also a guaranteed number of tier tokens.

With tier sets seeing a return in the next tier, I’d suggest bringing back fixed token numbers alongside regular drops. Not only increasing loot odds, but making sure a boss kill is never rewarded with 4 rings or cloaks nobody really wants. 3-4 regular loot drops and 2 tokens for a 20 man raid seems pretty fair.

Obviously they should also bring back coins too, but that’s less about specific drop chances and more about giving players a chance at items from specific bosses, as well as reducing the number of people who leave heroic pugs if they’ve already killed the upcoming boss.

1 Like

bringing back bonus loot would be cool give me reason to do some bosses few times

how ever there was loot system in legion that already was great that for each boss without loot your drop chance in raid was incrasing same for normal drop as for bonus loot wich did feel that you always had that chance to get 1 or 2 items while now raid is just pure luck and well after you do whole 10/10 hc you slowly lose motivation to do it if few times in row game dont give you any reward for dealing with whole raid and vaults gived me many times same items in row so also not motivating

i dont expect to get loot every time but after very hard fight with many wipes spending in raid from 2-6 hours and get nothing i feel like its waste of time pref do mythic + they take less time can do them when i want and i still got chance for decent reward

Thats still how it works pretty much, on average you get an item every 5 boss kills.

honest i did not get any item from bosses in 2 weeks and when i finaly get one it was same item i already have so well i have right to complain about bad drop chance

also i helped my sister do normal raid for loot we did togeth 7 bosses and she did get no loot from any of it also so sorry but that is just dumb and blizard should fix it

1 Like

Hence average.

I don’t even see how it’s possible to have fixed drop numbers and cumulative bad luck protection. But if you kill a raid boss with 20 people there are 4 drops, and the same person can’t get multiple from a given boss.

Truth is they nerfed raid drops a lot this exp and with removal of bonus rolls its a total bs
I have 8 soulrender kills across multiple chars and STILL cant get damn head slot

ok I have been quite lucky whit drops, but at same time, I also got nothing at times, problem for me is, when they removed the bonus token, the thrill to try and aim for what you need is gone, yes those bonus tokens normaly never gave anything, but at same time, when you killed a boss you had a chance to aim for the items you wanted, and it was more intresting when you used to a token, yeah it was pure rng and you could get same item that dropped, but it was still exiting to se what happens.

now you go in do a raid boss, and you might get something, or not, but at same time, getting an item now, doesnt feel great, not sure why, realy.

I do think bosses drop late, thank to the vault system we have now, what in my oppinion is realy horrible system, even if the vault is better than the box we had, but that is only if you clear a raid every week, or do atleast 1 mythic, or best 10 of them, what many do not do, and if you decide to progress on a boss, you might not get any raid loot in vault hole week unless you pug. But puggin again if you are not right spec in peoples minds, even if you dps is fine, you are out of luck.

It’s simple, add a vendor. It’s always the right solution.
Have boss drop tokens, you go get the item you need. We had that for ages, items + token for sets.

Tier tokens aren’t really vendor items, since they were less about bad luck protection and more about making sure more people could potentially use the items that dropped (Compared to vanilla). I’d hope when they bring back tier they bring back tier tokens (And fixed separate tier token drop rates).

As for vendor items, do you mean like TBC - Cata badges? I wouldn’t be particularly opposed to something like that, but needing 4(?) currencies (1 for each difficulty) seems incredibly messy.

I wonder how hard are The Nine and Guardian on HC difficulty, there are some pretty op tank trinkets from those bosses even at 239 ilvl.