Raise deserter time penalty in PvP or reward?

BG starts and if its not going our way within 10 minutes then people start leaving. Especially in Wintergrasp or Isle of Conquest. if the deserter time was raised to 30 or 60 minutes it may put people off. or/and give those that stay some extra bonus.

And can you not do something to detect AFK its getting rather silly in some battlegrounds with 12 people dotted around doing nothing.

1 Like

Yes. If the baby wakes and starts crying when doing a random BG it only makes sense to punish people for 60mins for having to go deal with real life

It’s fine as it is. Already can be a big inconvenience.

I think they should incorporate a hero’s of the storm style system instead.

If you leave a rated you can’t queue rated again until having done 4 randoms and are only queued to play with other leavers.

If you have a baby then you should be looking after it not playing games.

1 Like

Wintergrasp is terrible though, I’d rather leave than stay in a 40 minute game of getting rekt.

He should watch the baby sleep all night instead of enjoying his down time?

Really don’t blame anyone for leaving Wintergrasp.

2 Likes

It’s not just Wintergrasp its all 40 player BG’s and people are not leaving because there baby is crying they are leaving because they give up too easily. I don’t remember 8+ years ago of people leaving like this. This game is older than some of the people playing it and it shows.

Queue times are already long enough. Maybe make leavers earn 50% less honor/conquest for ~30-60min instead. This ensures that honor/conquest-farming BG hoppers who instantly leave once the game doesn’t go in their teams favor are penalized, while people that just want to play some BGs for fun and had to go afk (RL reasons) can simply queue again when they are done.

Yes. If people have sleeping children they should not be doing anything other than sitting directly over them while the sleep. Heaven forbid people chose to try and have a bit of relaxing fun. Get over yourself.

1 Like

Babies can wake up during night

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.