Rampant affliction PvP talent being mandatory 100% of the time

Rampant affliction PvP talent being mandatory 100% of the time should be addressed. Blizzard have been addressing mandatory pvp talents over a period of time for example removing control of lava and making it baseline for elementals. There is no scenario where u dont take rampant affliction it makes us spread UA which is out affliction is all about they need to to remove this talent and make it baseline in 10.1.

4 Likes

To me it’s pretty obvious it should be baseline, it would also improve affliction majorly in M+ content, however blizzard has for some insane reason refused to do so forever.

Rapid Contagion should also be baseline

To be honest it makes 0 sense they clearly stated in a blue post to adjust or remove mandatory pvp talents and the talent that is used 99.99% of games still no change to it

True its such a good ability tbh

1 Like

Problem is making Rapid Contagion and Rampant Affliction baseline probably breaks the spec in PVE, no?

I agree it’s absolutely nonsense that Lock is forced into it in PvP. But maybe to avoid breaking PvP they could do some other changes, but I suspect this would require a bigger rework.

Basically, Affliction going to be cornholed into these unless there are major major class reworks in either pvp or PvE. Shocked they let it reach this state but hey here we are.

1 Like

I said it when hey announced the spell. This spell screams PvE. It would be even better than spaming MR.

100% agree that it should not be a pvp talent now, however baseline would make it broken in multi dot pve fights due to its interaction with the Malefic Affliction talent and being able to perpetually maintain the buff, which would end up with UA being nerfed into the ground damage wise to compensate.

I think a happy medium would be to increase the UA limit to 3 only when in a pvp instance like arena or bgs, basically its baseline for pvp only.

yup thats what im asking for

no worries they nerfed rapid contagion somewhy im pretty sure they will dumpster this one as well eventually
like only spreading 2 UAs max to help with the gcd starvation u know

In the case of affliction, I think it will take a bit more than a simple pvp talent reshuffling…

the spec has nice utility and good tools, but so have all warlock specs. Affliction is a complete mess when it comes the basic damage rotation : things that shouldn’t do damage deal a lot of punishment, whilst core spec defining abilities are basically inoffensive.

We are in 2023 and Bliz² still think that ’ Summon Darkglare ’ and ’ Malefic Rapture ’ are the key abilities the spec should be played around… that says it all about how wrong it is.

Soulrot is pretty nice, please keep it :slight_smile:

have they dared to brand it as a ’ buff and quality of life improvement ’ ? :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.