Random Azerite gear..... NO CHANCE!

I rolled 4 random Azerite and got the same frigging helm. Always the same.
Let’s say there are 6 different helms available. For me to get the same piece for 4 consecutive times is 0.08%.
That means Blizzard rigged the stupid random drop.
Anybody to clarify this for me?

3 Likes

Or you’re just really really unlucky!

2 Likes

One thing i’ve learned from vanila that you never should trust blizz RNG

2 Likes

Yet people win the lottery every day with lower odds than yours.

Just sounds like proper RNG, you just don’t remember when it’s properly working but are upset (which is normal tho) when it doesn’t.
Working as intended i guess ?

They said they were working on additional Bad luck protection for 8.2 in a Q&A, let’s hope it’s fixed soon.

Hope you’ll get what your looking for next time tho

I would say that that is incredibly unlucky, but when I see and also suffer similar extreme bad luck, then I wonder how fair the system actually is.

I wouldn’t put it past Blizzard to have some sort of negative chance mechanic to ensure that RNG draws out gameplay as long as possible.

As it is, without RNG, it would become clear that WoW lacks any other end-game goals other than gear. If RNG was actually fair, this nightmare for Blizzard would still loom pretty quickly, especially with the number of gear sources we have.

Better keep throwing bad gear at players so they’ll keep playing for the “chance” to get better!

1 Like

I gave up hope on those, every 415 piece I buy on any character, worst possible traits, and sometimes same piece 2 times in row.

I mean, it is true that statistically one or more players will be that unlucky.

And most likely one of them will post on the forums questioning how likely it is that they are this unlucky.

On the other hand, most of the things I do that might drop an upgrade, drop the slot that I already have at that ilvl. Enough for me to think “Really, another pair of bracers? Again?”

That is honestly my belief too. Every time I mention “Oh hey, bracers. Again.” half the people in the chat say that it happens to them too.

Doesn’t work, I’m playing less than ever.

Retention mechanisms are not as efficient as fun gameplay.

1 Like

How do you mean like my endless amount of dropped ToT mounts (bliz I’m sick of typing /delete for the Horridon mount! )but never have seen stratholme (1300+ tries solo!), 1500+ needed for Kara to drop it and LK never having his horse around…

Didn’t you post something about “Retention Gaming” in another post? I can see your point there but I think that WoW has become something different but equally grim.

Instead of drawing people back to do repetitive tasks because of some belief that they have to, I think that WoW follows the idea of having a high value end goal that people come back for, then just put in massive barriers to mask what is really a very short path.

Would that be similar though? ^^

I do mention retention mechanics a lot, because I find them abhorrent, yes :slight_smile:

Retention mechanics and gameplay are often at opposite ends of the scale. What I want is 3-4 good sessions per week. What WoW wants me to do is 14-21 tedious sessions per week. This requirement results in me feeling like I’m not good enough to do any of the content I want to do because I’m always letting the guild down and falling behind.

It’s not a healthy, happy mindset. I didn’t need this much stuff to do on a single character. If I had more hours in the day than it needed, I’d have an alt - or I’d do other things. Like an adult.

To be honest, it seems WoW is both trying to draw you in with a golden lamb but then trying to force you to spend a great number of sessions and/or hours getting over the barriers.

The problem with WoW atm is that it hasn’t really got anything else to give people. The dumber, easier, quicker and more casual it becomes, the worse it will be because it has no other end-game goals. The one goal it has, gear, just becomes more and more diluted.

And more and more tedious!

Tell it to my baron horse that i didn’t get after 1k+ tries

Exact same thing has happened to me. I’ve bought shoulders 4 times in a row now and each time I’ve gotten 415 “Mantle of Void-Touched Waters”… It’s highly demotivating and as someone else mentions in this thread, it makes you play less.

However, as you say there’s a 0.077% chance for this to happen, so while unlikely it’s still more likely for this to happen than it is for “Big Love Rocket” to drop (0.03%) and some people got that one.

Next week i will buy my 5th shoulders so will be interesting to see if I get the same ones again (0.01%)

I will do the same. Let’s see if those retards rigged the frigging system. If so, fuk this game!

i rolled 9 and got 5 the same and the other 4 the same but different from the first 5 XD

Quick update to my previous post.

As expected, despite odds of 0.012%, my 5th attempt for 415 shoulders were once again "Mantle of Void-Touched Waters”…

Will probably be able to buy my 6th shoulders after next weeks reset and I’m guessing that I once again will get the same shoulders (0.0021% chance for that to happen if this was truly random and not bugged)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.