Random freezes in game

For a while now I’ve been getting random freezes for like 0.1 seconds every 5-10 seconds, this can sometimes be accompanied by a sound jump too where it sounds like the sound is jumping until the freeze ends.

Quite annoying during raids if I have to move from something and I get a freeze.

I have already tried disabling all my addons.
Tried scan/repair in case of any corrupted files, but that hasn’t yielded any results either.

I’m not sure what else I can try.
I have updated my graphics card and scanned for any updates for my PC and everything is up to date.

Does anyone know anything I can try to rectify this?

1 Like

Random freezes paired with audio distortions usually point towards issues with the CPU - but there are a number of other issues that would have quite similar symptoms, so for a start I’d suggest to grab some basic diagnostic data and hardware monitoring results from the computer to see whats going on “under the hood”. :slight_smile:

Please upload the results to a service like pastebin.com, and post the links here - that’d allow to review them easily.

Thanks for a quick response!

System info -

pastebin.c,om(/)fq163cyp (not allowing me to paste links in my responses for some reason)

Which version from the CPU Z do you recommend I should be using?

Use the “preformatted text” option

The standard version will do, they differ only in looks.

Do you have Nvidia, Discord or any overlay enabled?

Aside of that thermals could be tested if something isn’t overheating (HwInfo sensors), LatencyMon to see if during freeze it’s the whole system or just the game. Then maybe also Userbenchmark run with/without game running to see if one of PC components performs below expectations based of what other users of same hardware got.

I have nVidia installed for my graphics card, and I do use Discord overlay for raiding.
I will have to test this during the week, but thanks for that!

https://pastebin.com/fq163cyp

CPU Z results - https://pastebin.com/UX8gGBqs

I have exactly the same problem; "game freezes for 10-20 seconds, wow.exe causes CPU to spike to 100%, then it comes back to normal again.
VERY annoying in progress guild runs in NY.
so the blues are asking for perfmon screenshots. Well. i digged on it, and found that it IS wow.exe thats causing the problem. its not addons, drivers, blablabla :slight_smile:
The problem are, at my game running now, in wow.exe. PID: 23016.
how i analyse this hangup, thats where i need som help. Been trying to break down the wow.exe with windbg, but im stuck…