Rant/Discussion, RATED BATTLEGROUNDS[EU]

There is a huge gap in RBG between the groups who just want to do the cap typical 0-1800 bracket. and the HotA players 2400-2550(top of the ladder as of this post). the bracket 1801-2399 is pretty dry.

I know there are guilds and groups out there pushing, but i’m sure there are a ton of people in my situation, that cant push because the top of the ladder has been the same three teams since season 1. And the pugs disband after 1-2 loses anyway. Something has to be done. I know about the #soloqueue movement, but i think there is smaller implemantations that can be done to make the RBG community more thrieving, like more feat of strengths, not only hota but as we have had in previous expansions with soldier of the alliance etc. top 35% top 10% and so on. Anyone here have any suggestions on what can be done to save fill the void between 1801 - 2399?

Nobody plays rated bgs. I tried to do them. But every 2.4k group I joined with disbanded after 1 hour effort. They cant gather people for rated bgs.

Try to reg arena. I play only warrior last 2 season for rated stuff:
https://check-pvp.fr/eu/Auchindoun/Schurke

They can’t gather people because of what OP said. There are your pugs, which is basically where I am, that don’t really bother with Discord and disband after 1 or 2. Then the 2.2+ players don’t want to play with / give a chance to players lower down. All this means is that as 2.2+ players stop playing, the bracket dies.

My 2.4k groups didnt even get full. I didnt say they left group after 1-2 rated bgs.

Everyone just premades randoms from communities now instead. Id probably do some rbgs on my boomy if they was any groups going like, but they never is and no one seems to want to do any if i did start a group. I just end up running randoms and top the boards on damage by a fair margin most games on my boomy

1 Like

Same will happen here. Because I’m tired of 2.2-2.4k groups which cant be gathered after 1-2 hours of gathering effort.

Rated bgs died in bfa no1 cares about the same old outdated/boring rewards. Maybe if they actually botherrd to update the rbg sets liie they did with the tbc sets back in legion people would actually play it more

2 Likes

You’re part of the problem dude.

Sitting there for 1-2 hours waiting for 2.2+ players that don’t exist any more because anyone who tries to get into RBGs doesn’t have that experience. Because it’s impossible to get if you gate yourselves. If it was a large community like m+, then fair enough, but it’s not.

You need to lower your epeen requirements and get more people playing the bracket if you want it to survive.

1 Like

Yey, why should he lower his bracket and play with non experienced teams? 2.2+ is a completely different story in playstyle, skill, everything, if you played at it you’d understand.

It’s the same if I play with 0 experienced that run like headless chicken and say “what should we do in this bg?”. It’s another matter if he’s willing to carry, but he’s not obliged to.

Someoneelse’s group someoneelse’s rules.

I play with mostly germans from aegwynn , blackmoore , antonidas etc. Been to many eu groups too from outland and ravencrest etc. But they dont lower the bracket. And I’m not raid leader.

I’m not saying lower your bracket to 0 or even 1.5. But there are a lot people people in the 1.8 - 2.2k no man’s land you could offer say 2 spots to. You might actually find someone half decent. But sure, continue to queue for 2 hours and disband after 1 game.

Not many german and eu people are in the same mentality. My mentality is same with you too. Especially on pug only german groups these days and I play with them.

I get in hota groups alts time to time who think same mentality with you :grin:

I am in 1.7-1.9 range. The “middle ground”. I was taken two times in 2.2k+ bracket by a friend. It didn’t work for me. I couldn’t perform on the same level as others and it showed.

2.2+ also means high arena experience, and I don’t mean achievements, I mean real experience. People play differently than at 1.7. I said if you played at 2.2 you’d know the difference.

RBG need 6 x 6 form and solo que options, in other case its a dead horse, don’t even try to punch it. Arenas faster, easier to find teammates, more weighty priority in balance and rewards.
If peoples/static want to find new player they will preffer arenas experience from 2k or above. Pugs RBG randoms are just a meh, they frustrated after 1 lost game - disbaned and find a new one in 40+ minutes or more. Its just a wasting of time.

Playing rated battlegrounds seriously is something it demands dedication, coordination and perseverance. But also, gear. When people is needed to play tons of PVE to have opt gear, there is no time left to evolve into something like rated battlegrounds.
Right now, the situation is that below 1900, gear dominates everything, big fat geared semi pve ers have their place in this bracket . So, its pvp aspect is dying.
Have people the chance to get opt pvp gear by doing pvp activities, would make them more focused on evolving to something so complicated as a rated bg.

I stopped playing them. Tired of 2.4k groups which cant be gathered from pug.

Put PvP vendors and make a meta that is not boring, motivate players.

In arenas if you don’t have friends, don’t forget to find a healer / dps or with a brain.

Simply, people don’t play this crap now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.