Rate your own faction's cities

From best to worst, 1st to last, and add an explanation why you think so. You can add either Undercity or Darnassus too in an honorable mention at the bottom of your post if you weel like they deserve the credit too. Somehow I know it will be a close tie between Daranssus and Stormwind/Boralus since it’s the most mainstream for the blue team. Anyways. Horde first.

1. Silvermoon. Is this really a competition? Really the only real city the Horde still got after Blizzard snatched Undercity out. It is beautiful and majestic, full of immersion and little details. You can feel the arcane magic in the air. The Elite Tauren Chieftain rock band has their residence there most of the time as well. And my favorite part, you have actually INNS where you can SIT on chairs. Nowhere else in the old school Horde cities this is possible.
  2. Zuldazar. Most ancient city of the world. Built of gold literally.
    Loa everywhere. Most immersive after Boralus. So big it swallows an entire zone. big booty troll culture. You can not not love it.
  3. Suramar. I fell in love with it during the Patch 7.2 campaign and it remains with a special place in my heart. Thalyssra is 2nd favorite waifu and the Nightborne are unique.
  4. Bilgewater harbor. Say what you want about the goblins but they know how to party and show their loyalty. Reshaping all of Azshara in the image of the horde logo, big and massive cannon super-weapon, swimming pools. Bay full of underwater mines. Techno city flair and actual solid buildings to live in instead of tents or mud huts? Yeah that’s a fine city.
  5. Thunderbluff. Too many tents. Pretty much just a bigger village built on top of rocks. Like…meh. Even the culture doesn’t fit right compared to Thundertotem. Sorry it just makes it hard to be taken serious as city. Tauren as people rock, but the capitals should have been a little more…in touch with the people.
  6. Orgrimmar. Ugly. Iron. Spikes. It’s nice for the Orcs to have a home finally but the location and the aesthetics just aren’t fitting and deserving enough of the entire faction’s major hub. Not to mention, it’s much smaller than Stormwind and the harbor is far too easy to be attacked at. In terms of Siege you could come from three sides(Barrens, Durotar and Azshara), making it vulnerable. You disappoint me big times here, Blizzard.

Honorable mention to Undercity. You will be reclaimed my sister. I promise. We we are going to built you up from the ground again into a more fitting forsaken style instead a bunch of scourge aesthetics mixed with old human lordaeron ruins. Yeah I think I’m done now.

1. Boralus. Brilliant port aesthetic and architecture, with a nice convenient layout for players but doesn’t skimp on the rest of the city; all of the npcs and interactions are there to make it feel like a proper place, and the Proudmoore Keep is a really well designed area that really more use should be made of.
  2. Ironforge. Despite Stormwind being more accessible, more used and having more portals, Ironforge has the superior fantasy, aesthetics and lore imo, and represents the dwarves exceptionally well. Plus its a ridiculously tough nut to crack in terms of military assault, so its a valuable stronghold.
  3. Stormwind. It’d be higher if it wasn’t so outdated; the only part which looks nice and modern is Varian’s grave, while at least Orgrimmar got a proper Cata update. There are a few parks which could do with a proper use too, but its a well-laid out city, has some good lore, and looks pretty nice.
  4. Teldrassil. I mean…it’s little more than a temple and a couple of buildings in a tree, it doesn’t really seem to qualify as an actual city. Nor does it come to mind when I think of Night Elf civilisation. It’s super boring, so outside of lore, I really don’t mind this place disappearing.
  5. Exodar. Crashed ship is a crashed ship. Everything is far too spread out, it looks trashed because apparently Draenei can’t repair anything, it’s too bright and nothing happens there whatsoever.
1 Like

I love the aesthetics of both Stormwind and Kul Tiras, sadly the former is littered with sci-fi gargbage, so my immersion is broken. The latter is very serene and relaxing.

you must really hate warcraft i mean the scifi garbage started early in the lore :stuck_out_tongue: the scifi is the only saving grace in a otherwise stale setting that have been used over and over over in many rpgs before

2 Likes

Ugh, this old argument again. There is a difference between a low level raid and 200 Lighforged/Void Elves NPCs and players jumping around the medieval-themed Stormwind.

one of my favorite rpg series of all time had a healthy mix of scifi and fantasy sword and magic maybe you heard of it Might and Magic it actually got worse once ubisoft got a hold of it cutting out the scifi turning into another stale fantasy game

Yes, but when you see medieval merchants mixed with space elves and walking glowing bulbs, don’t tell me that your immersion isn’t ruined. I literally wouldn’t have any problem with Void Elves and Lightforged if there weren’t so many of them in Stormwind. At least in Kul Tiras they are limited.

I am mentioning only those I like.

1. Exodar. Above all. Never in this game have I felt so immersed, awed and fascinated when I entered for the first time the ominous massive vessel of my favourite race. The soundtrack is something I listen to regularly for it is a real masterpiece. A testimony to the serenity of the Dreanei despite everything they’ve been through. One of the best places ever designed in this game. By far the most immersive. 11/10.

2. Thunder Bluff. I am fascinated by the culture of Native Americans of the Great Plains and this place just has all the atmosphere required. Tents, bluffs, endless plains, the music. Tauren are awesome in general. Also, they have hooves :heart:

3. Ironforge. Dwarves have always been my favourite race in all fantasy settings and only Draenei of WoW have ever managed to top them. Ironforge with that dwarven army choir as a soundtrack is a place to behold.

4. Boralus. An incredibly fun and immersive harbour town. A “Tortuga” of sorts. This place screams “sailors” for miles around and it’s a very nice thing to be hearing. Someone really put their hearts into designing this place.

5. Dazar’alor. City of gold. Beautiful soundtrack, beautiful atmosphere. Glory made manifest.

2 Likes

never really bothered me then again i’m not one of those people who are super into immersion the quests are what matter to me and … the lore … oh wait the lore died so i guess i’m playing for the quests

oh ye as for the topic

1. Exodar
  2. Ironforge
  3. Darnassus
  4. Stormwind
  5. Gilenas

Neither am I, but when you look at modern Stormwind, there are almost more subhuman refugees than actual Humans. That is a problem.

1. Gilneas City, as little as we saw of it. RIP. We will come back one day.
  2. Ironforge, traditional Kingdom under the mountain, nothing to add.
  3. Stormwind. It really is nice and serene.
  4. Does Darkshire in Duskwood count as a city? I am a sucker for that kind of content.

I stuck to the Alliance cities, as told, or old Orgrimmar, Silvermoon and the Undercity would have had a honorary mention.

I actually got lost in the Undercity first time I entered, quite a bit of time ago.

I also miss Southshore and Darnassus a lot.

edit: Oh, and Stratholme from the dungeon was really great.

2 Likes

I was expecting the bigger hubs mostly. Theramore would count. Southshore is too small.

2 Likes
  1. Shadowforge!
  2. Ironforge
  3. Thelsmar
  4. Thundermar+Kirthaven
  5. Kharanos
  6. Gilneas, I guess
  7. …ok, Boralis.
3 Likes

I prefer smaller cities myself, to be honest.

I’ve never been to Boralis. Is it any good :smiley: ?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant Bro-ralus, of course.

Everyone loves the Dwarfs. Yet all blizzard gives us is even more humans instead.

4 Likes

Its Leviosa. Not LEVIOSAAAR!

2 Likes

Source? I don’t, and you certainly don’t speak for me.

Now that sounds like a place to be!

2 Likes