Rate your own faction's cities

Mud huts aren’t any better than iron spikes. Raze the entire thing down, invade Feralas and build something worthy of the major/main capital/hub of one of the two biggest political faction of Azeroth. That’s how you solve problems.

Hahaha!

No.

4 Likes
  1. Dazar’alor, who doesn’t love to hang out in the dive bar, by the waterfall? a nice secluded place.
  2. Silvermoon, could use an update tbh.
  3. Suramar, needs time-gating so that the whole Suramar city, belongs to the Nightborne. After unlocking them as an allied race.
  4. ThunderBluff, a nice calm and quiet place.
  5. smaller settlements, such as vengeance landing, with really cool architecture,
    And …The Krazzworks a homely little town high in the sky, with “all you can eat” /cannibalize wildhammer dwarves. that’s attacking the place.

Stone dead last, Orgrimmar can’t stand that place

1 Like

Since i played both for a few years each i think i can rate Cities of Both factions.

For Horde:

1. Thunderbluff, My first Character was a Tauren, and i love the Theme, music and aesthetics of Mulgore and TB.
  2. Suramar, because it’s what Silvermoon would look like if it was made today. Just in purple.
  3. Silvermoon, because not much can beat red and gold. Would rank higher if it wouldn’t look so 2007
  4. Dazar Alor, great place, but hell to navigate without flying.
  5. Orgrimmar, i don’t like the Cata remake, and the “BIG SPIKE METAL!!!” look of it.

Alliance:

1. Boralus, because it’s the first city ingame that feels like a city. And i like the Sea :wink:
  2. Exodar, because the place breathes Lore for the Draenei and their past (and because i don’t want to be stared at by Hala)
  3. Ironforge, because it’s an unbeatable fortress and a genuinely good looking place. even after 15 years.
  4. Stormwind, same Problem as Orgrimmar, they chose the Wrath look and scaled it up to City size… but it is better than OG because it has some nice places at least.
  5. Teldrassil, because it’s hard to be worse than a burned tree.
1 Like

Our minds are connected as one.

Almost forgot that place. Krazzworks. The one single harbor for air instead of water fleets in all of Azeroth. Goblins proving once more how magnificent they are.

I like the sea too!

:heart::heart::heart:

Stares at you with admiration. :heart:

With love,
Hala

2 Likes

I am disappointed that nobody has put Telogrus Rift first, even more disappointed that it didn’t make it on to anyone’s list.

I thought it was amazing, the tents are really cosy, the beds were really nice and comfortable. Seeing both High/Blood and Void Elves all being in one location without conflict or tension gives me hope for Elfkind moving forward.

Lastly Umbric really lights the place up, he is such an amazing leader and I feel honored to be serving him as our leader.

4 Likes

It’s a shady, floating rock in space. What did you expect?

2 Likes

Nice topic Erevien.

My rating, depends, on the character I am playing unfortunatelly …

My Blood Elf paladin: Silvermoon.
My Vanilla main, a Troll Hunter: Zuldazar.
My second, most played character, in Vanilla, a Orc Warrior: Ogrimar and WoD Garrison.
My TBC main a Forsaken priest: Undercity.

My Human Warrior: Stormwind, Boralus and her garrison, in WoD.

In conclusion the most beautiful city for me is: where my character can feel immersed.

Cheers.

1 Like

I like space-floating stuff but there are Blood Elves in Telogrus…

It is only a matter of time before they crash it.

With love,
Hala

1 Like
  1. Exodar
  2. Boralus
  3. Ironforge
  4. Stormwind
1 Like

Maybe because it’s not really a city, from it’s size it’s at best at Crossroads levels, and that stretches it i think :wink:
But i still like the look of it with my Velf-Warrior :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Silvermoon (Obviously)
  2. Zul’dazar (Looks amazing in general)
  3. Orgrimmar (I like spikes, Old Org was better though imo)
  4. Thunder Totem (It’s like Thunder Bluff but better)
  5. Shrine (Though I don’t like the new Vale, thanks Garry)
  6. Thunder Bluff (Meh)
  7. Suramar (Thanks to all the hostile enemies, making it useless. Also bad memories from Legion)

I take it Warspear and Undercity don’t count because they no longer exist.

This is the part where I have to disagree. Orgrimmar was never good in any incarnation. The Orcs should abandon Durotar and invade either Feralas or Stonetalon instead. Like, most of Stonetalon is already wrestled from the grip of the Night Elves with Teldrassil destroyed, and both have a whole bunch of resources that are essential for survival.

I liked Thrall’s Orgrimmar. It was serene in a sense. Calm. With a calm music around.

It was a good testimony to how orcs want to change the ways of their people and just live from now on.

Then came Garrosh with all the iron and spikes everywhere and brutal-I-am-going-to-kill-everyone music and it became obnoxious.

2 Likes

But the current music is great :frowning:

Yeaaaah… no.

I like Orgrimmar where it is. Especially the older version. Actually, the old version over the new one.

God I still remember dancing around the rooftops after finally killing LK25 HC.

2 Likes

Yeah, but yes. There is nothing about Orgrimmar that binds me in any way to this city. Even Thunderbluff and Echo Isles give me more Horde feelings and racial hub aesthetics than this massive summary of iron spikes, smoke, fire and “I smash ya face!” a city should not only be a garrison gone too big, but also a CITY. With enough room for living space and places you want to visit when there is no war going on. Like look at Stormwind and Boralus. The main castles, the city gravejard, an actual harbor looking harbor, the memorial for Varian/Daelin, the major training ground for new soldiers, a libary and the place of worship. Orgrimmar lacks too much of unique things that makes it stand out from other casual Horde fortress places/garrisons.

4 Likes

Yeah, because Kul Tiras and Stormwind have thousands of years before them, while Durotar was set up as a refugee nation for an alien race that recently crossed into the world.

That only says much of what you prefer to know about Orgrimmar though. Sorry if you don’t feel immersed in it, but it really did feel like a city in the older incarnations.

Also, Stormwind and Boralus as a city? You’ve got to be kidding me. In-game representation means screw all as a proper visual reference. I’d be laughing on the floor if in-game size was the legitimate size of the game world.