Rate your own faction's cities

World building on this scale is another alliance/human only privilege.

I support your opinion but I really don’t get where this nostalgia love is coming from.

Well, some people actually liked the Horde and didn’t just dislike the Alliance :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Both Orgrimmars where absouloutley unfitting for the major capital city and hub for the entire faction of the Horde. Only a complete overhaul rework can fix this. AND PLEASE Blizzard close those extra gates.

I don’t hate ALL of the Alliance. Just humans and their most fanatic sidekicks(High Elves). I am still leveling my Dwarf Priest currently, the only class I haven’t played yet.

Old Orgrimmar was the best city ever.

3 Likes

I know many old school gamers loved it and I respect that. It’s just not my glass of wine/cup of tea.

2 Likes

Let’s be real here.

Ironforge and Thunder Bluff were ALWAYS better.

2 Likes

Nope. Orgrimmar. A thing of beauty unimaginable, until Garrosh decided to put spikes on spikes.

1 Like

Nope.
Ironforge and Thunderbluff.

Later Exodar swiped the competition away. And Gilneas City rules too.

Orgrimmar was a nice play to feel orcish-without-demon-blood but that’s it.

1 Like

That was enough.

2 Likes

Thunder Bluff was still better, because Native Americans of the Great Plains!

1 Like

If I had to pick an all time favorite non Horde Capital it would indeed be Ironforge tho. Can’t not love it and the other dwarfs.

2 Likes

Dwarves/Dwarfs/Dawi/Khazad are beyond wonderful :heart:

3 Likes

I agree there. Ironforge still wins it out for me.

However, I do love the sight of a crashed ship. Hides

Also i’m not talking about rebuilding. I’m talking about the implementation and geography of a settlement and its capacity.

I’ll continue with the examples: You used Bladefist Bay as a poor comparison of a port? Yes, you’re right. IN-GAME WISE.

Know what else is a poor comparison of a port? Sunsail Anchorage and Quel’danas. DESPITE the fact that High Elves and Blood Elves have had a good role in building some of the best ships perfect for cutting across the water and gaining speed.

Yet in-game, we only see one. Just ONE ship with a shoddy excuse of a landing dock in the Sunsail Anchorage and only TWO at Quel’danas. This is why, I repeat for the third bloody time, that in-game representation doesn’t equal literal presentation.

Edit: I could have used Goldshire because it literally is only an inn, a blacksmith and a shackhouse, but I was afraid Erev’jin would turn it into some kind of human potential meme again.

2 Likes
  1. Darnassus (R.I.P)
  2. Dalaran
  3. Thunder Bluff.
  4. Silvermoon.

Best to worst:

Suramar
Silvermoon

The rest.

Such subtle yet powerful Alliance posting.

Also Exodar should be at the bottom of every list. Such an annoying and boring place.
I actually really like Shattrath (even though it’s obviously not an Alliance city), so I’m really hoping we’ll get an Outland v2 expansion someday. A reworked Shattrath could easily be #1.
Otherwise I’d rank it something like Boralus, Darnassus, Ironforge, Shadowforge, Stormwind and whatever else there is… and again, at the very bottom, the freaking Exodar.

Oh nice thread Erevien!

My picks are as follows

1. Ironforge
  2. Darnsassus (R.I.P.)
  3. Stormwind
  4. Gilneas
  5. Exodar

Burnt/10
Irradiated/10
Blight’d/10
Human Potential Central/10
Mana Bomb’d/10
Glorious Naval Base/10
Missing Ship/10
Good Tourist and mining Locale/10

3 Likes

Oh, I forgot to answer this one, shame on me! As a filthy two-factions, I will rates both.

Horde:
Silvermoon: 8/10
I love Silvermoon and Quel’thalas, it’s that environment that made me change to the Horde (that and the trolls), but it had not been updated since BC and it suffers greatly from this. It’s basically a giant square, with a small place on the side, and very much doesn’t feels like a real city. 8 for the aesthetic and overall theme, -2 pts for lack of update.

Suramar: 9/10
Like Silvermoon, Suramar’s theme and aesthetic is completly my wheelhouse, I adore the canals, I adore how it feels like a real city, with so much space, and quarters, and things to see. The folks who did it had fun, and it shows. I remove one point for the lack of a neutral phase for people to play in the rest of the city, and the way the buildings of the raid have been closed outside of it.

Orgrimmar: 4/10
Not as nice and nostalgic than pre-Cata Orgrimmar, too much metal, too cramped. Get a few points for the nice portal room. Loose a lot of points because I am forced to go here and I don’t like it.

Bilgewater Harbor: 7/10
I don’t like Bilgewater Harbor, the goblin theme of capitalism and explosives doesn’t appeals to me; but Bilgewater Harbor felt like an actual goblin city the last time I visited. (Granted it was a relatively long time ago.) And for that, for a city that is actually a city, I can give a bunch of points.

Thunder Totem: 6/10
Nice aesthetic, too small to feel anything like a city.

Thunder Bluff: 8/10
Like Thunder Totem but actually with the size to represent what it’s supposed too. I regret the lack of updates, the city would really gain from it, but I like it apart from that.

Echoes Isles: 7/10
Could do with more Voodoo. Like it, overall. It’s nice that the ship between Kalimdor and Zandalar go here.

Zuldazar: 6/10
Love it on principles; doesn’t stand the practice. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put the war table in the harbor and the portals all the way up here? Overall, it’s very pretty, I love the troll aesthetic, with gold and mesoamerican theme, but it doesn’t feels lived in and it’s a black mark for me.

**Undercity: ** 7/10
Like Bilgewater Harbor, the forsaken one is not an aesthetic that appeals much to me, but the city is build around it and it works. Love the fact that we could access the ruins above, by flying or the door now, and the Secret Passage to go in. Looses a few points because I’m still bitter about the loose of the old Brill.

Alliance:
Stormwind: 6/10
I actually likes that one. It looses many points for forcing me to go there even when I would uses others as my hub, and because I Do Not Like that monument to Varian instead of my park (I miss the park okay? It was the first place I roleplayed in WoW), but all in all, nice city. Portal room is awesome. Could use more open houses.

Ironforge: 8/10
Shall I say more? It could uses more open houses, but apart from that.

Darnassus: 9.5/10
Like Suramar, this one greatly appeals to my aesthetic, and get a 0.5 of nostalgia, as it was also the first city I visitied in WoW. I loved Darnassus dearly, still do. The canals, the temples, the trees, I love everything!

Telogrus Rift: ?/10
I’m honestly not too sure what to say here. It’s… a purple rock. Floating in the Void.
I do not have opinion on Telogrus Rift.

Boralus: 8.5/10
A very well made city, with different ambiances, a real feel that people lives here, a lot of details, I have little to say against Boralus! Could go with a bit less hostile mobs in, perhaps.

Vindicar: 6/10
Too small inside, no real spots to play in. But it’s nice to looks at Azeroth via the window.

Gnomeregan (theorically): 0/10
Not an actual city. Doesn’t even have the aesthetic appeals to me to save it.

Gilneas: 7/10
Right now, it’s a bit empty, but I really like Gilneas. The cathedral is magnificent, I love those water spots on the side, and you may have noticed a theme by now. Yup, I love canals.
Good on you Gilneas, good on you.

Blackrock: ?/10
So the thing is, I do have a Dark Iron, but… She was race changed. I still haven’t visited the city part of Blackrock so, uh, no opinion yet.

Exodar: 7.5/10
Like Silvermoon, it’s something that I like in principles but that suffers from both the lack of updates and the execution at the time. Too small, too broken despite it being 13 years; but I am still in love with the shaman quarter. (I love water, okay?)

I feel like I’m forgetting an Alliance city but I’m not sure which, so eh, good enough for now!

2 Likes

Now wouldn’t it be so much cooler if:

Suramar replaced Darnassus
Auchindouin or Shattrath replaced Exodar.

i’m fine iwth Ironforge and Stormwind being what they are.