RBG tank viability - Druid too strong

For rated battlefgrounds, the only viable tank is a guardian druid, and it is because of the legendary “Legacy of the Sleeper” which makes them immune to CC

At least for dragonflight it’s a talent with a duration of 10 seconds, but combined with their mobility as a flag carrier, and cc immunes for flag defence, they are the only viable tank for RBG’s

Demon hunters used to be a viable tank pick aswell, but now they aren’t even worth a glare compared to the god tank of rbg’s

In my opinion, i don’t enjoy tanks in 3v3 or 2v2, and think the spec should only be balanced towards RBG’s in pvp for their pvp talents. It’s not a hard take, because i’ve experienced a lot of players share the same opinion.

TL;DR

Tanks are cool in rated battlegrounds, not arena, but please make other tanks than druid viable.

We hate waiting and desperately picking any guardian queueing for our rbg pugs

2 Likes

I think no one at Blizzard plays rbg. They’d never introduced something like Night Fae Shapeshift and combine it with druid mobility otherwise.

Yeah, it’s utterly broken for ages and covenant made it worse.

But they really encouraged people through great rewards of both conquest and honor this expo, which brought more people to the lfg

But i’ve got a burning passion for tanks (in pvp) to be a RBG / BG only thing. It just makes more sense, and would make the pvp aspect better that way

i’d say same thing about range dps there are only affli and balance pushing now :roll_eyes:

Guardians are just too good and have been for a long time. I don’t understand why this is not fixed quickly because it is something that is broken.

When a role is 100% dominated by a single spec - change something, fix it.

Finding a tank is very hard in LFG partly because of this and then there are the very real balance issues of Druids being too strong. They are too hard to kill and they can’t be capped on - I am not saying that a tank should be able to be capped on - perhaps other tanks need buffing in this respect.

On a point of principle and with some exceptions, you should be able to play the spec you enjoy and have viability in PVP, pretty much every other role in the game has this to some degree and Blizzard are constantly changing things with this goal.

So why is this not happening with respect to tanks in RBGs? Genuinely puzzling.

2 Likes

Yes, i also failed to mention how well they can defend a point compared to the other tanks.

Balancing some pvp talents (or something) to make other tanks lucrative in these positions would be great, so people who enjoy playing tanks in pvp can play the class they desire, and not the one they have to

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.