Re-subbed for classic

In the last days I have read a lot about classic and how to spec my warlock and all the possibilities you had back then. Then i re-subbed and looked at my near empty BfA ability-bar. How could you ruin this game so much? There is no depth left, this is like playing Diablo! :frowning:

2 Likes

Lots of abilities is not depth, itā€™s width. How many abilities do warlocks use in a boss fight in Classic and now?

7 Likes

Ok then, buddy.

Try opening your spell book and drag your abilities on your action bar.

5 Likes

wasnt the highest single target dps build just the one where you end up spamming shadowbolt 99% of the time?

just like my mage who casted frostbolt over and overā€¦ vanilla was crap. lets not forget about soul shards taking up half the inventory lul

2 Likes

Classic WoW didnā€™t had a good class mechanics for warlock, but it has a great class fantasy.

1 Like

This pretty goblin lady is right, you had a lot of spells, yet most of em were never used in competitive gameplay, they were just there for the sakes of it, or just class fantasy or whatever :slight_smile: If anything, at least now every spell has a use, mostly.

1 Like

Add PvP to your competitive gameplay and most of your spells suddenly did have a use.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know what youā€™re playing but my lock in bfa has more than enough buttons to mash. I agree that they gutted the talents from the classic days but Iā€™m drowning in buttons :joy::joy::joy: x

The amount of buttons will not replace the actual good class game mechanics, yes now in Beta for azeroth you can mash more buttons then in classic, but in classic one skill/button had more meaningfull impact on your gameplay. Look right now you can mash your buttons like a lunatic, to get your juicy chaosbolt or buffed Tyrant, but single CC or interrupt will ruin all your preparation with ease. The best mechanical design at least for demo was in MoP/WoDā€¦you can like or hate metamorphosis as much as you like, but thing is, Demo in MoP had a perfect blend of amount of buttons that you had to press, and impact of this button mashing. On top of that, MoP demo had options during your gameplay, likeā€¦

• Do I wanna spend all my demonic fury to deal damage, or to use it to get away from the battle.
  • Do i wanna use second demon from grimoire of service, or i wanna use my stronger demons from grimoire of supremacy
  • Do i need a dark regeneration talent or ā€œharvest lifeā€ talent is more suitable for my gameplay.

Classic design has more meaningful progress design then a BFA, all your spells, all your talents has some usefulness for you, like if i put 3 talents in Improved voidwalker https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=18707/improved-voidwalker, not only i will get the better tanking capabilities for a void, but also i will gain improved shield for a Sacrifice https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=19442/sacrifice, and this will give me more edge in PvP or dire PvE situations.

Right now in BFA, current design and tech problems ruins all possible options for Demo. You has two talents that designed for the same purpose Demonic calling and Master summoner. Or Demonic strength is a just buffed Felstorm, and Demonic strength works against current Demonology designā€¦a master summoner that summons various demons to serve him or her, are forced to play with speciefic demonā€¦good freaking job blizz!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.