Real ID ignore

Ok Lets face it ignore function is very outdated.
I can max ignore 20 characters. Does not work against people who create new characters and changes names. So my suggestion is to create a real Id ignore function. We all have played with people that ruined our fun that we were trying to have. This also seems to be getting worse and worse. People quitting mythic + dungeons people hasing other people flaming them not even giving people who makes one mistake a second chance before ruining their day. Something has to change the attitude and how to do it is REAL ID IGNORE!

It has no limitations you can ignore as many real ID as you want.
When u use real ID ignore against a person who bend you over and let you have it. you will ignore that person and ALL HIS OR HERS CHARACTERS on all their accounts. That person will no longer be able to write to you in any way or form or play with you.
If you join a group with one person you have on this ignore list his portrait will be a poisen vial so it will let you know and you can decide wether to leave group or not. However if you create a group the person can not queue to your group unless u specifically invites that person.

A person who gets on this ignore list can use BEG function begging for you to drop the ignore.
The person can not leave a message only send a request to beg for forgivnes.

This will keep toxic people on their toes and think twice before their stupid actions like constantly hasing a person or leaving a mythic + run after 2 seconds of the timer or leaving when only last boss remains but since timer got ruined they leave. Or worst off all those who queue up for mythic raid and leaves after 1 boss is dead.

This will make game civilized again.

1 Like

For the time being, you could use this: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/global-ignore-list

Your mindset is quite narrow if “leaving when only last boss remains” or “leaves after 1 boss is dead” qualifies for the ignore list. People with different motives try to achieve their goals. If they have fulfilled it or can’t achieve it anymore, why should they stay besides of goodwill? Others might say, you are intolerant and selfish, demanding others to help you achieving your goals.

I don’t see why Blizzard should encourage social ignorance. Especially the “BEG function” without leaving any note does not provide personal interaction. Rather it provides the opportunity to mortify a second time.

Narrow. Your logic does not make sence.
First this list will give consequences for your actions in gameplay both for the person who repeatedly gets ignored and for the one that ignores alot of people. But you fail to see this it seems.

The examples I gave is just a few that one might encounter on their gameplay. There are other reasons too but the ignore function we have today with the current gameplay is obsolete and needs improvement like a real id ignore list.

And including note in beg function is just silly and should so not happen as a person might ignore someone for hasing them over a long period and allowing them to keep writing to the person after being ignored is something that should not be a possibillity and shows the error of you logic.

I BEG you to stop making ridiculous threads.

If anyone deserves to be universaly ignorored, its you, for making this absurd thread.

I dont think it is ridiculous and if u thinks so just makes me think there is something wrong with you how you do personal attacks rather than tell what you think is wrong with the suggestion and remain objective. Something you have shown that you are not capable of.

1 Like

That’s what you expect but it is not a given. You could randomly ignore everyone via that list. Therefore there is no link to actions in gameplay. Plus your examples clearly state that the reason is simply opinion based.

Furthermore you already can be ignored. The only thing you wanna change is that you want to ban the person and every alt of him from interacting with you.

If you would’ve state that you wanna ignore people who show suppressive or discriminative behaviour, I maybe would be on your side. This does not change will playing another character. But you pointed out cases in where people leave usually of progress or optimization oriented content where they only care for something specific like loot of the first mythic boss or some Rio score on a specific dungeon. Atleast my motives change when playing alts as being alts.

That’s what you expect but it is not a given. You could randomly ignore everyone via that list. Therefore there is no link to actions in gameplay. Plus your examples clearly state that the reason is simply opinion based.

Well it is a fact that is bound to happen it as the system is used. No link to action to gameplay I am unsure what you are aiming for it is an ignore list and therefor personalised to a persons prefrence.
Yes I agree totallty opinion based but will after time change how people may interact withother people due to maby longer times to find group or forming group or get a dramatic wakeup call when they see that alot of people they try to whisper is ignoring them or no longer seeing queues in the lfg system.

Furthermore you already can be ignored. The only thing you wanna change is that you want to ban the person and every alt of him from interacting with you.

Yes that is the point, and the system works both ways if u constantly ignore someone. lets say you do a dungeon and you have been stuck at a boss for 30 mins and one leaves group as he sees it is hopeless even after writing clear tactics but no one listen. and the people in the group ignores such a person they will use the system against what is good for them and eventually will relise it is not valid to ignore a person for doing that. as they will be ignoring alot of people. Even for arena lets say you queue with a 1600 person and you are at 1700 you loose first game and the 1600 ignores you and leaves he will be ignoring alot of people. Or the 1700 person could leave group but instead of starting hasing the person after the loss they might think hey maby he will get better later I rather tell the person that they dont want to continue in a polite manner to avoid ignore.

If you would’ve state that you wanna ignore people who show suppressive or discriminative behaviour, I maybe would be on your side.

It can be subjective what one might find as discriminative behaviour so you cant have an ignore system based on one persons ideals it has to be with the player what they like or dont like. A person might find a nickname cute and funny while another person might find it compleatly offensive.

This does not change will playing another character. But you pointed out cases in where people leave usually of progress or optimization oriented content where they only care for something specific like loot of the first mythic boss or some Rio score on a specific dungeon. Atleast my motives change when playing alts as being alts.

Yes I see motive changes when playing alts but this is the whole point of the real ID ignore is to give a fear of consequence. if u join a group that says 3 first bosses or mythic weekly run not in time or for weekly chest Think about queuing before joining like think is this what I want to do now join this group that wants to take their time doing the 15 for completion do I want to join this group and rush them into completing it in time and leave if they dont without telling them or should I trie join someone elses group that share the same goals as mine.

First, this would’ve been already covered with the current ignore system. That such a “problem” remains, proves that your premise does not hold.

Second, your idea is essentially behviour prescription via social discrimination. Coming from germany, I am really glad that this is not the status quo.

It already exists. Reporting people who use discriminative language will result in a chat ban.

I am not a Social Justice Warrior. If I speak about discrimination, I mean things like “take anyone but no russian” or “history explains why you all germans are so angry” (when I pointed out in sarcasm that he essentially demands a boost when he declines people with 400 rio above him).

Yet, I didn’t hear an argument which is not already covered in one or the other way by the current system or points to enforce social discrimination which I highly reject.

First, this would’ve been already covered with the current ignore system. That such a “problem” remains, proves that your premise does not hold.

No it is not cowered current ignore system makes you only able to ban 20 character or so. That is roughly the same as the amount of characters 1 person can make. When you ignore someone at the current time the person who ignores can still write to the person he or she ignores. When you ignore a character that ignore is not transferred to the other characters you have

Second, your idea is essentially behviour prescription via social discrimination. Coming from germany, I am really glad that this is not the status quo.

There is no discrimination about that the current ignore system is basically the same only obsolete and outdated and real Id ignore would be in line with the intended function of the ignore function we have today.

It already exists. Reporting people who use discriminative language will result in a chat ban.

No. here you are unfamilliar with blizzards reporting system
If you alone report a person for discriminative language nothing will happen.
If many does it his account will be silenced no matter if he did it or not. You would have to appeal in order for it to get fixed if you did nothing wrong.
I once made a group for a raid in 8.3 alot queued for it and only thing I wrote was fresh run. I declined all who queued and short time after I had a silenced account. I had not written or done anything else had been away 1 week not playing logged in created that group in group finder then silenced. Appealed blizzard spent 48 hours going through appeal so longer than the silence.

I am not a Social Justice Warrior. If I speak about discrimination, I mean things like “take anyone but no russian” or “history explains why you all germans are so angry” (when I pointed out in sarcasm that he essentially demands a boost when he declines people with 400 rio above him) .

There are people who would find it toxic that a person joins an english realm instead of russian and yet names their character with russian letters and only speaking russian. I might not be a person who finds this toxic behavior but some do.

Yet, I didn’t hear an argument which is not already covered in one or the other way by the current system or points to enforce social discrimination which I highly reject.

I have pointed out several ways where current ignore system falls short and how a system like real Id ignore would revitalize this function. If you feel real Id ignore would be social discrimination then you dont really have a valid argument for the current ignore system not to.

It has to be at least 50. I have 43 on my ignore list. I could clear it for the most part since I’ve gathered them over the course to build up my rio. I should have surpassed the very most of them.

I am glad there is none in status quo. But with statements like this:

you clearly advocate “behviour prescription via social discrimination”.

Since we cleared previously that your standards to ignore people are not everyones, your premise does not hold. there are lots of players who are supporting the “toxic” behaviour since they think it is an appropriately way to deal with it. according to their motives and circumstances, it can be totally reasonable.

the current ignore system is not bound to any ideas like ‘if people notice many ignores, then they will change’ which is your idea essentially.
I have shown above that the motives change during playing an alt rather than a progress character, therefore, banning real id is to ban a person from every content you might encounter.

Now you need an argument why it is necessarily to ignore a person instead of a character.

• The amount of ignore is not a valid argument since you can extend it with the given addon above. I assume that also that “global” means all characters.
    This does not mean that I see any necessity in a “global ignore”. It emphasizes exclusion over tolerance. I highly doubt that somebody who leaves on a key (anything alike) disqualifies himself as a ‘bad person’.
  • Stating that the system is “outdated” appears to be no argument formally.
  • “real ID ignore is to give a fear of consequence.” (ultimately with a forced behaviour change) is what I’ve discussed long above. Long story short, the underlying premise does not hold and the “consequence” would be partially social isolation.

Maybe I missed a crucial point but from what I’ve read, there is no particular reason which requires real ID ignores over current ignores. All argumentations in the direction to change other players behaviour appear really intolerant to me.

Apparently I am not allowed to post links in this thread but had a nice one for you about social discrimination

Your argument that this is social discrimination is not valid as the system will benefit all people and does tot discriminate against anyone. There is no person who would not be able to use real Id ignore.

It has to be at least 50. I have 43 on my ignore list. I could clear it for the most part since I’ve gathered them over the course to build up my rio. I should have surpassed the very most of them.

Well 50 is not much and considering a person can delete and create other characters they can easily fill up someones ignore list.

you clearly advocate “behviour prescription via social discrimination”.
Since we cleared previously that your standards to ignore people are not everyones, your premise does not hold. there are lots of players who are supporting the “toxic” behaviour since they think it is an appropriately way to deal with it. according to their motives and circumstances, it can be totally reasonable.

This is a wrong drawn conclusion read up social discrimination as The system will not discriminate against a certain group of people.

the current ignore system is not bound to any ideas like ‘if people notice many ignores, then they will change’ which is your idea essentially.
I have shown above that the motives change during playing an alt rather than a progress character, therefore, banning real id is to ban a person from every content you might encounter.

When blizzard created this in vanilla back in the day it was the exact intention. Playing on 1 server you would quickly notice and try to make amens when u saw someone ignored you and you would ask a friend politely to ask the ignoring person to why you were ignoring and then ask for forgiveness

Yes that would make people more considerate towards others at is gives consequence for their actions. But you are wrong about banning this system does not ban a certain group of people, all can use it. It is an improvement compared to ignore system we have today that falls short due to the amount of characters one can create and merging between realms etc.

Now you need an argument why it is necessarily to ignore a person instead of a character.

Again as I have said multiple times it is subjective to why one would ignore someone it is simply a tool to make your gaming time more pleasant. You need this system to keep up with the other features blizzard has created through these 15 years.

• The amount of ignore is not a valid argument since you can extend it with the given addon above.

I dont want to use an addon to play this game and would like to keep it that way. So my argument is valid. People have different preferences to how they play the game.

I assume that also that “global” means all characters.
This does not mean that I see any necessity in a “global ignore”. It emphasizes exclusion over tolerance. I highly doubt that somebody who leaves on a key (anything alike) disqualifies himself as a ‘bad person’.

Think you ment qualifies. Ignore systems in general is to exclude a person you dont want to play with again. But the system itself does not exclude anyone from using it, and this was the intention back in vanilla when the idea was that most would mainly play only one character and only play on one realm. Through time with merging of realms and most playing more characters than 1 it ruined this system.

• Stating that the system is “outdated” appears to be no argument formally.

It has had no updates since vanilla 15 years. That system is very outdated also mentioned 2 reasons above to why it is outdated.

• “real ID ignore is to give a fear of consequence.” (ultimately with a forced behaviour change) is what I’ve discussed long above. Long story short, the underlying premise does not hold and the “consequence” would be partially social isolation.

Fear of consequences is a good thing and would help people actually be more in line with their personality rather than totally leaving that side behind when entering the game

Maybe I missed a crucial point but from what I’ve read, there is no particular reason which requires real ID ignores over current ignores. All argumentations in the direction to change other players behaviour appear really intolerant to me.

Yes you did. The system does not change your behavior it simply makes one respond using the polite and empathic side of the persons personality it does not change them. It is just a tool.

Sum up you say the system would socially discriminate.

This is a false statement as the system itself is for everyone to use. So that is a fact. Read the wiki link.
And how the system is used would not give more social discrimination or social exclusion than the real id friends list.

You say the ignore list we have today holds with the 50 people you can ignore.
This is not true as 1 person as I have mentioned can fill that list up making the tool we have now obsolete.

You say this change behaviors of people I would disagree and say it rather help keep peoples personality intact when entering the game.

I played in 4 months roughly 300 Keys in time and probably deplete more than that. I played it mostly Pug since I started over with a friend on the horde faction while I played and developed all social/progressive boundaries on ally in legion. Furthermore I progressed/developed the most playing depleted high keys in legion, though I know that a depleted key in Pug was essentially dead at that time.

So I basicly come with nothing but some fundamental concepts about m+ and geared/played myself up deep in the expansion. I came with the preconcept that leaving is not an option at all and played a tone of keys of with players all of europe in a pug environment and started to build friendships.
In Legion I had upto 5 people on my ignore list and 43 now is by far the most I have forever. Nobody during all of that time was spamming me with alts and I am not quiet if somebody shame leaves, fake-dc’s or starts to question my competence based on mistakes they made. All count together, I see no requirement to have more than 50. Furthermore you can (or atleast could) extend this with addons.

Such an addon does not change your UI, gameplay or anything you would’ve notice ingame besides creating a list rotating people who you’d like to ignore through the ignore list. Your “I don’t play with any addon mentality” meanwhile it solves your problem without and side effects is quite absurd if you think about it.
Furthermore as stated above, I don’t see any requirement to use such anyways.

Meanwhile you clearly play a different game than I do since I need addons to gain more informations quicker which are crucial for my decision making. I would not be able to foresee and compensate mistakes of other players otherwise or in high keys coordinate cooldowns of the group as if they would be all mine.

You clearly want to ignore people to change their behaviour. You even include the false premise that everyone is on the same page when to ignore people leaving keys/dungeons to change this very behaviour. You try to discriminate all people who show a certain behaviour via social exclusion. This is intolerance par excellency.

It currently is and should be no more than a tool but you clearly want to drag it in a different direction. read above.

I would argue that you actually even need less. It is an open mystery that people who are anonymous tend to behave non-social. In comparison to vanilla, you play with alot of more people and they tend to be more asocial and more egoistic oriented but at the same time, you’ll probably see them once or twice in your wow pug time again.
I argue that your problem only exist due to pug and ends right there, since it is unlikely to get queued up with them another time.

There is no fear of consequence which is grounded. The player base is simply too large unless you play online with the upper 1% player base.

You literally initiated the discussion with examples where people just left a dungeon/raid before or after a boss. I already quoted and responded to it above.

I played in 4 months roughly 300 Keys in time and probably deplete more than that. I played it mostly Pug since I started over with a friend on the horde faction while I played and developed all social/progressive boundaries on ally in legion. Furthermore I progressed/developed the most playing depleted high keys in legion, though I know that a depleted key in Pug was essentially dead at that time. So I basicly come with nothing but some fundamental concepts about m+ and geared/played myself up deep in the expansion. I came with the preconcept that leaving is not an option at all and played a tone of keys of with players all of europe in a pug environment and started to build friendships.
In Legion I had upto 5 people on my ignore list and 43 now is by far the most I have forever. Nobody during all of that time was spamming me with alts and I am not quiet if somebody shame leaves, fake-dc’s or starts to question my competence based on mistakes they made. All count together, I see no requirement to have more than 50. Furthermore you can (or atleast could) extend this with addons.

I played at top 20 mythic + warrior tank in the world in legion and can account to well over 300 mythic timed runs across my 13 characters with lvl 120 fully geared. now in BFA season 4
The thing that I will benefit most of with a real ID ignore is that the ignore will go across all my characters directed towards players that intentionally ruin my fun. This real ID ignore will make sure I dont end up playing with one I did not like to play with multiple times across my characters. This I notice happens alot of the times because I dont bother memorising their nicks but when comparing my ignore list on the different characters I see alot of the same nicks from the same realms are being ignored.

The point of the system is not to ignore thousands of people it is to ignore less as I have said 1 person can basically fill up your list, that is a fact. Having a real ID ignore will make you ignore less people but at a way greater effect, it would actually be a system that would work.

Such an addon does not change your UI, gameplay or anything you would’ve notice ingame besides creating a list rotating people who you’d like to ignore through the ignore list

Yes it does this is a lie. Moment you download an addon it says so at the character login screen. and also forces you to deal with error messages that happen quite frequent after an update to the game.

. Your “I don’t play with any addon mentality” meanwhile it solves your problem without and side effects is quite absurd if you think about it.

No it is not I have never played with addons or intend to do so I consider it also to cheat when doing so but that is my opinion. When someone needs to download an addon in order to perform then that to me is effectivly cheating. like an athlete using performance enchansing drugs. This has also had a sad effect on the game making you see cast timer bars and you get warnings in game instead of looking for cool animations the bosses do.
It is the principle and calling it absurd is yet just another personal attack you take too in order to validate your points witch is highly subjective.

Furthermore as stated above, I don’t see any requirement to use such anyways.
Meanwhile you clearly play a different game than I do since I need addons to gain more informations quicker which are crucial for my decision making. I would not be able to foresee and compensate mistakes of other players otherwise or in high keys coordinate cooldowns of the group as if they would be all mine.

Whole post you made so far seems to be drifting way of the topic as it is not about downloading addons it is about Real ID ignore.

You clearly want to ignore people to change their behaviour. You even include the false premise that everyone is on the same page when to ignore people leaving keys/dungeons to change this very behaviour. You try to discriminate all people who show a certain behaviour via social exclusion. This is intolerance par excellency.

Again a lie. Why you do so I dont know. I said that reasons behind ignore is highly subjective. I never said that all finds those examples given as a reason to ignore. But that the common thing I tried to draw in the first post I made is that we all have had a reason to ignore. But the system we have now is flawed and I have mentioned how to improve it.

It currently is and should be no more than a tool but you clearly want to drag it in a different direction. read above.

Incorrect Read what I wrote so far and let it stick with you before assuming.

I would argue that you actually even need less. It is an open mystery that people who are anonymous tend to behave non-social. In comparison to vanilla, you play with alot of more people and they tend to be more asocial and more egoistic oriented but at the same time, you’ll probably see them once or twice in your wow pug time again.
I argue that your problem only exist due to pug and ends right there, since it is unlikely to get queued up with them another time.

This is incorrect about that I am unlikely to get queued up with people just once. I have as I mentioned experienced to queue up with people I have ignored on one character across my other characters multiple times.

There is no fear of consequence which is grounded. The player base is simply too large unless you play online with the upper 1% player base.

It will be so if it is implemented as there is actually an ignore function that work unlike now where we have an ignore system that does not work and is pointless to use. I even see no people bothering to use it even when telling them they can use the ignore function if they dont like all the hasing one person puts them throu throughout a dungeon run.
Like the other day we went waycrest manor 15 and this rogue was bashing on this tank for being squishy from the first room all the way to third boss where tank just quit because he was harrased too much to bother. Even after being told he can ignore the person with the ignore function. That alone shows blizz needs to update that ignore system after 15 years.

You literally initiated the discussion with examples where people just left a dungeon/raid before or after a boss. I already quoted and responded to it above

If you had understood what I wrote you would see why you are way off. The system is not showing any bias towards any person it will simply be a tool -.-.

I highly doubt that you play high keys, considering that…

• complain about people who value efficiency over goodwill
  • play 13 characters full geared (since for most of the expansion one maxed geared alt could mean a day job (essences, corruptions, avoidence items))
  • play without fundamental addons like zen tracker, mythic dungeon tools or details to min/max
  • your example is about bossfights which are (unless multiple groups are dragged into it) the most foresee-able fights
  • you consider addons as a cheat-tool meanwhile it can be required to prevent one hits of archer shots via externals like safe guard or just shockwave.

You want to ignore persons instead of characters, assuming they “intentionally ruin [your] fun”. People might change eventually “(…) instead of hasing the person (…) to avoid ignore (…)”. “point of the real ID ignore is to give a fear of consequence.”

Well… you remind me of politicians who argue one way for hours and then if they are confronted with it, they claim that they have everything done for a different way.

Even if the reasons behind a report are suggestive (which I never doubted), all your argumentation is about to enforces ignores such that people might change their behaviour due to the social feedback via ignores.

This is already provided with the ignore function. Enhancing the ignore function essentially enhances the social feedback via ignores.

What you call “bias” is just an argumentation, you brought up, obviously not realising it.

I highly doubt that you play high keys, considering that…

• complain about people who value efficiency over goodwill
  • play 13 characters full geared (since for most of the expansion one maxed geared alt could mean a day job (essences, corruptions, avoidence items))
  • play without fundamental addons like zen tracker, mythic dungeon tools or details to min/max
  • your example is about bossfights which are (unless multiple groups are dragged into it) the most foresee-able fights
  • you consider addons as a cheat-tool meanwhile it can be required to prevent one hits of archer shots via externals like safe guard or just shockwave.

Hey this is so far off topic but I had brutus- horde orc on grim batol that was very high rated at that time. But what you doubt or not is irrelevant keep to the topic. just another evidence that you are unable to keep to topic and be professional and think logically.

You want to ignore persons instead of characters, assuming they “intentionally ruin [your] fun”. People might change eventually “(…) instead of hasing the person (…) to avoid ignore (…)”. “point of the real ID ignore is to give a fear of consequence.

Yes that is what ignore is for if someone delibratly goes after you to ruin your fun the ignore is there to help you in a way that the person who wants to do that is prevented to do so to you in an effective manner. Unlike the ignore does now. Yea one can change that is why the beg function would serve as the purpose to be forgiven for past events that lead to the person being ignore. This will ofc be up to the person who made the ignore to remove it towards that person. But you missed that point even thou I mentioned it in the very first post.

Well… you remind me of politicians who argue one way for hours and then if they are confronted with it, they claim that they have everything done for a different way.

No I have not claimed anything different from the original post, even thou you assume so is your flaw in logical thinking abilities and shows it in the posts.

Even if the reasons behind a report are suggestive (which I never doubted), all your argumentation is about to enforces ignores such that people might change their behaviour due to the social feedback via ignores.

Point of the Real Id ignore function is to give better tool to help people get a better gaming day. What you think of me is really irrelevant and my reasons to ignore a person is different from what lets say your reasons are. Everyone would get the tool no one would be excluded from it, and it would give back the purpose to what the ignore function was intended.

This is already provided with the ignore function. Enhancing the ignore function essentially enhances the social feedback via ignores.

No it is not provided by the current ignore system, as mentioned it is a fact that one person can basically fill that list up by being adamant enough. Especially since 1 person can have 8 accounts with multiple characters. So the statement that ignore already provides this is inaccurate and false statement that is not true and can be misleading to people who reads this. I have given a accurate picture of how current ignore system is flawed.
15 years old without change very limited to how many characters can be ignored. Does not really help to ignore 1 character when the same person who you ignored can make 50 other characters then ignoring 1 of his characters does not really help now does it.

What you call “bias” is just an argumentation, you brought up, obviously not realising it.

I have my own bias when I came with the examples but when I thought of the Real ID ignore I think it objectivly would serve as very good tool way better than what the ignore functions does today which is basically nothing as it is pointless to use.
However when I read your post it is pretty clear you mostly use assumptions and and heavy bias when writing and anyone who reads what you write can see it as u use those words in the text.

I would like thou if u would like to keep to topic and not derail as you seem to derail more and more off topic and I want to keep to topic of real ID ignore.

It is not off-topic since it determines your mindset. When you said top 20, I thought of europe or world rather than server. I am not sure whether you encountered the problems which I was refering to gameplay-wise. Therefore optimizations in gearing (and obviously gameplay) were probably not required. So your mindset is not so drawn on efficiency.

On the further reading you try to challenge me on the logic but you only state and do not argue.

There are only a very few possiblities:

1. you ignore some character on your current character
  2. you ignore some character on all of your character
  3. you ignore some character + alts who write you on your current character
  4. you ignore all characters (essentially the player) who disgusted you in some way or another

1 to 3 is totally in your hands. Your system would only change 4. Meanwhile you can’t know the impact of 4 right now because you don’t know whether it is an alt, a second account or another person.

You miss the point that there is a large branch of player base which comes with a different mindset and have good reasons to act in the way what disgusts you. If you wanna speak about personal harrasment, then the Blizzard mute/ban system is actual your topic.

Real ID ignore emphasizes exclusion of the player rather than the character.

• While the ignore of the character is useful since you try to encounter something with incompatible mindsets, it simply does not work out for you both (intolerance to the players mindset on that character).
  • While the exclusion of the player is a statement that one personally has to change to interact again (intorelance to the player person).

The assumption that people queue up just to mess with the enjoyment is for the very most part a myth (atleast on a regular basis).

It is not off-topic since it determines your mindset.

Yes it is, this just shows your fail at logic. my mindset too is irrellevant for the suggetion again fail at logic.

The suggestion itself is a tool that is an improved version of inore function we have today that does not work. Have proven this by deducing to the fact that one person can fill up your list and that the consept that a person can create 2 paladins on the same realm that has the almost identically names that you can not tell apart since one use a nick like hillo or hĂŽllo witch is so identicall and with the same person playing those characters it would be very likly you want to ignore both those characters if u wanted to ignore one of them considering the same person playing them.

When you said top 20, I thought of europe or world rather than server. I am not sure whether you encountered the problems which I was refering to gameplay-wise. Therefore optimizations in gearing (and obviously gameplay) were probably not required. So your mindset is not so drawn on efficiency.

it was in the world.

On the further reading you try to challenge me on the logic but you only state and do not argue.

already showed u multiple times where you fail at logic. you might confuse rational for logical. but this is an assumption on my part that u do this mixup and it is also derails the thread in a way I would prevent it from going as it is about real ID ignore and not about your ability to think logically or my agenda other than to give the suggestion of this improved version of ignore.

1 to 3 is totally in your hands. Your system would only change 4. Meanwhile you can’t know the impact of 4 right now because you don’t know whether it is an alt, a second account or another person.

already mention different ways where your points 1-3 falls short, and an improvment is needed.

You miss the point that there is a large branch of player base which comes with a different mindset and have good reasons to act in the way what disgusts you. If you wanna speak about personal harrasment, then the Blizzard mute/ban system is actual your topic.

Already mentioned the flaw or the report system as it mostly does not take into account single reports unless you go through a lengthy process and have to provide screenshots and times and dates of such events and where a REAL ID ignore could give you a solution against this in a heartbeat.

Real ID ignore emphasizes exclusion of the player rather than the character.

Not anymore than Real ID friends.

• While the ignore of the character is useful since you try to encounter something with incompatible mindsets, it simply does not work out for you both (intolerance to the players mindset on that character).

this is not correct as I have shown multiple ways how useless current ignore function is. It is not intolerance to want to tailer your gameplay to sooth your mindset better to prevent being exposed for such.

• While the exclusion of the player is a statement that one personally has to change to interact again (intorelance to the player person).

It is not an exlusion tool like you describe it, you could argue that Real ID friends excludes players in a same more rapid way than a real ID ignore that would be most effectivly used to avoid playing the game with others that has shown to you in one way or another that they are willing to ruin your fun.

The assumption that people queue up just to mess with the enjoyment is for the very most part a myth (atleast on a regular basis).

Some do that is just a fact happened multiple times to me over the 15 now soon 16 years I have played this game, now it does not happen often but when it does the ignore system falls short that we have today and with the amount of time it would take to get in contact with blizzard and send in evidence it has already ruined ones gameplay over multiple days perhaps weeks.

Again you don’t argue but state something about logic. :slight_smile:

In that post, I state that I came with an incompatible mindset, played alot in 4 months and still I don’t struggle with the size of my ignore list. This does not show that there is a problem or not, it simply gives a different perspective to your underlying premise that there is a problem.

You confirmed that you were biased on reasons to ignore. I simply emphasize the point that you don’t take other perspectives/mindsets into account and therefore your ignore lists fills alot faster than mine.

To clear whether you think in different mindsets, the gameplay on high rating would prove it because it is a requirement. According to Rio you played around rank 80.000 world with keys around +15 to +19. Since I can’t find any changes to mythic+ scaling from 7.3 to 7.3.2, I am questioning whether a mindset drawn of efficiency was required to achieve it.

to clearify, argueing means:

premise 1: if a, then b
premise 2: if b, then c
conclusion: such that if a -> c

You do not argue if you state a -> c without checking your underlying premisses.

1-3 fells short in the instance that it is not comfortable to transfer on multiple characters via Blizzard ui. This is a problem which you create for yourself by declining working addons to match the 13 different characters you play.

1-3 does not fall short in the instance that it lays in your hand since the tools are given.

Real ID friends and real ID ignore is not the same thing as you wanna make it here. By taking friends, you do not reject somebody of the group unless you kick somebody for your friend. When your friends are offline, you still play with the other guys in a pug environment. Please start to argue why both should be alike.

Ignoring means exclusion, maybe not from the community as a whole but from the groups you are in. Think it through. You are in pug raid and somebody wants to join, does he see or not see the raid due to your ignore list? If he sees it, you probably want to notice it, since that’s all your point. If you get a message this player is … and you have ignored him, do you wanna stay? What happens if multiple just leave due to somebody joining. The raid will most-likely break apart. People will even notice the name and guess that he probably is not a good match to play with, even though the break-apart has a different cause.
You also run into privacy issues since you can track down characters when you start deleting people of your ignore list till there is one left: the remaining is inside the group. You can use it to track people down and dox them, such that to need a new account if a larger group mocks him.

I am really glad, I do not encounter that many persons who look at it through the eyes of exclusion.

Again you don’t argue but state something about logic. :slight_smile:

In that post, I state that I came with an incompatible mindset, played alot in 4 months and still I don’t struggle with the size of my ignore list. This does not show that there is a problem or not, it simply gives a different perspective to your underlying premise that there is a problem

Even thou you might not struggle with that list others do. but you are unable to see past your own opinion since u dont struggle with it you also seem to think others don`t.

My argument is more solid then yours as you give the notion that there is no problem with the ignore wich is a way of giving a definite answer for what I stated. But my argument does not give a definite answer for everyone.

This is where your logic fails at heart and it can easely be proven by mathmatics as nothing is 100 % certain. Your statement says there is 100 % nothing wrong with ignore. Stating something like that is a fail at logic.

You confirmed that you were biased on reasons to ignore. I simply emphasize the point that you don’t take other perspectives/mindsets into account and therefore your ignore lists fills alot faster than mine.

I said I was biased when I use ignore list and friends list which reflect who I want to play with or not based on who I find friendly or not. and from my last written conclusion of where you fail it logic it is actually you who dont take others perspectives or mindsets into account. The argument you come with is to assume very much as not all get the exact experience when playing with other people. You can take lottery as an example. Not everyone who plays lotto will win the same amount in a finite lifespan. Some wins alot some wins less som loose all their money. But with an infinite life span the about of money you would loose on lotto would even out. But we all know this game has only lasted for 15 years so saying that we should have the same amount of ignored based of

I simply emphasize the point that you don’t take other perspectives/mindsets into account and therefore your ignore lists fills alot faster than mine.

Also shows how you fail in logic and empathy. As I have given an example that not everyones gaming day goes like yours. But you came with an argument that has an assumption that everyone gaming day does that but that we respond differently to it.

to clearify, argueing means:
premise 1: if a, then b
premise 2: if b, then c
conclusion: such that if a -> c

Arguing is: To put forth reasons for or against; debate, To attempt to prove by reasoning; maintain or contend, To give evidence of; indicate,To persuade or influence (another), as by presenting reasons, To put forth reasons for or against something and To engage in a quarrel; dispute

I will give you that you argue but I argue too. so your atempt at saying I do not argue is false, also shows you do not fully understand what arguing is. I dont intend to argue but do so when I see much bias doublestandards and demeaning attitude like I see with you.

You do not argue if you state a -> c without checking your underlying premisses.

False. My arguments are very logical and you can even test out my examples and see that they are true, which shows the shortcomings of the current ignore system and I have mainly given suggestion on how to improve this.
Just wrote what arguing means and showed you dont know what it actually means but you still are able too do it not that hard. If you look through my posts you see I argue aswell. But I trie to be logical and concise and succeed so more than you which is evident though out this thread.

1-3 fells short in the instance that it is not comfortable to transfer on multiple characters via Blizzard ui. This is a problem which you create for yourself by declining working addons to match the 13 different characters you play.
1-3 does not fall short in the instance that it lays in your hand since the tools are given.
Real ID friends and real ID ignore is not the same thing as you wanna make it here. By taking friends, you do not reject somebody of the group unless you kick somebody for your friend. When your friends are offline, you still play with the other guys in a pug environment. Please start to argue why both should be alike.
Ignoring means exclusion, maybe not from the community as a whole but from the groups you are in. Think it through. You are in pug raid and somebody wants to join, does he see or not see the raid due to your ignore list? If he sees it, you probably want to notice it, since that’s all your point. If you get a message this player is … and you have ignored him, do you wanna stay? What happens if multiple just leave due to somebody joining. The raid will most-likely break apart. People will even notice the name and guess that he probably is not a good match to play with, even though the break-apart has a different cause.
You also run into privacy issues since you can track down characters when you start deleting people of your ignore list till there is one left: the remaining is inside the group. You can use it to track people down and dox them, such that to need a new account if a larger group mocks him.
I am really glad, I do not encounter that many persons who look at it through the eyes of exclusion.

A tool can be used in many ways. You can use a knife to stabb someone or you can use it to cut a rope or shave someones beard or etc only examples I dont say these are the only reasons to use a knife.

Same with Real ID friends can be used to exclude everyone else other than those you want to play with. Sure one can play with randoms when your friends are offline but even so this tool can be used as segregation from the rest of the community. If someone uses that list as the only acceptable people to play with. They can forinstance only look up the highest scoring people on raiderio and add them to the list and only play with them. The same with guilds. The point I am trying to make here is that there will always be many ways to use a tool. Even though the intentions behind these tools are different.

Real ID ignore`s system will better help with the short phrase blizzard about how to ignore player. They say player but we are currently only able to ignore characters of that given player. So it is about time to update ignore function and give us a way to ignore players again that we dont want to play with due to various reasons.

Ignoring Players in World of Warcraft

Blizzards own words but they only show us how to ignore characters.
I have given examples how ignore function falls short and how Real ignore would triumph.