Realm Layering Update – English

Over the five weeks since we launched WoW Classic, we’ve continuously monitored realm populations and utilized layering when necessary to handle launch populations. As we’ve said before, we will have all realms on a single layer before introducing world bosses, and a great deal of progress has been made toward that goal.

First and foremost, players have leveled up and spread out around the world. This allowed us to accommodate more players per layer, which means fewer layers required per realm. The last time a server in this region had more than three layers was the first week of September, and almost all realms reached two layers shortly after that.

Along the way, some select realms reached their end-state of a single layer, and we locked that in. With a change we made earlier this week, the following WoW Classic realms are now permanently set to one layer:

• Bloodfang
  • Dragonfang
  • Earthshaker
  • Hydraxian Waterlords
  • Judgement
  • Ten Storms

Be on the lookout for another change that we will make in the coming days: soon, realms that are operating with more than one layer will indicate that on the realm selection screen. Those realms will say “Layered” in the realm list. Thereafter, you’ll only see the Full/High/Medium/Low markers for realms that are permanently set to one layer.

We plan to move more realms to a single layer over time, and we will continue to offer free character moves to balance populations and manage login queues. In order to avoid queues in the future, we encourage you to use that service as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!

62 Likes

Will you also be opening more Normal realms to transfer to?

I’m just trying to play, but more than 100 players at large in Barrens in NOT my Vanilla experience - not a full month and more after launch.

7 Likes

Is this why world servers are having troubles?

I’ve been trying to fly to the Hinterlands all afternoon to hand a quest in but keep getting kicked off/DCed in random places because of world server issues.

2 Likes

Yes, I would agree with that, it would be nice to see more normal servers, I know that PVP is very popular but so is PVE to a certain playerbase, I personally have always played PVE because then I can enjoy the game for what it is and not have to worry about being Ganked, Camped, Mind Controlled e.t.c … I prefer to have the choice of whether to enable my PVP flag or not.

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Oh, and a quick reminder to @Blizzard, do you realise what you created back in 2004/2005 and the impact it had, here are some examples:-

and, who could forget:-

Just so you know :smile:

5 Likes

Please consider to accelerate disabling of layers on RP realms. It might not be as important on other realms but RP realm must operate on a single world. I hate imagining that I missed some cool events or people because of layers.

14 Likes

Encouraging to see Blizzard kept on their promise to remove layering, I have to admit the cynical in me was skeptical they were going follow through on that.

Now please give us a fresh layering-free realm with no day-1 transfers, for those of us who have lost faith in the integrity of the game after all the ways layering was abused since launch.

I’m getting close to 60, got hundreds of gold and a robe of the archmage waiting at 57, but I would gladly leave all behind an reroll on a such a realm.

16 Likes

Sort out your servers to handle large scale pvp or world bosses will be terrible ty

5 Likes

Yet no news about pve realms.

3 Likes

Very glad to hear. Also please consider putting up a fresh PvE and RPPvP servers, not realms that will get destroyed by refugees from streamer-infested realms.

7 Likes

Yep I have to agree with you on that, they did say they were going to remove layering and, it seems they have and now are also enabling us to see this on the next update, that’s great

1 Like

Well hopefully Blizzard will realise that there are players that actually prefer PVE for the same reasons I mentioned earlier.

Let us see what happens :slight_smile:

fix the low amount of herbs and black lotus. way to many players on each server for thoes timers,’

1 Like

Why exactly are paid character transfers not a thing yet?

Alot of us are stranded now and close to quitting. What could possibly be worse than that outcome?

Just let us play where we want without having to re-level

2 Likes

Can you maybe start to offer free realm transfers from German to English Realms please. I’d rather switch to an lower pop english realm than a german realm :))

Hello, its really crazy trying to quest now. There is 5 players in my screen at all times. This is STV (so ye many people but this is stupid)

2 Likes

Glad to be in a single layer realm :slight_smile: Really noticeable.

6 Likes

Comfyshaker best realm eu.

2 Likes