Realm switch and money transfer questions

Hello everyone have two questions i need help on. Haven’t played wow in a good few months and have once again got the urge to play, my main character level 120 bm hunter on argent dawn and i am not interested in rp at all and the one guild i found has now finished, so looking to just switch realms now.
So first question is what realm would people recommend for my alliance hunter than would be easy to find a good active guild ?
Second question is i have a bunch of gold on a hord character i now have no interest in playing, i sold a token a while back, whats the best way to get the money over to my alliance character? I remember asking this question a while ago and there was a way but I forgot how its done now.

1. Argent Dawn.

Seriously. Silvermoon, Ravencrest, Outland, Frostmane are the main other possibilities, but it’s not clear to me that any is better than AD. You would not be wise to stick a pin in that list, transfer to one, and then hope that you will find a suitable guild there.

The grass on the other side is not greener. AD has plenty of non-RP guilds.

If I were starting on a new Alliance realm today, I’d pick AD. If could go back in time to when I started and advise my past self, I’d say AD. Of course, it may not actually be top for competitive play, but I’m not a competitive player, and AD attracts such a variety of people that it has, IMO, the best culture.

You need to ask yourself what you want a guild for, and what kind of guild do you want? You don’t raid, push M+, or do PvP, so what do you want from a guild? Would you do better looking for a Community or a Discord?

If you can define what you want in a guild, then find a guild that matches that, and transfer to it if necessary.

1. You can transfer gold via pets.

Buy a pet or pets on the AH of your Horde realm, using all your gold.

Cage the pet on your Alliance Hunter, sell it on the AH there.

You can make or lose gold on the deal, so choose carefully. The pet market is irrational. Buying cheap is the key here. Wait for a good underpriced pet or pets on your Horde realm. Also be aware that some recent pets are dropping in price very quickly as they become more common - drops from Islands, Charm pets - and these pets will lose value over the next couple of months.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/ will be useful here.

1 Like

Think i just want to meet some cool friendly people to have a laugh with maybe progress to raids and harder dungeons but mostly just a guild thats fun, wow is a great game but i always find i get bored after a month or two because none of my friends play the game.
Thanks for the pet tip i will start to look into that today. One last thing if I decide to make a hored character later should I avoid argent dawn i know theres alot of alliance on argent dawn so might find a pve guild but i am guessing it will be hard to find a pve guild for hord on this server ?

My best advice for meeting people: join many Communities and Discords. See who’s there. See what other communities and Discords they are in.

I have no guarantee this will work for you. But you have a much better chance that way than joining some random guild.

In AD specifically, have you checkd the realm forum and the Argent Archives? And isn’t there a realm Discord for AD?

I have no knowledge at all about Horde AD. Normally, I would never recvommend joining a realm/faction combination with less that 70:30 advantage to you, but AD might be an exception, because I have heard that there are some good Horde communities. I don’t know whather they are specifically RP-centric, though.

On this question, I will defer to Ashon, who often answers here, and who plays on AD Horde.

1 Like

Well answered Gráinne!
Majority of the RP on AD horde happens within the guilds themselves, some openly in Orgrimmar & Silvermoon. But honestly, you’d have to go and look for it now a days, it is quite rare and when you do come across to it the size and organiation of it is majestic. Either it is the Undead’s on their mission for their dark lady or the Blood Elves… Well doing what they ever do. :slight_smile:
I’ll mention my guild as an example which does not RP at all and we are casual raiding guild instead. There are quite some social guilds who do not RP or raid what I see on trade once in a while. I wouldn’t call AD horde side dead or quiet at all; has felt alive compared to many other servers I’ve played along the years actually.

Wait a sec. Is your Horde character also on Argent Dawn?

IF your Horde and Alliance characters are on the same realm, there is another way.

You can’t bid on your own auctions, even on a different character, but someone else can.

So your Alliance character can put up some andom grey piece of junk, or a piece of Linen Cloth or something, up for sale on the AH with a value of 150,000 gold.

Then your Horde character can give the gold to a friend to buy it.

Then your Alliance character gets the gold from the AH sale.

This will of course incur the AH fees of 5%, so you will lose that, but it is neat and clean and can be done immediately.

This does not work if your characters are on different realms.

If you want to do this, I can make a Horde character to help you with the sale. Just post and let me know.

1 Like

Yes that sounds perfect both my alliance and horde are on argent dawn, i wont be on until tomorrow lunch time and then we can do it then possibly?

I should be online then. I’ll take a look :slight_smile: What’s the name of your Horde alt, and which Horde AH that a level 1 can get to is handiest for that alt?

My horde character is called thegrinch i used a boost on him so hes level 100 not sure if that makes a difference or not about what ah are open to him

It doesn’t, but since I’ll be making a level 1, it limits what’s open to me. Orgrimmar is probably the easiest place to meet.

1 Like

Lunch is about over here. I’m off for a bit but will try to check in this afternoon. I’ve planted my Level 1 at the Ordrimmar AH, ready to go. Maybe tonight?

Sorry mate thats me just got in will be online in 10 mins and will be online for next 3-4 hours just let me know when ur on

Thanks for the offer but just going to wait for grainne

Sorry. Didn’t make it back. Will be up for a while if you’re still here. Otherwise, how are you tomorrow (Saturday)?

Yea should be on most of today just let me know when your going to be on

You on now?

Give me 5 mins and ill be on

K.

Take a piece of Linen Cloth or some useless grey item on Zeusgeorge and put it on the AH with a selling price of a little less gold than Thegrinch has.

I have logged my temporary Hordie Turgh and am standing at Org AH waiting

Just logging in now. I listed a ghastly ooze for 290,000 now login as horde with the gold ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.