Recomendation for returning dad <3

Hola everyone <3 Ive had a looong break from wow due to kids and just decided to get back into to it. The year before i took my break i went very casual and loved what the collecting (achievements, mounts, pets etc) side of wow had to offer. And i think i will continue with that. Back then i played a BM hunter and i could literally solo most part of the game except current content. Combined with engineering everything i did was so fast, everything from rep runs to old mount runs. Not only that, bm back then was sooo chill and relaxing to play. This time however i want to go melee but i dont really know what have changed and what not. What melee spec could you recommend in terms of beeing relaxing/forgiving to play and good for the casual playstyle im going for? (i dont care for numbers or whats FLM since it ever changing, i just want fun/relaxing and good for soloing).

Have a great day and stay safe out there <3
Cheers <3

Welcome back!

With the way scaling is now, you can solo almost everything below Shadowlands except BfA raids, I think, on any Level 60 with current patch basic gear (Ilevel 229-233).

You haven’t been gone that long. So you must be at least vaguely familiar with Demon Hunter.

DH is my Melee Spec of Choice for general farming and faffing about in old content. Great movement, and simple to play as long as you’re not trying to squeeze the last few percent out of your performance. And it has a tanking spec if you need it, which can use the same gear without changes. It’s just very smooth and pleasant to play.

Any Tank will also easily solo current Normal Dungeons using only World Quest gear from Zereth Mortis. (Ilevel 220+ should do fine).

Druid also has a Tank spec ofc, and more tools, like steath and instant flight form without dismounting when picking things up, if you’re trying any tricky achievements. Depends if you want to play as a Bear or Cat tho; if you don’t, it’s not worth it.

Personally, I’d pick Havoc DH or Prot Paladin just because I enjoy both of those, but really anything will do. For pre-Shadowlands content, neither your DPS nor your survivability will be even remotely an issue, and both of those have competent DPS and Tank specs in the few cases where you might need them.

Hi dad!!!how’s life?How are the kids?
take a look @ Ret pal or Dk…they have fairly easy burst windows,a ton of def CDs,heals…etc etc…or…go tank…you will never die,you will kill anything the game has to offer…any tank can do it…but is a bit time consuming…tanks have low single target dmg …they never die but some ZM elites may last for “A couple of minutes” before you get the kill…hope this helps dad…
Yours,
S.

Gráinne
Thank you for your input and i didn’t even consider the tank specs before reading your reply. Made sense and actaully something i should give a second thought :slight_smile: And what you said about DH using the same gear on both specs was something i didnt know. I liked that part. DH’s really have alot of good things dont they :slight_smile: Thank you for your reply <3

Hufflepuffy
LOL thanks kindly. The kids are doin great thanks <3 Yes like i replied to Grainne, i didnt even consider tank when i made this post, but you are both right about that. So will def choose a class with a tank spec. And yes, your reply do help alot. It’s so overwhelming coming back so every bit of advice and tip helps. Thank you again <3

1 Like

aww the kids are doin’ great!! awsome!!happy for that! <3
but yeah…if you are not planning some bleeding edge high keys pushing or some raiding guild stuff in to mythic raiding just roll a tank…you’ll roll over everything…low keys,short ques in stuff like LFR or normal raids ques…you can AoE farm what ever you want/need,ZM elites farming…old raids…etc etc…DPS specs like a ret pal a DK etc can do it too but they may struggle with long que times and may be snapped in 1 GCD if u are doing some mass AoE farm or old raids or so…
For tanks…i will recommend a bear or a Dh…they are a bit faster than others… DK/pal tanks are like REALLY slow but they get the job done anyway…
Anyhow…
Wish you all the best!
Yours,
S.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.