Remove PvP scaling in Shadowlands

TBC/WOTLK/Cataclysm :

• Getting gear increase your damage and survivability.
  • When you fight a player, if you have more gear than him, you get an advantage. If they want the same advantage, they had to farm gear.
  • No scaling, the damage you do is the same and doesn’t depend on target ilvl.
  • Spell damage are the same in PvE and PvP.
  • A PvP statistic available in PvP gear to reduce damage taken and crit chance from player : Resilience. If you want to fight in PvE gear, you know you’ll do more damage, but your survivability will not be like in PvP gear. You had to make a balance between PvE and PvP gear.
  • Proc : trinket, legendary weapon, passive.
  • Clear linear path about itemization : PvE content (dungeons and quests) => Battlegrounds (honor gear) => Arena (arena gear) and PvE raids (for the best trinket and legendary).

Easy to understand and reason about.

BFA :

• Getting gear doesn’t increase your damage and survivability.
  • Tank has damage modifier in PvP.
  • Spell are nerfed or buffed in PvP and doesn’t work like in PvE, you don’t really know unless you read every single patchnote from previous expansion to current patch.
  • PvP encounter are scaled between ilvl difference.
  • You don’t know your true damage, it change between which ilvl the target is. The target know the damage you do, but you don’t know because it change between target ilvl.
  • Proc proc proc proc : Azerite trait, Heart of Azeroth, Corruption, Passive, Trinket, … Also due to the insane amount of proc effect, it cause lag on world pvp when there’s lot of player.
  • Socket reduce your damage and survivability.
  • No PvP statistic.
  • No clear linear path about itemization : just get the best ilvl you can get in PvE/world quests/whatever you want to do, but remember that even if you are well geared, your damage and survivability will be lowered if you do PvP versus a low gear player. And pray to have no socket because it will reduce your damage / survivability.

What a big mess.

52 Likes

Remove PvP scaling because by now it should be clear that Blizzard just can’t do it right, tbh.

13 Likes

Yes please, also remove PVE stat scaling.

9 Likes

I decided to try PvP during the weekend and I did some 2s, I got to around 2k CR and it’s literally the worst it has ever been

People do 60% of their dmg with passives and half of which is gushing wounds, then I saw Rextroys video about gems actually being bad for you. It’s a full on clown fiesta

Blizzard has no idea what they are doing anymore. The devs don’t even play the game and it’s so obvious at this point

Why can’t they just copy the way it worked in MoP or Cata? It worked fine and nobody complained about it. Why wouldn’t it work anymore?

6 Likes

Legion:

• Templates put everyone on the same power level where skill mattered more, easier to balance for blizzard.

I get the whole need for wanting to feel progression. I’d say add templates back in as a seperate battleground type and have the old battlegrounds become like the heroic/mythic version of battlegrounds where gear matters in whatever way people are currently suggesting.
I just feel like with a gear requirement there is a harder time at the end of expansions to enjoy the occasional battleground.
During TBC and Wotlk you were able to get pvp gear quite quickly and would be able to stand your own. No there’s to much outside influence. legendaries, heart of azeroth, azerite pieces, corruption.

Aside from any changes people want, Just add a template option to enjoy pvp for what it’s really about, fighting someone based on your skills.

1 Like

I got killed by a Disc Priest with 480k [I’m 580k], nuked me from 100% to 0 within 5 seconds… a serious WTF!!? moment.

BfA is the absolute worst thing I’ve ever had the displeasure of doing PvP in…

1 Like

Because Blizzard love to fix things that aren’t broke. They proved that with revamping classes over and over again.

5 Likes

I come here to say actually in the PTR the PvP scalling is removed

also the Rextroy gems videos is not affected in PTR.

3 Likes

CONFIRM that, just checked it out. My target see the same numbers as me. Can somebody try in in BETA servers? May be its only for ptr server

2 Likes

For this I love Bizzard that if he makes mistakes it fixes them, PvP scaling is stupidity and spoils the gameplay on BG / Arena, in general do not feel the pleasure of gear progress

there is no way to do pvp scaling “right” its just bull****

I loved the templates in Legion, felt like bgs and rated bgs were very active, but sadly I seem to be a minority in liking the template system.

2 Likes

Sure if you had a system to set your own stats on gear I can deal with that , otherwise no

Remove this scaling it’s a joke… People with low gear shouldn’t even PVP until they farm their gear. This system doesn’t work with the MMORPG genre.

absolutely THIS

They cant. In order to remove scaling you have lower powerceep and in order to lower powercreep you have remove difficulty levels which reduces acessability of the game and thats something what Blizz will never give up.

Remove this Dog**** pvp scaling. KEEP it for open world Sure Im fine with that but remove it from BG’s where Pvp actually matters… that way ppl who love pvp can feel that gear difference and actually feel more powerful due to spending time doing pvp like mythic raiders feel like gods compared to heroic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.