Remove raider.io please 🙁

Konahh had a rdruid ready for BoD and was in for parts of Jaina progress (until they had to drop a healer to make the dps check in p3).

So they had 1 R Druid that they never used but I don’t know if it made huge difference. R Druid was buffed the same week they killed Jaina so…

Nah fam sorry, I’d rather not ruin keys on people who are far below the level of the key I’m doing.

1 Like

hahaha crying about RIO?

I hope you never played during wotlk.

Gearscore back then was MUCH worse than what RIO does now.

1 Like

I disagree - I played a shadow priest for most of WotLK - Dardalion - Emerald Dream - he may still exist my Son’s GF stole the account.

I didn’t bother with RAID - too time consuming - but I ran Dungeons all night - never had an issue - not ever.

We didn’t have any of the current issues in that EXPAC tor speak of - they came later with the introduction. of gearing through M+ - which before that had been the province of the RAID - and RNG - which did not exist meaningfully before Legion and the Legendary and Titanforging system they introduced.

I do feel that Blizz are off track really - the ‘elite’ were historically those who would spend time in 25 man content for the latest tier equipment.

5 man always, and really should be, second best.

As for M+ to me this really far more within the same genre as competitive PvP - it’s another league - and I don’t belittle the skill - but it is probably content best segregation by some sort of testing system within the game rather than a 3rd party site digging into the public information Blizzard make available - it was never designed for this use and you can, in fact, disable it from your account for privacy reasons.

That said - it is what it is - you want to PUG groups - you accept the situation as it is or form your own team who you trust ad progress together - which does not need to be a guild.

I am more and more convinced that RaiderIO is a blessing.

Since I got RaiderIO my M+ runs became much more pleasurable, I can pug weekly M+10 and get actual decent runs as opposed to these 1+ hour nightmares before I got the addon.

The thing is good.

You can’t really fool RaiderIO which is why people want it gone so badly.

Back in Legion the people on my shard didn’t really know what RaiderIO is (Or maybe it didn’t exist then? I am not entirely sure) so they used outrageous Ilvls instead. That in itself would be fine if the guy that asked for those ILVL wasn’t about 50 below it.

If you want to run Mythic+ or Raids without being held to a standard (that everyone can pick for him/herself) then you should start heading out with friends/your guild.

If you remove RaiderIO then you won’t fix anything as people will just start demanding absurdly high ILvL again.

1 Like

The reason why raider_io is needed is following:

• It is the only reward from mythic+. High m+ score feels rewarding. There are no other reward for climbing the numbers. It is the only reason you want to repeat the dungeons.
  • With the amount of skills you need to do higher keys, cause the skill-level is higher than ever before, it is the only way to somewhat measure who you invite so the key dont get depleted.
1 Like

Its actually easy to get up to 9+ but that 10+ is something else.

Its like you have to sell your kidney for it, i mean what the hell is the difference between +9 and + 10.

Let me tell you the difference: a +10 is easier to get for weekly chest if you’re doing it off-time because of that Bwomsandi buff.

The only difference is the reaping affix. Besides that it isent much difference when it comes to HP or damage from boss or trash. Anyway since you have reaping you need some more dps overall then you need on a m9.

Reaping isent hard anyway.

Hmm it’s almost as if the community learnt nothing from GearScore.

You know using arbitrary metrics that don’t square with reality.

Stupid requirements will always be a thing be it GS, ilvl, AotC, Rio because ultimately it boils down to the same problem. Everyone wants to the do the least amount of work for the largest reward even if those metrics aren’t actually a total representation of the result.

You will never eliminate the “Carry” even more so since personal reputation is no longer a thing

Always wondered, whats wrong with this people, that always want to forbid something. Rio is the only thing that makes it possible to pug m+.
Didnt it ever occur to u that u arent the only one in que? Just try, for experiment, to form up ur own group. See how large the que is. There is about 30-50 people in it if you not point out ur requirments.
Why on earth do u think u should be invited rather than someone else?
Rio isnt perfect, no. But I cant imagine the better thing that can congregate info about persons experience into simple numbers. Can u?
If numbers r not enough, it allows u to look through some other info this webside can offer.
And experience in m+ is crusial.

I saw ppl how are avoiding prot war. They’d rather take it dk or dh as a tank.
maybe it’s a randomness in my case.

Its easy if you build +10 you usually can choose between 10 tanks 20 healers and 150 dps which try to join after first few sec.

On the other hand if you try to build +9 you usually take everything with at least decent score and after 30 minutes waiting you take everything.

1 Like

Or maybe they’re used to season 1 where prot warrior wasn’t the best of tanks and just forget that things have changed.

Absolutely not.

I need to know who is good enough and who isnt. If I can see someone has done 18’s in time and how many… welcome to my key… if it shows you’ve done and 18 but took you 3 hours, i wanna know. not wasting a key on scrubs.

Whats the issue exactly? Find grp? just make your own.

Not completely true. It realy depends on what spec yourself got, and affix and the duengon when it comes to how many people, or how fast players will sign up for your key.

If you start a grp as tank, there will be more players signing up for the key faster, compared to if you start a grp as dps. Healers is sikre at between. Then it comes to what duengon. Duengons like Fh, or Ad will get more signs up then a SOTS, or a Kr key. Then it is the affix. This week alot of healers wont do any more then just weekly since they cant stand greveious. Another week tanks are doing the same, for like necrotic.

All those things combinated together means that some keys will get alot of signs up in the first 2 min, but others will maybe wait 15 to 20 min before a tank signs up.

I agree, get rid of the elitist piece of crap that is raider io.

I play the game to have fun, not to fill out a job application every time I want to run a +10 or higher.

And this is aside from all the smucks in trade channel selling +10 or higher keys and carrying people to the point they get a good raider io score, but are utter crap at playing the game.