Remove raider.io please 🙁

This is what I am saying m8. Nobody should be blamed because it is just a game. People should go out and see the real life not only this old hag wow. As I am looking how easy they got upset with their keys it reminds me for blood trolls and their “blood, blood, blood” xD

I agree that Apex is not that strong on twitch but still. Wow never has been even closed from what I checked even to 20 millions and now is about 4 with high declining tendency. Apex is 60 xD

Why I brought this topic is because if I failed I used my def CD trying to recover to make it easier for him. That’s why I have this button. He didn’t use his. Cooldowns are there to recover from difficult situations and sometimes they are necessary to survive some mechanics. If this guy has CDs but prefer to wipe instead of using them then it’s a problem. He started blaming everyone while he didn’t press any button. When I heal and I see that someone stepped into one of the reaping things on the floor I use my CDs to cover it. We are only people and everyone make mistakes. It’s not the problem of doing 1 mistake but refusing to do anything about it is. I don’t say I can tank the boss all the time or I should step in everything but if such thing happen you should do something about it. If that guy didn’t use Cocoon at all during this dungeon and someone died there is something wrong. Nobody talks about him preventing 100-0 dead but about healing me from 30%

1 Like

Why he have to use cd for recover? You stepped into a reaping sht? It cant kill u and no other dmg income while reaping . Did you pull with reaping? In that cause maybe he/she should use a cd to cover it. BTw you used ur cd it means if he use other cd its is overlapping and being gready with cds.
If ur deff cd is dmg reduction you failed one more time cause dmg reduction cd is to prevent incoming dmg and not for use it after dmg and u have low health.
One other thing heal cd-s are on gcd there are some time when i cant buble and fail mechanic cause gcd .
I think you dont realy undestand the value if heal cd’s , maybe the healer with u not even undestand it too when he must use or when he can hold it back . There are several deadly mechanics ofc .
But here we are, the point you faied 1 time when u take the dmg ok 1 mistakes , u failed when used dmg reduction after the dmg .
What you should do next time :
-use aoe stun as shaman
-use dmg reduction for reduce incoming dmg
-use heal poti
-use objetums to loss
-wind sheer death bolt
-running away
-casting self heal
-eath elemental for taunt mobs and stop the dmg for a while
In the other hand there are other dds who can stop dmg with ccs

Im ready this forum post since it started but dint see 1 time when you saying what u have to do next time and this is the problem most of the ppl never think about what he can do do prevent something. These are the diferences between low key and high keys and thats why rio is a thing .

Omg you don’t see the point of what I was trying to show. I’m doing everything you say with my Earth Elemental. It even has his own “wall” ability so reaping is not a problem my point was that if someone fails it’s always better to save him rather than let him die and possibly wipe. It happens everywhere in MDI and on high keys. You don’t even know how many times these people who are doing 24+ wiped on previous tries. My point is if you have CD - use it and save someone rather than wipe and then leave the key. I used CD but I didn’t get a single hot and I died. That guy didn’t heal me and had all his CDs but he didn’t do anything this is the problem.

I could avoid this damage but I didn’t and if you are there and have all your CDs available use it. Same things happen in PvP. You should use your CDs efficiently but sometimes you need to use more to prevent death. We PvP players know it and we have no problem with using our CDs as we have to rotate our def CDs all the time and we know we can cover each other. Some mediocre M+ players don’t use spells unless a guide says so.

I play almost every healer in this game in PvP and trust me that using our def CDs. You basically didn’t understand the point. I didn’t die on reaping ever on my Shaman. I died on first boss in Siege of Boralus. I dragged boss in bombs 3 times but he kept chasing me after bombs (just unlucky). This guy didn’t even hot me as I see my buffs and debuffs and I just died sitting in GW with 20% damage reduction from Spirit Wolf.

I used reaping example as we did the same dungeon with me as healer with random Ret paladin and he got hit by reaping crap on the floor even though my Elemental was tanking it. It’s not hard to make it happen even with no Primal Elementalist. You summon it and hit mob with any of your offensive spells. I just gave him Earthen Wall to lower his damage taken and nothing wrong happened.

He died to a boss, not a reaping wave. Your advice is about as useful as a trapdoor in a rowing boat.

1 Like

The whole situation is getting funny. I cannot stop laughing, everybody explains him/herself as a medieval virgin in front of her father and then the spicy Panda priest comes with one sassy sentence to close the discussion.

all u need skill know how dungen work affix

If you want an example of why players use IO, today I did a SoB run where 4/5 players had good scores and ilevels. The one player who had a low score did bad DPS despite being a Rogue, and caused us to fail the timer because he didn’t know the tactics (causing several wipes on the last boss).

Unfortunately players like that are exactly the reason why we see 1500 demanded for a +11, and ilevel 415.

2 Likes

We’ve all had situations like this - where a single person causes wipes and is essentially just dead weight/harmful to the group.

Rio provides us a way to evaluate a player’s ability. It’s not foolproof, but it’s still the best player-made system we’ve ever adopted. Of course I’m going to use any tool at my disposable that makes inviting someone to a group a lot less risky. Rio removes a hiding spot for bad players as their experience is now easily made visible and instead of putting time into improving, the bad players just complain about the system.

The main flaw with it is getting the score in the first place; players generally only invite others who have done higher than the run they are doing. Logic dictates that someone who has done, for example, a KR +11 is ready for a +12, yet they will still be often declined because someone only want players who are better and have completed say a +16, because why wouldn’t you invite the more experienced player? Personally, I attribute this to a Blizzard failure for designing a system where someone who is experienced in +16 will still want to join +12s.

Functionally it’s a great system, but yet again a system is misused by players.

1 Like

Sadly it seems it’s very often misused, just like Gearscore was back in the day. I even once saw a group where the leader demanded the achievement for a raid that had literally come out 30 minutes ago with the reset.

The main problem as you say is that people want players with far higher ratings/gear than the content demands. I got rejected from a +13 last week despite having done +12 on the same instance well in time, having multiple successful +13 runs, and being more geared and with a higher Rio than the leader. Their excuse was that I was too low.

One main weakness with Rio is that I’ve come across a bunch of players with higher ratings, but they’re not actually that good. As a Mage I often get rejected for not being melee unless they really need BL/TW/Heroism, and almost always out DPS FOTM classes with more gear than me (and yes, I’m not ignoring the mechanics here, I’m staying alive, avoiding damage, killing adds, etc). It’s actually quite hard to get into +13s/14s that I’m easily capable of doing, even though when I did AD+14 the other day with a good group we destroyed the instance and I absolutely carried my own weight with top DPS.

But not an easy problem to solve, especially when leaders can afford to be picky with DPS. There’s almost always a better one after all.

What I’m not sure about is why players are running much lower keys than they need. I suppose the chances of gear is the same. If higher keys like +15 gave better gear, I think this would help dramatically.

I whould say Rio seldom are missused. It’s just that when you host a key beyond +10 you get so many applicants you decline at least 20 or more players, just due to limitation both in sizes and comp balance.

I don’t say you can’t do stuff without a optimal composition, I mean we went SotS +13 with Boomkin, Guardian, Warlock, Elemental shaman and a Holy priest, but then we was a guild group just fooling around knowing fully well that it whould be a interupt struggle. However if it was a PuG, noone in their right mind whould choose classes like this for a SotS given that the margin of CC/Inerupt errors are really minimal.

Well this is a true statement however. Since what usually happends are that if you are a bit ahead of the average playerbase, you often get into more groups, which also grant more oppertunity to progress the score itself.

Currently Rio’s probably the best measurement aviable for better or worse. I’d rather see a more detailed blizzard side system however. Which Ion mentioned they had discussed within the dev team. Perhaps we might see a better system eventually.

Why whould you bother go higher then +10, if you are neither interested in the gear or pushing. Most for example raiders simply do it for residuum where the gains beyond 10 ain’t scaling well enought.

You do get more gear drops as you go higher, but since the hassle and tassle for a drop ain’t worth it especially if it also need to forge… many players rather not do that.

No, I am tired of people not knowing what to do in dungeons, that has been fixed now ever since I downloaded R .io.

Biggest excuse I am seeing on here is that RIO tells them that people know what to do.

Sorry but no it doesn’t.

As others have pointed out some people purchase runs and get stupidly high raider io scores as a result.

Stop leaning on this crutch and get Blizzard to implement its own system that shows an achievement for each boss downed and mechanics followed properly.

Still increases the odds of a succesful run. Simple.

Do 10 runs with players having 0 to 500 rio. Then do 10 with players having around 1k or higher. Then tell me you, on average, see no difference.

Nonsense, it’s often day and night. Sure some may have bought their score, but I see a major difference in playstyle.

1 Like

I have done plenty of runs with low scores, most of the time its fine, your point is invalid.

The issue is that anyone trying to get back into or new to the game keeps running into these utterly silly requirements for low keys.

You basically have to prove that you don’t need the run in the first place to get into it.

All because people only care about the end reward and nothing for the community they play in.

“It’s fine”, can still be a significant difference…and in my experience it almost always is.

I rarely see those really. Plenty of groups under 10 without requirements who take almost anyone. It’s more like “I did a +0, I am god so now I expect everyone to take me for a +12”.

That’s basically how this LFD/LFM system works. You don’t know anyone, they barely even say hi anymore…they only group up to do the thing someone made a group for. You most likely don’t see any of those ever again. So yes, it is purely about the endgoal. Otherwise join a community or guild if you prefer the social feeling more.

And well, struggling in content you can usually run through because someone doesn’t know what to do is quite demoralizing.

And every time i run a random +10 with someone below 1.5k score, they make obvious fatal mistakes.
Granted, in a +10 that doesn’t matter, if it only occurs 1-2 times.

So you have to do the same work that everyone else had to do? Oh no.
And you could always choose to run your own key instead.

I couldn’t care less for that russian that will curse at me the second HE thinks someone else failed something. I also couldn’t care less for that random that feels entitled to deplete my key, that i spent time upgrading.

People that buy runs don’t queue for your dungeons… They buy runs…

How do you count “mechanics followed properly”?
Some bosses/dungeons are not played in the intended way, some have several strategies on how to beat them, also changing on affixes.
Some weeks you BL on bosses, on some you don’t.
Depending on affixes you do reaping with bosses, or you do it together with other trash.

It doesn’t show they know what to do, it shows what they have done.
Someone with 800 score will not have the same experience as someone with 3k score. There is no arguing about that.

I find it rather insulting when someone with like 900 score queues for my +15/+16, even if they know the dungeon in and out on a +8/+9/+10 or whatever, they just can’t know what mechanics become punishing from a certain key level onwards.
In ML e.g. DBM will tell you to kick the earth shields while in higher keys that’s the one cast you can let slip, but the DMG cast from those mobs will chunk through the tanks HP in a matter of seconds.

1 Like

No, demoralizing is people that would rather insult than help groups get through content and quit at the drop of a hat because the other 4 group members are not carrying their supposedly high raider i.o. chars.

The LFG community in general is quite toxic and a contributor to the decline of the game.

Either scrap the joke that is raider io and have blizzard introduce a proper system or get rid of the no accountability for acting like douchebags to other people.

p.s. you can quote me as much as you like, I’m not going to agree with you if you like and want to keep raider io.

1-2 hours of wiping in a FH+10 vs leaving and doing that same dungeon with a new group in 30 mins.

What would be your ideas that would make blizzards system better than rio currently? It just gives each key-level a score, that’s it.

In higher keys it’s normal to leave after a wipe, everyone is there to get score anyways, not to finish that dungeon under any circumstances.

i take 30 mint group 1 hour wipe