Remove Shadowlands Dilettante from Back From the Beyond (Veilstrider) achievement

Please remove this grindy and RNG achievement when you will push pre-patch. This is going to be the last straw that broke the camel’s back especially for people who returned/realized only now that there’s little time. If you think it’s unfair then at least completely remove RNG factor (remove weekly and let us daily run Ember Court and repeat Abominable Lives random quests + increased material drop).
I mean I worked my butt off this expansion compared to others and it will be really disappointing for me if I will miss it out due to RNG.

And never time gate content and then remove things that can be accomplished by doing time gated content in future Blizz!!!

13 Likes

Blizz
don’t
care.

They never do.

2 Likes

100% they should delete or change abominable lives from the Back from the beyond meta achievement as it is totally RNG based if you get the quests or not. There is already numerous threads about this topic. Hope they will listen.

4 Likes

BUMP topic guys! This abomination factory is like 10x harder and pure RNG compared to other covenant’s achievements. This shouldn’t be like this and bad overlook by devs.

2 Likes

Preach!

Your Feedback will not be acted on, blizz dosen’t care about the endless feedback about Timegating. Just look at Catalyst 2.0 Management for DF for your reminder.

So no, they will not do it for you. Time to pack it up and accept nothing will change before Pre-Patch.

2 Likes

Would be wesome
:bat:

Or just like with WoD, let us “buy” the quest with anima
(But the material increase drop would be nice too)

BUMPing this so devs might see it before pre-patch and make a fix for this god awful quest Abominable Lives https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14684/abominable-lives

2 Likes

What Devs? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
If you honestly belive anyone from Blizzard reads these topics, I have a bridge for you to sell…

Or dont make it FOMO in the first place.
Let it stay in DF.
Stop removing things or stressing people…

1 Like

BLIZZARD DOESN’T CARE!

They just wanted to boost player numbers cause literally nobody is playing this hamster wheel program anymore and they know everyone is obsessed with FOMO. It worked.
They want to condition your brain to stop unsubscribing and keep playing every month until everything is finished.

Have to say I don’t see the issue. I only started the grind when they made the post about “thing’s to do before DF” and I am almost fully done with this part of theFoS.

BUMPing this so devs might see it before pre-patch and make a fix for this god awful quest Abominable Lives https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14684/abominable-lives

Devs
Dont
Check
Forum

Yes they do! At least let’s hope! Someone should see this and take measures.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5c/fc/5f/5cfc5f7c6c7ea41f2e112c2b32c9ee55.gif

Definitely agree. Ive played all expansion but took big breaks before and after last tier. Dragonflight got me hype and playing again.

Found out about Veilstrider only recently and have worked my butt off but it will now come down to quest RNG, i cant grind my way out of this one.

When looking for guides all ive come across are posts of people who have been trying a lot longer than i have asking for it to be removed.

Ita a good incentive for players to come back and be active prior to launch but not if there is no chance to obtain the achievement

You have my seal of approval

I’m soon going to get my Veilstrider achievement, only Marasmius rep left couple days. I guess got lucky with RNG (Necrolord dailies) and timing - I started Dilettante at end of September. Here how long it took for me:

Pursuing Loyatly - Completed in 1 day (had 3rd rank upgrade on sanctum).
Be Our Guest - 5-6 weeks (Need rep to unlock Choofa).
Things To Do When You’re Dead - 5-6 weeks (Got zero new quests 5th week and at 6th one popped off all 7 quests missing).
Mush Appreciated - 6 weeks (Started bit late, apparently you can do this in 1 month, make sure to lvl your transport network to lvl 3 ASAP).

Better yet, just don’t remove Back from the Beyond. No logical reason for it to be FOMO.