Removing timegating on old content

I’m in the process of getting 100 reputations to exalted, and so far I much prefer grindable reputations, that you can do for several hours when not much else is going on, rather than daily quests or raid bosses.

Having to commit to a daily routine of going to an area and doing a number of quests every day, even on days when you’d rather be doing current content, is just not desirable. Even if it takes longer overall to grind it out, I would rather grind.

I understand having timegating for current content as otherwise people feel forced to grind it out or fall behind, but for legacy reputations which serve no purpose other than getting achievements that is no longer the case.

Would be nice if daily quests where changed to repeatable, perhaps have reputation from trash in raids all the way to exalted so you can farm and reset, things like that.

(This topic is intended as a request, not interested in debating it.)

1 Like

Are you serious? That would entirely remove the prestige from getting 100 reps if you could just grind all the old ones in a day all of a sudden. The purpose of having reps that take weeks to get by daily quests is to make that rep / achievement feel special. Why should you be excluded from having to grind as hard as the rest of us have? Just get to it if you want the achievement, demanding that it be changed for you cause you don’t wanna do the dailies every day is incredbly lazy.

2 Likes

That’s why they are called “achievements”. You need to actually achieve something, and in cases like this it’s a long term commitment.
I actually felt proud when I unlocked mounts like the Grand Wyvern/Gryphon in Pandaria, because it took a while. If I could have knocked all reputations out in a few hours then it’d feel like whatever, just another couple of mounts to add to my inventory.

2 Likes

Yap, i was clearing loremaster for my new main, untill i reached Legion, it was all good.

Pandaria had some minor farming questies, but they were done like in a day.

Gaining reputation to get last questchains is joke, honestly.
So i just left 3/11 Suramar chapters behind and moved on, i might go grind those someday.

And to get the flying achievement is another joke, i do get that for current expansion, but not for old content…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.