Removing Wounds

I’m not usually vocal on the forums but now that dragon-flight is coming, i feel as though now is a better time than ever for good change.

A big problem with current unholy dk, is that way too much damage is tied to CDs that the core gameplay doesn’t feel good. When was the last time a sudden doom proc actually felt good? When was the last time popping wounds felt good?

Wounds is just a bad version of combo points, remember when rogues were given redirect, then made them on their character instead because having to move them around was bad?

Unholy is at best a shadow of its former glory days at the moment. The gcd’s feel horrendous due to mastery stacking, the rune regen rate is abysmal, none of the cd’s line up, and stacking>bursting wounds takes forever and provides zero enjoyment.

This spec needs at LEAST a slight rework it should definitely start with removing festering wound. Just imagine if our dots did real dmg and we didnt need this problematic wound system ? Its slow and clunky always will be

Ghoul has no synergy with Unholy’s kit, despite being a large portion of its damage. Why not make Ghoul’s Claw always apply Festering Wound instead of being an RNG talent thats statistically as viable as picking no talent at all? Same goes for the Death and Decay talent being only 10% ?

The unholy dk fantasy was always about necromancy… when did it turn into wounds stacking ?

6 Likes

refering to the rune regen, i still believe this should be static and not impact by haste.
haste should impact atackspeed of player and pet, dot ticks (wishfull thinking of disease builds) but not rune regen.

at the start of each expantion DKs feel really boring due to low haste, very evident with the secondary stat squish over main stat in BFA and even more for frost/unh in SL due to high impact of mastery leaving haste to the side in the early expantion.

if they lowered rune regen from 10 to 7.5 sec static they could rebalance everything else accordingly much better without disrupting the flow for the player, the slugish feel

1 Like

This is going to feel even worse by comparison once Wotlk classic is live. I thought it was rose-tinted glasses until I actually tried it for myself…

It’s not hyperbole, blizz literally have massacred this class.

1 Like

agreed. we can only hope that Blizzard decide to listen to the community and do something about the fact that nobody is happy with the current state of unholy

1 Like

I don’t know, i kinda like wounds, but at the same time they do cause problems…

I have no ideas here on what the solutions could actually be, they could apply wounds on you like combo points basically, but then how would they resolve that with aoe?

1 Like

Make Wounds as an actual Desease, CS to apply and FS to Spread I guess

1 Like

wounds is literally ignored in aoe, such a bad mechanic

No it isn’t wounds is the most integral part of unholy aoe with bursting sores which should arguably be baseline.

You do not spread wounds in aoe scenarios, you simply put death & decay down & continue your single target rotation, only putting sores on main target.

so as i said, it is ignored in aoe situations.

That is true, but you still get to burst more wounds if you have the correct talent selection, although i can see your point.

Honestly, the fact that festering does not hit everyone with death and decay is kinda ridiculous.

Wounds is a baseline mechanic, but they make it as bad as possible.

1 Like

yeah it’s sad.

on a side note… it’s really depressing to see some classes get amazing things for dragonflight like rogue and ele shaman… looks like they’re going to be better than ever.

whereas unholy will still remain a shadow of its glory days :confused:

Infectious wounds is a 3 talent point, all i have to say to that is LOL.

Like are you for real? Why exactly is this a 3 talent point talent when we have better talents that only use 1???

I am most definitely not someone who only plays one spec/class i really would like to see all specs have nice interactions and talents, but some of these specs are straight up worse.

Or even worse, festering strike using 3 talent points, when all it does is increase the damage of festering strike and wound by 30 %, wow so interesting!

if the spec has more than one three talent point talent, it’s a bad sign.

honestly it’s laughable at how many cool abilities other classes are getting back meanwhile unholy is getting next to none…

what happened to dark arbiter?
desecrated ground?
icy touch? (our only purge)
the ability to summon other types of minions as main pet? (abom)
conversion?
i miss when the class wasn’t locked behind so many global… feels so slow and sluggish now
miss when it was enganging… turning our runes into death runes

Yea, they’re not short of ideas, but none were added.

As i said before, if a spec has more than 1 3 point talent, that’s a bad sign. It means there is too much filler, not enough actual substance.

The goal should be to have as few 3 talent points talents as possible. Even 2 is pushing it.

For example, frost dk has a talent that increases frost strike damage by 20 %, no one cares, like at all. No one would want to pick that if it wasn’t for the fact that there is good stuff below.

But frost talent tree is still at least twice as cool as unholy right now.

I don’t mind wounds to much my problem with DK is that nothing is really changing in Dragon Flight, they have the smallest tree so far at 8 rows where others have 10. The tree also is lacking in new/old spells, damage for coil is 100% shocking, I can heal an undead for 3X more than it does damage but I never use it to heal (I am a necro dk why would I heal). The DK tree needs a lot more work done to it and it needs more pets. Cause I just love having a undead army with me hehe.
Also on a side note the DK set armor for Dragon Flight sucks, it really needs to be reworked.

This is just plain wrong. Spreading wounds is an integral part of playing Unholy AoE with the bursting sores talent.

2 Likes

Wounds as a mechanic makes DK clunky overall.

In SL you have no interaction with wounds at all, is just there. At least in DF we’ll have festermight back to spice things up.

There is still room for improvement in dks talent tree, cause you cannot possibly go for clawing shadows for example, due to doggo nodes. speaking from pvp pov

I’m waiting for the prepatch talent tree, but if they don’t make some modifications in terms of moving things up and down to at least the unholy one, it will be kinda meh.

Tbh DK was a whole new level of broken overpoweredness in wotlk. It holds records in terms of being one of the most broken things to come into WoW haha.

So ofcourse it got massacred.

However in terms of conversation, sadly this was the outcome of legions “overhauls” they threw everything onto builder spenders which gave birth to these ideas such as wounds to push this type of gameplay.

3 expansions in it feels horrific, i did hope to see Unholy get moved further into pets / dots, but seems we going to do wounds for another expansion.

Ive counted every tree im unsure where ur getting 8 from? Its 10 on all 3 speccs for DK also.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.