Request: race change (with limits)

Edit: seeing some of the well thought out replies, it has made me think about the idea. So want to change it from my initial thought.

I do agree that choice is important in an mmo. At the same time when a new choice is presented, that wasn’t there at the beginning, I think that should be taken into consideration too.

So the new idea would be a one time, irreversible choice. If you have a class that can be played with the new race, you can at some point after the initial hype is over, make a choice. Stay as is or change to the new race. It will be irreversible no matter what.

In that way people who would really like to play as the new races can without losing their progress. Most of these would probably have made this choice at the beginning of classic if they could. So I see this iteration of the idea to still keep the choice part.
It will also eliminate the concern that people would constantly race change to get an edge in the different content.

All in all this would be way less intrusive but also throw a bone to people who love the new races.

_______Old idea _______________________
I know this was originally added during wrath. But as you are taking the stance of some changes are okay, please consider adding this early.

I am talking strictly race change within your own faction here. Not any faction change.

I really love the new races. At the same time I don’t want to just dump the character I have achieved stuff on all through wow classic. The ability to race change would would greatly increase my enjoyment, as I wouldn’t have to lose my old character to play them.

Though I don’t think it should be available with the prepatch. Let the first lvl 60s (or 70s) of the new races be people who actually lvled them. But at release or maybe a month after, that kind of novelty will have worn off. So why not give the possibility of a race change then?

18 Likes

Not gonna happen

2 Likes

Meaning choice in a MMO is what makes worlds feel closer to reality than they perhaps should.

The name you pick, the race you set of questing and the face you leave the starting zone with mean something.

Cya.

10 Likes

Isn’t like changing your race within your faction will have a huge impact on anything but the enjoyment of the people who would want to.

So why limit people on something that won’t mean anything for anyone but that player.

Giving palas both seals is way more game changing. But they did that anyway. So something way less intrusive shouldn’t be impossible

No thanks.

2 Likes

With all honesty.

Race Change should be introduced for the sake of the new coming Draenei/Blood Elfs. One way to these races exclusively.

Another legit suggestion would be for Alliance paladins and Horde shamans to hop over for a fee.

I have a paladin with a Legendary, I don’t want to go horde for an example and leave my prestige in the “alt”.

ah yes, let’s just buy an in-game boost from 8 to 70 in stead
such epic
much wow
very meaning

Pretty sure ingame transactions such as race change and even faction change are on the list. Bliz likes money and these things make money by the bucket

1 Like

I like how you’ve taken some stance the company that runs the warcraft franchise in 2021 has, applied it retrospectively to a completely different company from 2007 that created the burning crusade while simultaneously assuming that my views on the matter are that the 58 booost is somehow meaningful.

So are you some memelord degenerate or were you just under the influence when you posted that?

Horrible suggestion. That would mean less people leveling and less people to play with.

2 Likes

There it goes

It started nicely with Classic, with no changes except the bugfixes (even though Blizzard took waaaay too long to fix some big problems, 9 months for a very minor fix to stop the Black Lotus camp)

And here we are, already getting paid boosts for TBC, and now everyone and their mother is asking for additions in the game

Can we have the game as it was? CLASSIC? No boosts no barbershop no dual-spec no race changes no pet battles no in-game shop with overpriced garbage that will end up ruining the game?

9 Likes

mate, this was about the name part of it

It was introduced in Wrath right? Whats the big deal if they add one expansion earlier?

What’s the big deal if they don’t?

4 Likes

It means it’ll take longer to race change from that hideous gnome you’re playing

2 Likes

Human female caster. I can smell your Simp stench

4 Likes

At least promise to get a beard when the barbershop comes out, the face creeps me out

Would be awful… people these days would race change for max DPS and then race change for best pvp talents etc :slight_smile:

that’s a no from me dawg

2 Likes

Most people don’t play well enough anyway to benefit from the little difference it would make. They’re just wasting their money, which is on them