Resto in RSS

Hello everyone,

just wanted to ask about your opinions on resto in RSS after 10.0.5.
I really struggle to keep people alive… cycle through all my cooldowns depending on enemy cooldowns and then its just gg, someone will die before my cooldowns are back up.

Any suggestions on builds etc.? Especially tips on arms warrior and disc priest, because they are in every lobby now.
Note: i dropped from 1400 to 1200 so i didnt even got out of noob ratings

Feel like deleting my resto atm >_<

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have the same feeling. I’m not the best player, but I was making progress until the new patch. Now i totally lost three games in a row and dropped from 1,3k to 1,1k. Without the cd, I can’t keep people alive at all. One warrior is enough for me to have trouble healing.

I think it’s mostly because other healers got buffed. We can’t compete with the holy paladin anymore, and disco priest is basically the third dps in the team. I’m not even talking about druid and evoker. Even the monk got heavily buffed.

I’ve had enough…

I had a look at your current talents, and I’m not going to tell you how to play, but these aren’t all the best for dungeons (if that is what you play with that).

Not saying mine is the best setup, but it works for me, and I keep people alive with that.

Also 9% haste, is kind of low, you will be slow. I personally pick flash flood, and I’m no longer mr slow caster.

You pick both Deep Rooted+Ascendance ? Primal Core? If this is what you play in M+, then I’m sure you will have issues.

Also no focused insight, no master of the elements, you miss a HUGE buff on your ST heals, and even on chain heal.

I was on the same page as yourself, I even started out copying the wowhead talents. It didn’t work for me, I spend a week tweaking my talents, my current setup is for my playstyle close to perfect (still need to test high tide)., the only small changes are with certain affixes, like frost shock for explosive week, and earthgrab totem for the one with the adds coming at you after killing an enemy.

Also the buffs from 10.0.5, no matter how little, are very good for ST heals.

Also saw, no lava surge. Playing with Flame Shock and Lava Burst + procs, Master of the Elements + Focused Insight, that should improve things. Also check the dungeon loot, try to go for places that drops haste/vers gear, aim for 20% haste. You can even at the point (when you check my talents), drop flash flood and take torrents (that’s my plan at least), once you reach like 20% haste, I’d go for crit next and try as little mastery as possible.

Hey thank you for the replys!

@Posyhov yep, i cycle through and get my dps to around 40% dampening and then theres literally nothing i can do… my healing surge heals for nothing and my beefy cooldowns are not ready :man_shrugging:

@Delanai, Thank you too but until now i only pvped on this shaman. But thanks to my bad performance there i will probably go more into pve and will follow your advise there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Likely not the easiest healer to get used to, especially if teammates don’t play around your totems.
Unleash shield is dead so now it seems flame shocking and using lava surge with master of the elements for that 20% buff to your next heal is the go to.

Testing around myself though mostly in bgs and it seems we have to get used to dropping skyfury and pumping 60k+ meatballs for days. :panda_face:

Do wonder if focused insight is worth dropping stuff for with how much of a shakeup we had :thinking:

Just re-read and saw it involved PvP :wink: .

In PvE imo they’re doing fairly well, mine is at least.

In my defense, foxes can’t read :slight_smile: !!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.