Resto PvP - The Tragedy of Earthen Wall

I used to play rsham pvp on relatively high levels (slightly below 3k) between true TBC s1 and Legion S1 with some skips here and there. That’s quite some time.

The spell called Earthen Wall Totem was a true escalator for me quitting the game in early Legion. I came back for 1-2 months for both BfA and Shadowlands, just to witness that this abomination is still in the game.

Now in Dragonflight, I gotta witness that the whole gameplay of rsham pvp revolves even more around Earthen Wall. It’s so good that now you have two of it, you can relocate it just to witness your teammates leave it again and of course the new hyped arena bracket is solo shuffle where leaving Earthen Wall is nothing but standard.

Contrast this to rdruids and evokers hovering around with instants and dps literally flying upwards in arenas. Next could be Air Wall Totem to cover Z axis.

I do not know who designed this spell back then, but I hate you. I hate you so much. The fact that this spell single handedly made me quit, still in the game and became an ‘iconic’ shaman spell is mindblowing.

I never would have imagined that one spell can cause so much emotional damage. Also, I never would have imagined I’d post anything on this forums since 2007.

This spell is THAT BAD. Checking out from the game again soonish as this is unbearable. Ceremoniously handing back my earth totem to the NPC at the lvl vanilla 5 quest, not needed anymore thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.