Resto shaman healing underperforming?

Hello guys,so i play rsham in bfa s2 and i feel that my overall healing is kinda bad,especialy in arenas where i can t realy top off my dps,considering other classes can do that(not talking about ascendence),it seems to me that this season except the pack of spirit traits wich barley heals in arena rsham is kinda bad.
For example my oh crap heal combo your under 40 %hp (if i don t have my ascendence )is this one:ES for the extra heal,riptide for lowe cast time/increased crit,unleah for the 35% increase heal effectiveness and healing surge for that big juicy 30 k crit…,im going to mention my actual mastery is 62%(in other words that means i can top anyone from 30% eazy with no problem.This thing never happend,notveven to 50%) and 10% versatility.
Overall i should pop big heals on low hp targets,my reality is that the bigest crit i ever had in a pvp arena was about 50k.
I won t bm rdruids or hpalas with their masive crits but something is wrong with my class.
If anyone know a more efficient combo to get them big heal let me know

1 Like

Its ok.
Holy paladin is doing big heals only with avenging wrath on.
R druids are doing big heals only when all HoTs are on their target.

My undergeared pally (even green gear) just did a 71k holy light crit yesterday with heal reduction on my team mate without wings. Undergeared=~380ilvl. Imagine it in 415+
Resto druids heal for even more, you just don’t see the juicy big numbers.
Shaman healing is sh*t. Also if you hardcast you’ll go oom as fast as druid or priest.

1 Like

Not true. Holy Light heals for 40k. That’s like 50-60% more than Rsham’s best heal, not counting cooldowns.
Holy Shock heals for 20k-50k depending on traits and crit.
That’s more than 6k from Riptide and more than most Shamans’s casted spells.

Heres the problem. If holy shock crit then its good and get holy light reduced cast but if not then its bad while resto shamans riptide reduce the cast time and/or increase the healing. While as holy pala you relay on crit this time as resto shaman you can riptide and fast cast and if you have lots of mastery then its gg.
On top of that they can survive sh!t ton of damage. Just get 3 traits and you are like robocop = unkillable even on high damp.

Its not about me bro,its about healing people that are low hp ,as i said my mastery is 62%,wich means i should get a increase in my healing of about 62%.Now the base line healing wave heal for me is 20.093 and healing surge is 18,537,not counting crits and let s all say that my mastery heals for +62% no matter their hp %,that would mean my normal healinh wave on an under 50% player should be around +12k and on healing surge +11k wich sometimes it is and most of the times it isen t.Count in i i got 13 crit.

If you don’t get Holy Shock crit, you still healed for about the same with Instant Holy Shock as Rsham does with Healing Wave.
Also for Hpal to use Holy Shock feels awesome. For Rsham if you use Riptide to gain Tidal Wave stack, you basically lost GCD doing nothing, that’s kinda problematic if your target is dying badly.

Playing Rsham is like playing Holy Paladin with 0% crit and 0% bonus from Holy Shock.
You comparing these without context is quite insulting really.
If Hpal does get crit, he can heal for 120k in like 2 seconds. If not, he can heal for 60k in like 3-4 sec.
If Rsham gets crits, he can heal for 50k in 2.5 seconds. If he does not, he heals for like 30k in 2.5 seconds.
So if you’re playing Shaman and you’re lucky af, then your healing feels same as being Paladin and being extremely unlucky.

Doesn’t help when your partner dies.

3 Likes

it’s good that they don’t heal for shít because they would be even more broken than druids if they did similar healing to the others while being immortal, having spam purges for very little mana cost, and overall being able to compete mana wise with other healers

1 Like

would be good argument to make them less good at survivability, but it’s pretty stupid argument to apologize healer being unable to heal decently

2 Likes

Holy Paladins can top someone off with 1 Divine Favor which has an 20-25 second cooldown

3 Likes

Shaman should have a bit more healing than it has right now. Their problem is survivability. They are forced to play these broken def Pack Spirit traits otherwise they would be easier target than Disc/Holy Priests for meeles. They would be just a feast. Shaman healing is actually fine if they spec into all healing traits. If they buff shaman’s survivability in other way and nerf Pack Spirit shamans can be actually back.

Other thing is that they will probably have to use Chain Heal which isn’t fun for shamans either. They work very well in Raids and kinda ok in M+ because of High Tide that is not an option for Arenas. Blizzard should rework some talents to create an alternative that makes you heal more with single target heals while your Chain Heal isn’t that strong.

1 Like

Meanwhile drainer sh1t on this post as 3.2 k resto shaman.

Noone said it’s not viable, but it does not worth casting a heal or to leave ghost wolf at all.
Fun for me and a lot of other players doesn’t mean I’m running around taking treats as a good dog.
Also even Drainer will tell you the current rsham design is just bad, ask him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Literally no shaman wanted immortal ghost wolf, but we got it. People playing Resto shaman want to heal, not tank.

Right now? If they nerf Spirit pack they will be in the same dark place as priests, which is bad.

Nerf immortal Ghost Wolf and give us an instant CC like EVERY OTHER HEALER!

Priest - Instant Fear + Mind Control
Druid - Instant Mighty Bash + Cyclone
Pala - HoJ + Repentance
Monk - Incap + Leg Sweep
Shaman - Hex + Cap Totem

Seeing as Cap totem has a skill level and is easily dodged/killed it should at least reward with a decent stun. Either increase the stun or give it more HP and AOE slow before the stun making it at least slightly hard to dodge…

I can see why they haven’t given us a healing output increase and it’s because our mastery would make make our low hp healing stupidly good. I would personally like a see a Mastery rework, haven’t really thought must into how but could be a fix

Just remove the crazy mobility and immortality and increase the heal of casted heals, maybe bring back NS heal with a 1min cd or something?

Not enough, resto shaman has 0 passive damage mitigation, if they only remove the traits and buff active healing shaman will flop in a stun if he didn’t pre earth link/ pre earthen wall totem it.
Old shamanistic rage and a buffed mastery could work imho. But I doubt they would buff mastery so idk.

I think their idea is that shaman can ‘prevent’ dmg instead of just healing, with wall, roots, (aoe)stun, grounding totems along with windsheer.
I think he has a lot of small CDs to cover for hard times.

I dont disagree with that design, however I find the spirit pack design terrible and I also agree that rsham heals are bad if you compare to monk/rdruid/hpala

Actually rsham does good with comp with self healing like dk/dh for example. The sham can just drop some totem and spam purge easily without being in trouble or have to cast for top his team.

But it you play something like llsd demono/feral/rsham for example, this is gonna be terrible to heal and not being oom quickly for him. And in this case he will not be able to purge and play offensive.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.