Resto Shaman is absolutely broken

The class is beyond broken.

Back when the game still had more than 5 players, resto shaman used to be known as a healer with high healing output from casts, high utility but also high vulnerability to getting trained.

Now shaman is literally immortal, doesn’t have to do a single cast (atleast in 2v2) , has no mana costs on purge and just sits in ghost wolf 24/7 to heal with pack spirit trait.

7 Likes

Who cares about 2v2?

7 Likes

Yeah healer are too strong, when i cast my missile against a healer with arcane power, their hp go up instead of going down.

2 Likes

it doesn’t have to cast in 2v2, the rest also applies to 3v3

I bet cdew is still crying and saying “shamans are crap. They are so bad.”.

4 Likes

Rsham is broken but doesn’t come close to how stupid rdruids still are

3 Likes

OMEGALUL

Shamans are much worse than druids and monks

25 Likes

If shamans are holding you back the problem is with you.

18 Likes

The answer is simple, don’t train the blue . . . . . I’m pretty tanky even with only 1 x pack spirit so if you are going to chase me about the map then good luck, however kill my partner as even when I spam heals it barely does anything

2 Likes

Had to heal buddies vs uh/war/mw.

Was painful.

3 Likes

Why would you try to kill r shaman when he goes oom much quicker than other healers when they have to heal their partner. If you mongo train the blue because it worked in every expansion till BfA then it’s not shaman problem but it’s the problem between your PC and your chair if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Can’t kill their partner if he’s playing with DH, both are immortal

1 Like

Isn’t it DH then? You can’t kill it as meele no matter what healer he is playing with.

well DH doesn’t die against meele classes, only against casters

Well DH is also tought to kill for casters. Luckily I have thunderstorm to push him out of Darkness and I can purge Ghost Wolf as well xD

the state of shaman is kinda weird imo. loads of utility and super tanky cause of dog form, but casted healing is very weak. so it’s strong if you don’t have to heal much because your dps have loads of self-healing, but if you have to keep people alive it’s not good.

1 Like

R Shaman is he hardest healer to balance as it’s mastery and utility is insanely strong. Blizzard tend to balance everything with increasing/lowering dmg/healing numbers so R Shaman is either top tier or garbage.

Other thing is his mastery which is very strong in PvP but not that good in PvE. So buffs and nerfs are not equal in both game modes.

well shaman dog form and throughput are both big problems i think. dog form shouldn’t make you so tanky, but casting healing abilities should actually do something. if dps self-healing got changed, rsham in current state would probably be unplayable.

so i guess re-nerf pack spirit and buff healing wave would be reasonable maybe? idk.

and why would sham mastery be weak in pve? for parsing on farm maybe, but it sounds fantastic for progress.

TBH it’s the only way for Ele to win against good RMX. I don’t know mate. There are too many stupid things in this game.

Making the defensive traits unusable in rated PvP and then tune damage accordingly, if problematic, would be a start. Most of them are some variation of passive healing or damage absorbs with a few class based ones maybe having some merit as being somewhat interesting, though sitting in ghost wolf and passively healing or healing after blinking/shimmering aren’t among those.