Resto Shaman is absolutely broken

Rshaman is so unbelievable broken that all the teams I met in 2s are either rdruid or hpala teams. Makes sense.

2 Likes

play with DH = profit

1 Like

In 2’s as resto sham, play with any other class and see what happens. Resto shaman is absolute dumpster fire. Clunky, most boring it’s ever been. I love shaman, but man, you need to experience it yourself. Most people see Rsham in twos and see a free win. Just put pressure on his dps and watch him squirm.

I just don’t like how rshaman is immortal with only passive healing, that’s all tbh

1 Like

rshaman is great.

What’s the point in being immortal with passive healing if you can’t keep your partner alive even when spamming all your heals & cooldowns. I’d happily trade some passive self heal to be able to actually move my partners HP bar from time to time.

Also you’re playing with the age old tactic of “Train the blue” then you deserve to lose as your tactic is out of date

it’s bad game design, simple.

yes sherlock but it’s still bad game design when there are classes in the game that are immortal

1 Like

I have seen it all.

You kinda seemingly purposely left out the information that it is also lowest healing output healer atm. Even Disc heals for more than Rsham. It just costs more mana to him.

Overall healing per mana (mana efficiency) is still garbage as shaman. Even tho his spells are cheap, they’re such a low healing output, that he has to cast multiple of them eventually rendering the cheapness not cheap anymore.

well they’re, all Absterge, Drainer, Cdew and Lontar have the same opinion, healing output is too low
Literally Holy Shock from Hpal can heal for 60k, but Healing Wave (1.4 / 2.2 cast - depending on if you have Tidal Waves) heals for 20k.

Justifying poor healing output of Shaman by saying that DH is immortal. AKA Nerf shaman because DH is too good.
This is like the most idiotic thing I’ve ever read.

I agree, they should nerf DK 
 a lot. It’s far more broken (survivability wise) than DH and pre-nerf Destruction combined.

2 Likes

rshaman should never have same direct healing as other healers with that mastery and spirit link/grounding/earthen wall and spirit pack. It has very strong tools for damage prevention and is as good as rdruid and MW right now but cdew and others will keep crying if it is not broken like it was in s1. Actually I bet some were still crying even back then, I remember discs crying about other healers back then when they were god mode.

1 Like

Have you read that or did you just make it up your mind?

Good one

He is actually right. Everyone says how overtuned Death Strike currently is.

DH leech should be also tonned down by.

1 Like

Shaman kit prevents a lot of caster damage, but play vs dk/melee/mw-rdruid as Rsham.

You can’t ground or kick bash into clone, or prevent monk cc, you have to spam surge, and actually you’ll need grounding for the dk ranged cc. If u use ground and it’s a warrior I’ll get stormbolt or pet stun and then dk will cc you again. If you go too far and gets cc by the monk or Druid ring of peace and vortex will prevent the link.
If you try to stay around for link etc you’re beggin to get cc by the 2 melees.

I agree shaman got a huge kit with tons of tools and utility, too much numbers and the class goes bonkers. But atm it’s really too low. I don’t think it needs much but a small buff wouldn’t be dangerous for the game.

1 Like

The problem I face when I try to play resto in 2s is that I’m getting oom quite quick and it’s hard to actually get mana back. I’m sure it’s also because I have wrong stats (crit/haste/versa/mastery - best for ele when resto is crit/versa/mastery/haste). I can play in 2 different ways. Either defensive way and just spam heals or offensive and I think it might be the way to go for some matchups. I take 3x Igneous Potential and hit these huge Lava Bursts. Resto LB hits harder than Ele one.

I play 2s mostly to help a friend getting a cap so I swap chars for fast win. I heavily dislike 2s so can’t comment too much on that.

But I think looking at numbers right I might in 3s (also playing for total fun with trash comps, not caring about it) is I should go more Aggro. With the reduction of purge and shaman cd and poor healing output, granted the class utility it might be something I’ll try out on my next arena session with friends.

Problem they play ele and so, ele got no gear and barely his off traits. So I’m maybe biaised due to having to maybe heal too much since he s a tad squishy and get tunneled very often.

Ele is very trait dependant so without Igneous Potential/Lava Shock traits it will be tough. I main Ele so I know how painful it is.

Tbh Destro/Ele/x isn’t as strong as it usually was. I’d play with Shadow or WW as Destro. Shadow/Destro/R Shaman is actually good as they have great synergy and healing with Chain Heal in 3s isn’t as inefficient as in 2s. Shaman provides extra kick that Shadow lacks so he can use Silence/Stun for CC chains.

Yeah well not a lot of choice so for now it’s ele/shadow/rsham.

We’re all missing tons of traits cuz we cba farm all day. And shadow hates swap so it doesn’t help he doesn’t play with it, hence why I said I’m probably biased. But I still think a 20% healing increase of wave wouldn’t hurt the game.

If he wants to play shadow only you either need to play Frost Mage/Shadow/R Druid or H pala, Boomy/Shadow/R sham or Destro/Shadow/R Shaman. Rest of his comps aren’t even close to these 3.

If rshaman so great, why can i never see Cdew, Drainer or Lontar playing shaman anymore? Absterge is the only one playing Rsham and even he says the class isn’t great right now, putting it politely.

No one is recommending Rsham as a healer right now and people playing the class currently isn’t a fotm roller lol

1 Like

Cdew plays R Shaman in AWC - but only with Havoc and Unholy because they can sustain themselves and they provide Shaman with 2 extra def cds - AMZ/Darkness

1 Like