RestoShaman Gear help

Hello, just got into healing restoration shaman. At the moment im using pawn addon, but should i listen to it? Or should i just go for ilvl. Main focus is to play mythic+ and feels wierd that pawn tells me to use a 445 ring over a 470 one.

// Thanks

Hello Littlemate,i got a 471 ilvl resto shaman witch i run +12-13 mythics and HC Nylotha.And from my experience everything that’s 15+ ilvl is a direct upgrade.Azarite Peaces are always an upgrade cause you get alot of Hp from them.

If you want to know more and understand your class chek out Icyveins Restoration shaman for starters it has everything covered.What Azarite Traits are the best,corruptions,trinkets and ofc the usual secondary stats and talents for what kind of content.

I will also advise you not to pick if you are new to the class to many talents that add more buttons,go easy and dont overburden your self.Thankfully resto shaman has alot of passive talents that are BiS from the talent tree and the major essence.

Int is your best stat so yes you can go with il.

With secondary stats its little coplicated. For raids you want crit while in m+ ceit isnt bad but its not go to stat.

In m+ some people play heavy versa build 40-60% versa and its look really strong its propably the best m+ build you can go. But reaching so much versa isnt easy.

My advice is go for il till change in int will be minor. Than try to balance you secondary stats and when you will decide to push keys go full versa.

Reason why pawn show you that lower il ring is better is that 1. you probably sim dps 2. rings dobt have int so you usually go rings with best secondary stats.

For starters just go for ilvl, int is the best stat. I try to keep my crit and haste around 20’ish % and then stack versa since it boosts healing output and damage output while also reducing my damage taken. But thats what works for me.

If u find u’re struggeling with mana a more crit focused build would help (also sugar crusted fish feasts are very nice to quickly regain mana when there’s a few seconds between pulls).

Int>Crit>Vers>Mast/Haste for PvE

Peace

frist mistake play resto shaman dude u chose prooly

Your “first” mistake was typing “frist”. Oh, hey! Looks like it’s really, really easy to post something childishly useless! Shame that the rest of the thread is trying to be at least marginally helpful.

For the most part, INT is the desired choice, hence item level on pretty much everything (except Rings) is a boost - with another exception for certain int-less trinkets which, instead, have something less desirable (such as Haste).

Instead, you want:

1. Int
  2. Crit
  3. Versatility
  4. Everything Else

Versatility is popular seeing as it’s a flat increase to both your damage and healing - which compliments “Blasting” healers. Three traits of Igneous Potential (and certain other traits) along with high versatility pumps out very impressive Healer DPS and can still heal effectively. It doesn’t need CRIT as much (for things like Dungeons) because you can drink between packs for the most part, whereas you won’t get to restore much mana during raids, thus you need Crit for as much mana-return as possible without having to resort to mana-restoring essence slots. Versatility is something you need to go all-in for, and for a specific purpose, unless you want to lug around two sets of gear, so I’d recommend sticking to INT+CRIT in general.

You can consider min-maxing Versa down the road, but at this point in the game (just before Shadowlands), it’ll be a long time before you get enough to benefit from it.

Stick with item-level (unless it has no INT), followed by Crit, with Versatility being the alternative. If it has stacks of anything else (mastery, haste, etc), then it’s not much use to you unless there is an item-level difference to at least grab more Int.

1 Like

Crit is king.

I didnt bother Going crit verse I just went full crit and took the highest ilvl with the most crit I could find.
Currently sit at 73% crit with 39 corruption.

Every guide in the world says crit but tbh I feel like we would benefit alot from crit haste in mythic raiding due to the slow cast time of chain heal but well, im past it now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.