Restro Druid nerf.. When?

cant argue with someone who thinks they’re right even when presented with all the data which proves their view incorrect.

We all know druids need some form of nerf or adjustment as they’re over represented in 5 man content at all levels.

No I don’t. But there is so much information in this topic, and you just do not want to see it.
I finished myself a +16 yesterday too in time on a totally weird comp (beartank, hpala, bm hunter, demo warlock, arms warrior), but I am not closing my eyes. I also (have) play(ed) resto druid myself.

2 Likes

Basically I think how Blizzard has enough of evidence by now to start reevaluating the balance between the healers in the m+, especially things like this are interesting when they come from the people which have the experience of playing different healing classes besides the druids and of pushing the content with them to be able to make the valid comparisons :

I would instead propose a buff to other healing specs, to make them more competitive. Why make all healers perform poorly?

I am still waiting for various replies from you on my posts. Please post swiftly.

it works both ways. You either bring the top one spec down to a good level which is on par with the others. Or you buff the other 4 specs upto druid level.

Much easier to nerf the top spec than to buff all others to put them on par. Not to mention do you really want all healer specs to be super strong like druid currently is?

Dont get me wrong in an ideal world all specs would be more than viable for all content.

So you rather see everyone playing a bad spec, than everyone trying to enjoy a comfortable spec and just doing what they enjoy the most? Why does everything have to be ‘easy’.

No, buffs where appropriate should be applied instead so a pleasant experience for everyone will be applicable.

And I think Resto Druid is in a good place now. The toolkit allows them to adapt to almost every situation. Why would that be so bad? The only reason I can think of, is because the other specs are worse.

I think for every dungeon/affix, a spec should be able to adapt. Let the player be wise and make the decisions. Give them the toolkit they deserve. Don’t limit them so things are simply impossible.

I don’t think all other healers are ‘bad’, they only have some weaknesses.

I suppose especially priest and shaman need some love, but my hpala with the weakness of not able to change the position of trash or a brez (and no spam roots and remove raging) it is still a very fun and good to play spec. I would not call it bad in any way. And that probably also means for the Mistweaver monk.

I hoped you would read through the post better and understand the context. I guess it was not clear enough.

Right now I feel like Resto Druid can be utilized in almost every situation. That is the perfect spot, and should be applied for all other healing specs.

Give the people the toolkit they need and let them play whichever class they enjoy the most. Don’t limit them by excluding gamebreaking abilities.

But why shouldn’t the druid not have a weakness? (should?)

That’s quite besides the point because if they get weaknesses, it would probably be the ‘fix’ everyone is calling about. Will it fix anything for other classes? Not really. It will just make every single healing spec about the same. Not ideal, not outshining, just ‘meh’.

Why not fix every single healing spec? And why does everyone here say it is so hard? Are you working at the Blizzard HQ’s? Buffs and nerfs are applied every patch. If it was impossible, this would never happen.

I main holy paladin and I do not feel at all my class needs a fix. Not at all. And no I do not work at blizzard. My class is more than fantastic. It was a shock to see all these buttons when I boosted this class after leaving my resto shaman in s1. Again; it is faaantastic to be a hpala (in m+, I do not raid).

Where did i say i wanted everyone to play a bad spec? I said druids are so strong they outnumber all other specs by a vast margin because they are so strong in every aspect: healing, utility, movement, battle res, dps.

All specs should not be bought up to druids current state of strength otherwise you’d have every single healer being so strong. Druids should be bought down to a certain level and the under performing specs bought up to that level. Druids should not have everything they have with zero drawbacks.

If a healing spec has insane utility they should not have the healing power of other specs without that insane utility. Every class needs strengths and weakness’ of some sorts and i cannot think of one weakness for Druids.

Imagine a WoW where all healers had the same dmg and healing output and healer choice was based on playstyle and nothing else…

One can dream :frowning:

I don’t know why they should be weak and in what context. Should they be unable to heal certain affixes? Should they be unable to use typhoon?

If they remain the same and other healing specs get the same buffs, people will just start playing their favorite class on higher keys. Why is that so bad I wonder.

because druids will still be picked over everything else as they have everything! Especially in m+ they’ll be picked over most purely because they have a battle res and immensely useful utility for certain affixes.

Everything needs a weakness. Note A WEAKNESS. im not saying things have to be weak or nerfed to nothing.

1 Like

I am just afraid you have to hand out druid-abilities to the other classes to make them on par with the druid. Which is removing the class-identities. IMO you only can get balance and class identities with classes that have strength and weaknesses, except they have to be different.

Let the developers worry about that.

1 Like

We hope they do. In the meantime we are allowed to discuss the subject on the forums of course.

1 Like

But I just presented a situation where all specs get the same buffs so they are on par. Why would Druids still be picked so often then?

Player skill and intelligence should be the weakness. Not the ability to pick the right class.