Restro Druid nerf.. When?

Yeah, don’t reroll. Just roll druid, especially resto, and you will be fine.

Between tbc and bfa resto druid has had one expansion (cata) where they were considered bad. Rest of the time they have been everything from good to godmode.

Spec has clearly some design issue.

3 Likes

No before nerfing resto druids,there is many other more OP specs to nerf like DH,Hpala…
Hpala can heal 70 k hps just by using holy light.Don’t forget warlocks and DH dps in arenas👌.
And it’s fun for me playing an OP spec😉.

1 Like

Lol, never gonna happen. Youre talking about Blizz fav here. No matter what, theyll always be top tier, average at worst.

Maybe just learn to play your own class in stead of bashing others? MDI had Shaman, Disc Priest, Druid and Monk which means if you’re good enough anything is viable and if you’re feeling victimized by resto druids it’s probably just because you’re bad.

To be fair, the mdi team that took a resto shaman did that because they were already placed and went for a certain loss. They also did it in 1 dungeon with specific affixes that didn’t hurt and where the shaman is pretty good. It was Shrine with raging skittish. They took also a hunter for removing the raging. And obviously they lost that run on a fair amount of minutes, while the opponent also did not have a clean run.

So they had chosen the right dungeon for the shaman, the right affixes and took compensating dps classes around it, and lost by far.

1 Like

Oh yea, it had Disco priest, and the team got facerolled in no time then they quickly changed their healer.

It was the joke of MDI

3 Likes

I don’t deny they are in a good position. I just don’t see why nerfing them would fix anything. No, other specs need to get buffed to become more competitive.

I play every healing class so I know the differences, don’t get me wrong.

1 Like

Why? Do you think all other healers suck?

I’m always worried whether people understand what this sentence implies. It’s not just a “this is easier” sentence. It’s got lasting impacts on how the game is played. If resto druids break the game, buffing everyone to be on par with them breaks the game completely.

Yeah, yeah, what a bullcrap, there is such huge imbalance starting with 10-15 bracket and going all the way to the top between the all other healers and the druids because the players which play other classes are all bad. What a dumb argument :roll_eyes:
https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-3/all/world/leaderboards-strict#role=healer:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=10:maxMythicLevel=14

1 Like

Right after buffs for cats and bears to bring them to competitive level.

6th: Holy Paladin

Wow Community: No other healer can heal M+ as well as druids.

Any healer can heal this without a problem so there’s no point in bringing it up. Community perception is that druids are the best and that might make it difficult for people to get into groups. If this is the case, create your own groups and keep your stupid complaints off the forum.

1 Like

There are streamers timing 20+ keys with a disc priest…

Any healer can do it, nobody is saying how the other classes can’t do, so don’t twist the things here, just the druids will have an easier job than most other because they have at this point much better toolkit. And community perception about the druids wasn’t made from the thin air and didn’t come out of the nowhere, but from the things players saw and experienced in the game while playing their classes and while playing the druids.

I don’t get this. I feel I contribute a lot more on my shaman and my monk than I do on my druid. Mas stuns, mass roots, interrupts, slows etc. I actually think the toolkit argument is a load of crap. You have a single spammable root that breaks on damage.

The reason it’s better is the HoT playstyle. The fact that you can heal, proc your mastery, do damage and deal with mechanics at the same time.

In terms of utility, the shaman does not win of typhoon + vortex, spammable root (for tides), spammable ranged dot (for enchanted), battle res. And of course 1 minute tank defensive, that ward shield and personal defensive. The dispel/cleanse of the druid is also far better.

This on top of what you say; just better healing playstyle + damage for dungeons.

4 Likes

They have battle res, they have hot playstyle and don’t need to stand still like some other classes ( even some a lot more squishier than them ) to cast majority of their spells - funny thing is that at this point they can do with that playstyle better single target tank healing than paladins and priests, they are good aoe healers, they are tanky in the bear form, they have good damage reduction in their toolkit while some others are lacking on that, they have : stuns, aoe root and knockback on demand, they can remove the enrage effects, they are among the top healers which can do damage while in the same time healing etc.

I personally wouldn’t mind if the druids would be good and even top for m+ content because in reality we will never have the perfect balance in the game, if the division between them and all the other healers wouldn’t be such big one as it is now.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing that druid’s utility is good. I’m saying that looking at the healer and excluding everything else is daft. Everything you’ve mentioned can also be found in other classes (not just talking about healers). Just because something does not fit into the “MUST HAVE” dungeon meta doesn’t make it bad.

I mentioned shaman because I’m actually really enjoying it and monk’s playstyle is enormously fun to me too so I’m struggling to understand why people would mention a +15 and complain about resto druid when other classes are just as capable.

I think if people want a marginally easier run then they can switch to druid and be done with the complaints or they can realise that other healers are also viable (though perhaps slightly less suited) and enjoy playing the class they want to play.

1 Like

But the conversation is about healers specifically. Yes things that druids have utility wise can be found in other classes (shammy has great group utility with various totems, pally has great ‘oh crap’ buttons to cover mistakes). There isn’t another spec that has everything the druid has.

I mean give every healer a combat res would go far in addressing it tbh. Its one of the main reasons druids are so wanted for 5 man content.

1 Like

No, they don’t break the game.
They’re just useful like no other healer is, once upon a time it was that way for all healers, but Blizzard decided that every healer should be below average and unfun… well except RDruid.
Just make all of them good and useful, really.

2 Likes

No it isn’t. The conversation is about druids in mythic plus and PvP. No healer has ever won a BG or timed a +15 on their own. The conversation is centered around what they bring to a group and nothing they bring is unique to them.

There are many things that other healers bring that resto does not. In pure throughput they fall behind most other healers.

I agree and fully support this, but just to get back to the point I’ve been getting at, if your healer doesn’t have a CR you can pick a DPS or tank that does.

1 Like