Ret paladin PvP talents in 9.1 ARE BROKEN LMAO

Casting Judgment on an enemy cleanses 1 Poison, Disease, and >>> Magic <<< effect they have caused on allies within your Aura.

Judgment now applies Lawbringer to initial targets hit for 1 min. Casting Judgment on an enemy causes all other enemies with your Lawbringer effect to suffer up to 10% of their maximum health in Holy damage.

Im honestly kinda okey with the judgment talent if it worked like “all other enemies within 15 yd with your Lawbringer effect” or something like that. But with the way it works on 9.1 it’s just gives them insane spread pressure and consistant damage.

But yeah … about the first talent.
I refuse to believe that they intentionally added Magic to that, it has to be some sort of error probably, maybe, hopefully. If that talent goes ACTUALLY GOES LIVE it’s straight up impossible to lose to any hunter/priest/shaman/mage team HAHA IMAGINE TRYING TO GET LAVA BURST PROCS :rofl:

18 Likes

I would even say if it was without magic effect it is still broken against e.g. assa rogues

I mean everything that does things automatically while you press your pve rotation is just beyond dumb

7 Likes

Actually Assa is one of the specs unaffected by this. Or at least not that much. It won’t remove bleeds, only poisons which we’ll reapply if we are in melee and if we are not and can’t reapply we’ll they already had a poison cleanse.

It will just soften the MS up a bit as we’ll have to restack it up if it dispels that instead of the slow but overall it’s fine.

However Shamans as Bicmex mentionned will never be able to use Lava Burst again versus Paladins as they will remove Flame Shock on allies every 10s, while Flame Shock itself has a 6s CD.

A Shadow Priest will see Plague AND either Pain or VT go away on all targets (Actually not sure there, will it be all, will it be both from the same targets, will it be one magic from a guy and one disease from another?) every Judgement too. Much skill in that, right. Oh, the Silence, the Psychic Horror, the Mind Bomb ! Gone !

Against Mages you will be able to dispel Poly, Nova, DB, Ring, and more ! Every 10s ! On all your allies ! Great design ! Also, Traps from Hunters, Fears from Priests, Repentance, HoJ, Blinding Light, long past are the days your team could get CC’ed, you now have the 10s CD magic CC removal ! Exactly what the game, Rets especially, needed!

I wonder how it will work vs UA though. Maybe it will kill the Paladin. Who knows, ONE good thing could come from such a talent.

1 Like

I just remember the time in bfa where palas had the auto cleanse talent and all assa rogues were auto countered. Wouldn’t this be basically the same?
Not sure if this also dispells the 40% ms on shiv (probably not?)

Still looks like an auto freedom against assa rogues for the whole party.

of course with magic dispel it is beyond broken, no question, but even without magic dispel I really dislike the talent in general

It really was only an issue in Legion because it was a big efficient heal removing all poisons, so we lost energy regen and we lost Creeping, which we played back then. It wasn’t played in BfA but the point is it did counter Assa because it removed all poisons every GCD basically so you could never get energy back (you get energy back from bleed tics on poisoned targets).

This new thing would remove only one poison every 10s while we have two on the target always, so, not too big of a deal, we’ll still have energy.

Shiv debuff is not a poison. I don’t remember whether Hemotoxin is attached to that buff or is a new one, and if it is I don’t know it’s type. But if it is attached to Shiv it will not be removed by that.

1 Like

wonder if that magic removal will be countered by vt / ua

vt would really be a non issue.
If you self destruct if you dispell 3 UAs would be very funny though

Great since covering trap vs warlocks with imps with 3-4 different debuffs/roots is so much fun… Now need to do same vs every ret team as well… Can’t wait… :slight_smile:

1 Like

If this talent makes it live any ele/sp might aswell leave against paladins in the starting room

It’s already hard if you face H Paladin because with Cleanse the Weak he already dispels all Flame Shocks, VT and SW:P from all targets within aura. Imagine if he has both.

The only option is to go for 1 shot setup on H Pala with Mindgames and Stormkeerper. Great idea - buff the hard counter even harder xD

1 Like

Not a fan of the Ret changes but it’s not like Ele/SP can’t still just run with a Warrior and kill them through Shield of Vengeance once Bubble goes down tbh.

LMFAO

They have to be trolling at this point there is no other way

2 Likes

That thing looks very OP, but also very obnoxious at the same time, imo.

Like… against Affliction Locks, will you be one-shotting yourself to every UA every time you use Judgment? Against SPs will you be perma-CC’ed?

I want to think that it won’t be removing magic cc from your friends… But even then it’s kind weird if you can counter stuff like Mind Games by just using Judgment.

P.S. The 1st talent you linked (at least if memory serves right) also belongs to Protection. It’s not Ret-specific, and imo, it looks way, way, way more disturbing on the Prot spec since they can opt in for talents such as Crusader’s Judgment (2x Judgment charges) and their Judgment has 1/2 of the baseline cd compared to Ret’s (6 seconds instead of 12, which also gets reduced by Haste).

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=246806/lawbringer

The difference between live and ptr is 5% dmg and 45 sec duration on live vs 10% and 1 min duration on ptr.
So what’s the issue here ?

But famalam, you haven’t told them the best bit…

New covo leggo casts aoe judge every 10 secs. LMFAO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spread pressure. Lots of it. Try thinking of something like DIVINE TOLL!!! Then, think that divine toll is an AOE judge, with a chance to multi hit your primary target. Now think of the new covo leggo coming out, that casts DIVINE TOLL every 10 seconds.

I’m sure you get the point…
[EDIT EDIT EDIT]
WRONG!!! It’s every 5 seconds… LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMG HAHAHAHA WTF WTF LOLOL

only if you are unlucky. It only dispels 1 magic effect, so if you got UA, Corruption, SWP and VT on you, it will be a lottery :rofl:
great game design

1 Like

sounds extremly stupid who thinks of stuff like that?

Can someone on the PTR start testing all this shi out

Developers who clearly have no clue about pvp.